Aft Junior Suite on Independence of the Seas

I am currently booked in an Aft Junior Suite on Deck 7 on the Independence, cabin 7412.  When doing a price check, I noticed cabin 1706 on Deck 10 is now available.  Wondering if I should switch or does it not really make a difference?  I know these are obstructed view cabins, but from what I could find, the view might be better on Deck 10?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

We have had several aft suites and really like them.  Thos that have an obstructed view are really not that bad and I quickly adjusted.  The extra large balcony is well worth it IMO.

Thank you!  I should have added that 1706 is also an Aft facing Junior Suite.  I was wondering if this cabin would have a better view than the one on Deck 7?

17 minutes ago, sunrise&set said:

Thank you!  I should have added that 1706 is also an Aft facing Junior Suite.  I was wondering if this cabin would have a better view than the one on Deck 7?

Yes, switch ASAP!  Your original JS is like sitting in a cave, it is set way back into the structure of the ship.

The only deck 7 aft facing cabins I would stay in are the corner ones on deck 7, even though they are not JS's..........but they actually have the largest balconies on the entire ship including the suites.

Take the deck 10 cabin you are looking at.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

Another vote for 1706. We’ve had that cabin several times on that class and love it. The balcony is huge.  It’s very private and the “obstruction” is almost unnoticeable especially compared to the amazing view. Enjoy!!

36 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Definitely would move to 1706

Freedom_aft_balconies2.jpg

Picture somewhat deceiving because it doesn't show that dance floor infront of the balconies and end of ship on deck 7. and crew quarters below deck 6 balconies looking down  onto deck 5. 

Edited by Jimbo

59 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Picture somewhat deceiving because it doesn't show that dance floor in front of the balconies and end of ship on deck 7. and crew quarters below deck 6 balconies looking down  onto deck 5. 

Not deceiving, just a single head on perspective of the aft facing cabins. In order to get the perspective that would show the dead space below you, one would either have to be flying a drone, or taking pictures down onto someone else's balcony. Your initial description of deck 7 being cave-like gets the point across quite well.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 7:10 AM, Surfguyxxx said:

Did you get it????? 😳

The price for the JS had gone up, so I was told I had to pay the difference even though I was asking to change cabins in the same category.  I plan to try again, but I can't access the site to check prices.

12 minutes ago, sunrise&set said:

The price for the JS had gone up, so I was told I had to pay the difference even though I was asking to change cabins in the same category.  I plan to try again, but I can't access the site to check prices.

That is literally the opposite of correct.  If they are the EXACT SAME CATEGORY, not just JS, but for example J3 or J4, there is no cost to switch.  But if one is J3 and one is J4, you are SOL on price.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

That is literally the opposite of correct.  If they are the EXACT SAME CATEGORY, not just JS, but for example J3 or J4, there is no cost to switch.  But if one is J3 and one is J4, you are SOL on price.

That's what I thought too, so I'm trying to check.  But I do plan to call as well.  Thanks!!

6 minutes ago, sunrise&set said:

That's what I thought too, so I'm trying to check.  But I do plan to call as well.  Thanks!!

Using *****, it looks like they are the identical category.  Call again!

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 10:43 AM, sunrise&set said:

I am currently booked in an Aft Junior Suite on Deck 7 on the Independence, cabin 7412.  When doing a price check, I noticed cabin 1706 on Deck 10 is now available.  Wondering if I should switch or does it not really make a difference?  I know these are obstructed view cabins, but from what I could find, the view might be better on Deck 10?

Thanks!

We had 1706 on the Independence in November....you will love it...guaranteed!  Enjoy your cruise!