Boston- taxi/uber or ferry

electro

Hi,

I am sailing out of Boston the the 28th of May, traveling solo. I arrive in Boston at 3 pm on the 27th and am staying at an airport hotel, downtown hotels were stupid expensive for that weekend, around 600 per night.

I would like to see a bit of the city, maybe walk a bit of the Freedom trail, get some dinner and maybe take a ghost tour. Should I take a taxi/uber or the ferry.

If the ferry, which one and where do I get off?

Same question to get to the cruise the next morning.

Thanks

Lois

22 hours ago, electro said:

I would like to see a bit of the city, maybe walk a bit of the Freedom trail, get some dinner and maybe take a ghost tour. Should I take a taxi/uber or the ferry.

You don't have a ton of time-- I wouldn't waste my time with the water taxi. Just jump in an Uber and its a quick ride over into downtown. The only exception to this is if you were over in Charlestown Navy Yard to see the Constitution (which might be too ambitious given the limited time you have) the ferry that runs from there to the harbor front is actually a nice way to see the city. 

But for what you are describing from the airport, just save the extra half hour the boat will take and hop in an Uber. 

22 hours ago, electro said:

Same question to get to the cruise the next morning.

Same answer-- an Uber will be a lot quicker and easier, especially with luggage. 

51 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

You don't have a ton of time-- I wouldn't waste my time with the water taxi. Just jump in an Uber and its a quick ride over into downtown. The only exception to this is if you were over in Charlestown Navy Yard to see the Constitution (which might be too ambitious given the limited time you have) the ferry that runs from there to the harbor front is actually a nice way to see the city. 

But for what you are describing from the airport, just save the extra half hour the boat will take and hop in an Uber. 

Same answer-- an Uber will be a lot quicker and easier, especially with luggage. 

thank you for the info, Uber it is!

9 hours ago, electro said:

thank you for the info, Uber it is!

Makes sense.   Of course what would REALLY make sense when traveling is to expand the opportunity a bit - don’t just think of the cruise, but take advantage of your efforts to get to the cruise.   Why not spend a day or two in Boston, as long as you are going to be there, and experience a bit of a very interesting area?

11 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Makes sense.   Of course what would REALLY make sense when traveling is to expand the opportunity a bit - don’t just think of the cruise, but take advantage of your efforts to get to the cruise.   Why not spend a day or two in Boston, as long as you are going to be there, and experience a bit of a very interesting area?

too late for that now, everything is booked. Besides, the hotels were so expensive for this weekend that it would cost me as much as the cruise to do a couple of days there. I am doing this trip solo, I will visit Boston another time with my DH. We are actually only a 6 hour drive from there so we will go when it is less expensive.