Princess Transfers in New York City

Purple Gallinule

We will be on the Enchanted Princess sailing October 1 roundtrip NYC. If we fly on Southwest, we will go into Laguardia Airport, not JFK. Do Princess transfers work at both airports? Having never been to NYC for a cruise, I want to make sure we make the right decisions. Thanks to all for any help.

8 minutes ago, Purple Gallinule said:

We will be on the Enchanted Princess sailing October 1 roundtrip NYC. If we fly on Southwest, we will go into Laguardia Airport, not JFK. Do Princess transfers work at both airports? Having never been to NYC for a cruise, I want to make sure we make the right decisions. Thanks to all for any help.

Princess website contains the following information:

New York City

Princess offers transfers from New York's John F. Kennedy and LaGuardia airports and New Jersey's Newark airport.

Embarking Passengers
For voyages that depart from New York City, the latest flight arrivals are as follows:

• LaGuardia: 3 hours prior to ship's departure for domestic flights
  • John F. Kennedy: 4 hours prior to ship's departure for domestic flights
  • Newark: 4 hours prior to ship's departure for domestic flights

Disembarking Passengers
For voyages arriving in New York City, the earliest flight departures are as follows:

• LaGuardia: 6 hours after ship's arrival for domestic flights
  • John F. Kennedy: 7 hours after ship's arrival for domestic flights
  • Newark: 7 hours after ship's arrival for domestic flights

Also, be advised that if there are two (or more) of you, a taxi from LGA to the cruise terminal will cost about the same as the Princess Transfer, and you can go on your own time without waiting around for others.  Uber and Lyft are probably similar, but NYC is the one place where I much prefer Yellow Cab taxis over the private rides.  The cabbies know the best routes and which streets to avoid far better than the private ride drivers who tend to follow Google Maps religiously, and that often gets them routed onto a cross street that is pinched down to a single lane.  Can be frustrating.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

JimmyVWine,

Does Princess website contain the information for 

Disembarking Passengers
For voyages arriving in New York City, the earliest flight departures are as follows:

• LaGuardia: X hours after ship's arrival for International flights (from LGA to Toronto Canada) ?

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

There is a flat rate for taxis from jfk into Manhattan

The last time I was there it was $70 plus tip

Check using Google or in the nyc forum of trip advisor

I have found a couple of different prices for taxis. One had $52 plus tip, but it might be out-dated. I will assume your price of $70 plus tip is correct.

I'd still like to know the cost of Princess transfer to JFK. My Cruise Personalizer only has a 6.5 hour disembarkation tour for AUD $169.95 (roughly nearly US $120).

11 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I have found a couple of different prices for taxis. One had $52 plus tip, but it might be out-dated. I will assume your price of $70 plus tip is correct.

I'd still like to know the cost of Princess transfer to JFK. My Cruise Personalizer only has a 6.5 hour disembarkation tour for AUD $169.95 (roughly nearly US $120).

I apologize

My memory is not what it used to be

I think that $70 was the total I paid after the flat rate +toll for bridge,or tunnel and tip

4 hours ago, HSBC said:

JimmyVWine,

Does Princess website contain the information for 

Disembarking Passengers

• LaGuardia: X hours after ship's arrival for International flights (from LGA to Toronto Canada) ?

Thanks!

I didn’t see any guidelines for International flights. Honestly, the 6/7 hour suggestion seems like plenty of time. I flew out of JFK to LHR two weeks ago and arriving 3 hours before the flight was plenty. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

There is a flat rate for taxis from jfk into Manhattan

The last time I was there it was $70 plus tip

Check using Google or in the nyc forum of trip advisor

Taxi from LGA to the pier should run right around $50 which would be competitive with the transfer fee for 2 people. The only time I have traveled from JFK to Manhattan we had 4 people and hired a black car. I think we paid around $200. So a taxi for $70 seems about right. 

11 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

We are flying into LaGuardia and will use Princess transfers the next day to go to Red Hook. Our invoice shows $39pp. 

Thanks for your answer and thanks also to Roxievegas. I will assume the transfer to JFK is likely to cost $39pp.