Change to Bermuda Travel Authorization

BND

13 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I printed  the form but it  cut the second page in the middle of the initial line.  Changing size  didn't help. 

M

9 minutes ago, Scotty G said:

Same here. It doesn't look like that matters to us. Probably for their record keeping. Glad we got past this milestone 😉 

Ditto. Thinking that they will scan the barcode but I believe that the folks on the last sailing said that they didn't even have to show them to anyone  

8 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I find the FB page to be mostly clueless. 

According to RCCL, 8 night cruise itinerary

1, Port Canaveral

2. Nassau

3. Coco Cay

4 Sea Day 

5 Bermuda

6. Bermuda

7. Bermuda ( well,  a few hours)  

8. sea day

Bermuda is on the 5th day.  Gotta count Port Canaveral as day one.    Wish we had the Bermuda  itinerary  of the last 8 night  Bermuda cruise so Bermuda would be our first stop and also we would have a few more hours on Day 7.

M

You count embarkation date as day zero.  This is from the Bermuda government website FAQ

How do I count the days for my pre-arrival test? Do I count the hours? If travelling by air, your arrival day in Bermuda is Day 0. If travelling by sea, your departure day is Day 0. The hours are not counted. This means if your flight arrives in Bermuda on a Friday or your ship departs on a Friday, a supervised antigen test done no more than 2 days before would be done on the Wednesday.

Edited by molly361

16 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You count embarkation date as day zero.  This is from the Bermuda government website FAQ

How do I count the days for my pre-arrival test? Do I count the hours? If travelling by air, your arrival day in Bermuda is Day 0. If travelling by sea, your departure day is Day 0. The hours are not counted. This means if your flight arrives in Bermuda on a Friday or your ship departs on a Friday, a supervised antigen test done no more than 2 days before would be done on the Wednesday.

So, Royal counts it differently than Bermuda.  That's not confusing for cruisers lol.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

aw okay thanks for the explanation.  I understand a little bit more now.

But wondering how St Thomas, Barbados and Cayman Island manage without the addl money.

And plenty of other Caribbean islands that have far less wealth than Bermuda. I guess those places are thankful to just have those port fees rolling in again.

For anyone to imply that covid's unexpected budget shortfall was unique to Bermuda is ludicrous.... of course, in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

What ever they decide works for me.   I recall many cruises when  everyone on the cruise  had to go through customs ( on board)  when we had a US port ( like St Thomas) after a foreign port, but prior to returning to Florida.   We were all assigned a time ( I think by deck or cabin number to file through the dining room.  Had similar routine on some European cruises. Officials came on board, and inspected everyone's  passport.   Got us all through.  Guessing testing will be some method, maybe by deck. 

It certainly will be interesting! 

M

58 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And plenty of other Caribbean islands that have far less wealth than Bermuda. I guess those places are thankful to just have those port fees rolling in again.

For anyone to imply that covid's unexpected budget shortfall was unique to Bermuda is ludicrous.... of course, in my opinion.

Bermuda is not a Caribbean island.

Most islands in the Caribbean don't have public buses and ferries. Some islands are colonies and get funds from the mother country. The UK does not fund the Bermuda budget. 

I am sure many of those islands are desperate for cruise ships. Bermuda sees them more as a supplement. No one is forced to go to Bermuda. You are welcome to go to all those iCaribbeanslands with the same shops in every port.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, Bermuda is a very wealthy Country and has been for many years.   Their main GDP being insurance and financial services.    They do not rely on tourism as do many islands in the Caribbean.    And they expect to receive an estimated $22 million from this TA program. 

I wonder what others would say if the US started a TA requirement to cover our covid expenses.

What annoys me with the $40 pp TA fee is the fact it is non-refundable should I test positive before arriving in Bermuda.       

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Bermuda is not a Caribbean island.

Most islands in the Caribbean don't have public buses and ferries. Some islands are colonies and get funds from the mother country. The UK does not fund the Bermuda budget. 

I am sure many of those islands are desperate for cruise ships. Bermuda sees them more as a supplement. No one is forced to go to Bermuda. You are welcome to go to all those iCaribbeanslands with the same shops in every port.

Bermuda is not in the Caribbean? I had no idea.😆😆😆

6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I printed  the form but it  cut the second page in the middle of the initial line.  Changing size  didn't help. 

M

Had same issue. You would think they could format this properly. 

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Here is the Bermuda governments explanation on why they can’t drop the form. It was published a few minutes ago. 

https://www.royalgazette.com/health/news/article/20220525/government-cannot-afford-to-drop-ta-form-senate-told/

If they’re just doing it for the money, why couldn’t they just impose a fee rather than create a confusing system?  Would’ve been so much easier. The fee could have been handled by the cruise line, like they did for Cuba, or  passengers could simply  obtain  a travel visa like we do for other countries.  
m

7 hours ago, CGinMTL said:

Had same issue. You would think they could format this properly. 

I edited mine in Acrobat to stitch it together on one page - even that isn't as easy as it should be.