Boarding Explorer in Rome in a couple of weeks for our first Regent cruise…

Fredrik

So our cruise is in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have the daily schedule of activities so I can get a sense of how the evenings are layed

out? Are the shows the same time? Any special activities to look out for? With only seven nights, what is not to be missed on board. We have been to all the ports before. This is just ship time for us.

I don't have a schedule, but I expect someone here will. I can answer some other questions.

Shows are at 9:30 most evenings. Every so often, there will be a pre-dinner show instead or in addition, usually at 6:00 or 6:30. On Captain's farewell night, usually the penultimate evening, Krew Kapers is held at the earlier slot. It's crew members putting on a show, and is a lot of fun.

Early in the cruise, there may be a wine tasting, often in the morning, whereby a couple dozen of the included wines can be sampled so you can pick your favorites. This is helpful when you don't care for the wine being featured in the restaurant that evening--you have some ideas as to what else to request. Also, while it is not widely advertised, there is often a wine pairing lunch at some point in the cruise, where premium wines are served and paired with appropriate foods. There's a charge for this one (it was $169 on my last cruise). It's a good way to burn some OBCs if you have them.

There are usually deck games during the day (corn hole, ring toss, mini golf, etc), including a passenger/officers challenge. There's also trivia each day, though that can become something of a blood sport, depending on the passengers. And on sea days and partial days in port, there's a speaker. If your cruise is to Alaska, Regent uses two primary speakers for that region who are both excellent. Terry Breen talks about cultural issues, and "Dr. Dave" about scientific and wildlife. Unfortunately, only one of them is on per cruise. 

As you may surmise, things tend to be pretty low key on Regent.

• Like 2

To add to above, tea is at 4 pm.  Trivia is at 4:30.  They used to be in the same venue, but the tea only people and the trivia people got into it over seating, so now it is in different areas on most if not all the ships.  So if you are interested in both, you have to run get your tea early then go to trivia.  I liked the actual TEA part of tea ( not the scones and desserts), but I like trivia more so just do that now.

sometimes depending on the port schedule, trivia is in the morning, but rarely.  So you do have to look at passages the day before to know timings.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Fredrik said:

So our cruise is in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have the daily schedule of activities so I can get a sense of how the evenings are layed

out? Are the shows the same time? Any special activities to look out for? With only seven nights, what is not to be missed on board. We have been to all the ports before. This is just ship time for us.

HI Fredrik,

On my cruise on the Splendor a few months ago, I posted the schedule of activities in the daily Passages here

Clearly, this is NOT the same schedule that you will have on your cruise, but it might give you some idea as to what to expect.

If the link does not bring you to the correct spot, it is post #160.

Have a great time, Regent is fabulous.

On our recent Mariner voyage  (last 50 days of the WC) Tea began at 4 and Trivia began at 430.  Both in Horizon Lounge. The Social Hostess also revealed the daily Mensa quiz answers at 425.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwaj girl said:

On our recent Mariner voyage  (last 50 days of the WC) Tea began at 4 and Trivia began at 430.  Both in Horizon Lounge. The Social Hostess also revealed the daily Mensa quiz answers at 425.

And that is how I like it.  Was not the case on our Splendor cruise in January unfortunately.

22 hours ago, boblerm said:

HI Fredrik,

On my cruise on the Splendor a few months ago, I posted the schedule of activities in the daily Passages here

Clearly, this is NOT the same schedule that you will have on your cruise, but it might give you some idea as to what to expect.

If the link does not bring you to the correct spot, it is post #160.

Have a great time, Regent is fabulous.

Thank you so much for taking your time to post. Not only will I now have a general idea of the scheduling, but also a great trip review to read. Happy sailings!

• Like 1

On a normal sea day we would get up and have coffee in our suite. After we got ready for the day, DH would head to the library and read the latest newspapers. We would also get the latest Mensa test. We were pretty low-key during the morning. After lunch we would walk around the ship enjoy the view and talk with new friends.  I  schedule did include Trivia where we would also turn in the Mensa test. As you can tell we are not go get them competitive busy people we really enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of see days.

• Like 3