Over Water Cabanas - CoCo Cay

They are showing a charge for the day of $3000+ for an over the water cabana.  Is that accurate??  First time going to CoCo Cay and want a chill day, any recommendations?  Is there a dedicated beach area for suite guests?

Just now, DShock said:

First time going to CoCo Cay and want a chill day, any recommendations? 

You have plenty of ways to chill without subsidizing RCI's profit - lots of free nice loungers and umbrellas.

My in laws got one for a big family 50th anniversary trip next week a long time ago and it was "only" like $1899. It looks amazing and I'm sure we'll enjoy it.

That said, DW & I loved Cococay in 2019 without spending a dime and will be back there twice in July and won't spend any $ then either.

I enjoy steak & lobster, sure, but the free chicken parm sandwich hack and funnel cakes along with free Diamond drinks are delicious too.

No need to get a cabana to have a chill day, there are tons of free loungers and all have umbrellas. Food is a short walk away with both snack stands and larger buffet pavilions, and bars are plentiful as well. Our last time at CoCo Cay most of the cabanas weren't even being used, and we set up at a free lounger right next to them. Can't imagine paying so much money for essentially the same experience! 

If you want something more upscale, you can get a pass to the beach club. 

40 minutes ago, saridien said:

No need to get a cabana to have a chill day, there are tons of free loungers and all have umbrellas. Food is a short walk away with both snack stands and larger buffet pavilions, and bars are plentiful as well. Our last time at CoCo Cay most of the cabanas weren't even being used, and we set up at a free lounger right next to them. Can't imagine paying so much money for essentially the same experience! 

I wouldn't spend it either but it's not exactly the same experience. I'm sure my nieces will love sliding into the ocean and having a server tricycle us lobster and drinks is nice.

Are you thinking of on land cabanas? These are over the water cabanas out on a pier in the ocean. You need to go through the beach club to get to them. Not sure how you can set up next to one.

We got an over the water cabana on our May 8 Allure cruise for a bargain price of $1049. I'm glad we didn't pay more, since the weather was not nice the day we were there. It was still nice, though, for a special day! I would never pay $3000 for it, but if I could split the cost between a couple families, I would do it.

3 hours ago, saridien said:

Even the Beach Club is getting pricey.... I thought $150 was a lot when I saw the prices on our October 2021 Oasis sailing, now people are reporting $225 and higher.  Obviously RC is testing the waters with the outrageous prices but I am glad to see the cabanas were empty especially given the recent price hikes, maybe RC will take note and start charging more reasonable prices.

19 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I wouldn't spend it either but it's not exactly the same experience. I'm sure my nieces will love sliding into the ocean and having a server tricycle us lobster and drinks is nice.

Are you thinking of on land cabanas? These are over the water cabanas out on a pier in the ocean. You need to go through the beach club to get to them. Not sure how you can set up next to one.

Yes sorry, talking about the land cabanas. The over water ones definitely have more unique offerings. But they have a free splashaway bay on the island as well if you don't want to pay for your kid to have a water slide. My point was that the offerings at the cabana can be gotten for free, it's mostly the convenience you pay for (and with the cococay revamp, the base experience is pretty convenient too). It's worth it to many people, but if you just want to have a chill day then my opinion is that your money could be better spent elsewhere. 

28 minutes ago, saridien said:

Yes sorry, talking about the land cabanas. The over water ones definitely have more unique offerings. But they have a free splashaway bay on the island as well if you don't want to pay for your kid to have a water slide. My point was that the offerings at the cabana can be gotten for free, it's mostly the convenience you pay for (and with the cococay revamp, the base experience is pretty convenient too). It's worth it to many people, but if you just want to have a chill day then my opinion is that your money could be better spent elsewhere. 

Think I mentioned somewhere in this thread we would never pay for it and love going to Cococay for free so I don't disagree with most of what you said. Just wanted to clarify the different cabanas and point out there are some things you can't replicate for free.

If you have 8 people going, it's not THAT terrible at the old $1899-ish price. People pay $200/person for excursions that include far less. Hell, that's roughly how much the beach club alone costs now without the cabana! At $3499-ish and if you have less people, it's damn expensive, but everything is relative. Thankfully, like on the ship, RC offers something for everyone.