Documentation of Recovery

hmatt

Has anyone had any trouble getting on board using DOR without Covid test?

read where checking in I might have to be checked by someone which 

will be fine with me. I have never had any symptoms even when I tested 

positive May 3.

I cannot imagine you could avoid acovid test regardless of your documentation   Many eoplenhave gotten infected numerous times. I know of one acquaintance has had covid 3 times even though vaccinated 

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1

Airline Checklist: How to Confirm Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination and Negative Qualifying Test Results or Documentation of Recovery from COVID-19 Purpose: To help airlines confirm passengers’ COVID-19 vaccination (as applicable) and testing status before they board flights to the United States, as required by Presidential Proclamation and CDC’s Orders*.

Part 2: NEGATIVE TEST OR Documentation OF RECOVERY: Passenger Must Show a Negative COVID-19 Viral Test Result or Documentation of Recovery from COVID-19 or Meet Criteria for an Exemption to this Requirement

Didn’t know about testing when CDC says you can test positive for up to 

90 days. When I first received the DOC I didn’t think I would have to worry

about another test. Thanks for the answers

59 minutes ago, compozer said:

Airline Checklist: How to Confirm Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination and Negative Qualifying Test Results or Documentation of Recovery from COVID-19 Purpose: To help airlines confirm passengers’ COVID-19 vaccination (as applicable) and testing status before they board flights to the United States, as required by Presidential Proclamation and CDC’s Orders*.

Part 2: NEGATIVE TEST OR Documentation OF RECOVERY: Passenger Must Show a Negative COVID-19 Viral Test Result or Documentation of Recovery from COVID-19 or Meet Criteria for an Exemption to this Requirement

What does airline rules have to do with Princess ?

• Like 1

I went on a scuba trip to Little Cayman and tested positive.   I was in quarantine for 12 days until my CT value was above 32.   At that point I received a letter of recovery from the Cayman government stating I had covid and did my quarantine and now and was cleared to travel.   It is good for 90 days from when you had covid.

Edited by compozer
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, compozer said:

I went on a scuba trip to Little Cayman and tested positive.   I was in quarantine for 12 days until my CT value was above 32.   At that point I received a letter of recovery from the Cayman government stating I had covid and did my quarantine and now and was cleared to travel.   It is good for 90 days from when you had covid.

Thank you. What is a CT value? 

What is a CT value? CT stands for “Cycle Threshold” and indicates how many times a machine needed to try to copy a particular virus’s genetic material before being able to detect that material on a particular test called a Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test. The CT value can be looked at as an indirect indicator of the amount of viral genetic material detected from a particular specimen on a particular test at a particular time. In general, a lower CT value indicates a higher viral load in that specimen, and a higher CT value indicates a lower viral load.

I have not heard of any other countries using this.  If you test positive In the Cayman's,  after 10 days in quarantine,  your CT value needs to be above 32 before they allow you to get out of quarantine.  I had no symptoms but my CT value started at 15,  7 days later it was 27,  and when I hit 32.6 they allowed me to leave.   I was not allowed out of my room.  They set a table outside of my door where I could grab my food.   I was told if I did not follow the rules of the government, I could be fines $10,000 and put in jail for 2 years.    It was 12 days of hell.     It was not cheap - $3000 for the room.   So make sure you purchase insurance.   Last minute flights are very expensive.

• Thanks 1

I boarded the Sky in March using a Letter of Documentation of Recovery and a copy of my positive covid test. For the "secondary screening" I just had to see someone from Medical who looked at the documents.  This was in Ft. Lauderdale.  But I did print the info from their website just in case I had problems. 

This is the link to the health protocols from the Princess website. 

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/uk-southampton-cruises/

image.thumb.png.5ecfba5ed70f46a80a4e9770f2f4b20c.png

18 minutes ago, compozer said:

What is a CT value? CT stands for “Cycle Threshold” and indicates how many times a machine needed to try to copy a particular virus’s genetic material before being able to detect that material on a particular test called a Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test. The CT value can be looked at as an indirect indicator of the amount of viral genetic material detected from a particular specimen on a particular test at a particular time. In general, a lower CT value indicates a higher viral load in that specimen, and a higher CT value indicates a lower viral load.

I have not heard of any other countries using this.  If you test positive In the Cayman's,  after 10 days in quarantine,  your CT value needs to be above 32 before they allow you to get out of quarantine.  I had no symptoms but my CT value started at 15,  7 days later it was 27,  and when I hit 32.6 they allowed me to leave.   I was not allowed out of my room.  They set a table outside of my door where I could grab my food.   I was told if I did not follow the rules of the government, I could be fines $10,000 and put in jail for 2 years.    It was 12 days of hell.     It was not cheap - $3000 for the room.   So make sure you purchase insurance.   Last minute flights are very expensive.

Thank you for explaining this to me.  I tested positive the day after I returned home from my cruise so I quarantined at home.  I was lucky.  I wonder why they don’t do that in the US?