Beverage and Dining package deals

So we are currently booked on Odyssey for next February. We took advantage of the kids sail free deal. Does RCCL ever do deals online where you get discounted beverage packages or meal packages after booking the cruise?

7 minutes ago, Scotico said:

So we are currently booked on Odyssey for next February. We took advantage of the kids sail free deal. Does RCCL ever do deals online where you get discounted beverage packages or meal packages after booking the cruise?

Yes- keep looking at the cruise beverage packages and meal packages.  Especially during holidays- check july 4th and memorial day- also thanksgiving and christmas.  If you buy and the price decreases, immediately call the cruise line and they will refund you and you will have to rebook at the cheaper price.

I check from time to time on all cruises.  Prices also can increase- so doesn't hurt to purchase when you can as long as you don't mind laying out the money.

• Like 1

We do the same thing too.  Book it now and when it drops (and it most likely will) call and rebook.  Recently we had a TA that went from $32.99 a day for the refreshment package down to $23.99 per day.  At $9 per day times 14 days that saved us $126.  Not bad!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Scotico said:

Does the beverage package include Starbucks or do you need to use the ships coffee shop fir specialty coffees. 

Every ship has a Cafe. The cafes may use starbucks beans. Those are included. Some ships have a stand alone Starbucks, that you have to pay for and is not included in the package.

So I am pretty sold on the beverage package since we would be using it during dinner with bottled water and cocktails along with multiple coffees in the AM. For those who sailed the odyssey, is the unlimited dining package worth it?  We prefer using the restaurants/cafes fir meals rather than the buffets. From what I understand, you can use the unlimited dining for all meals. 

20 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

immediately call the cruise line

Just go in the cruise planner under your purchase history and cancel there. It will refund all the same and save you a call.

3 minutes ago, Scotico said:

So I am pretty sold on the beverage package since we would be using it during dinner with bottled water and cocktails along with multiple coffees in the AM. For those who sailed the odyssey, is the unlimited dining package worth it?  We prefer using the restaurants/cafes fir meals rather than the buffets. From what I understand, you can use the unlimited dining for all meals. 

UDP is just lunch and dinner, not breakfast. 

Some have a set $ amount you can order ... lol but then can go back and reorder same amount.

I think izumi has a $35 limit. Maybe $10 more for hot rock.

I get bogo as diamond plus and really want izumi, but its excluded from bogo for reasons I dont get or maybe it's too popular. But unlimited dining gets it. Its ala carte. I wish as a bogo I could just be told ok order up to $35 or even $25. 

I get tired of steak. Izumi is one of my favorites. I skipped it this past time but wish it was included as a bogo perk. 

57 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

UDP is just lunch and dinner, not breakfast. 

Some have a set $ amount you can order ... lol but then can go back and reorder same amount.

I think izumi has a $35 limit. Maybe $10 more for hot rock.

I get bogo as diamond plus and really want izumi, but its excluded from bogo for reasons I dont get or maybe it's too popular. But unlimited dining gets it. Its ala carte. I wish as a bogo I could just be told ok order up to $35 or even $25. 

I get tired of steak. Izumi is one of my favorites. I skipped it this past time but wish it was included as a bogo perk. 

Did you want Hibachi? - i have used Diamond plus BOGO for hot rocks in the past although I know there are limited venues for that now, or has that changed? I thought only Hibachi/teppanyaki and Chefs table weren’t allowed.

Edited by c-leg5

6 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Did you want Hibachi? - i have used Diamond plus BOGO for hot rocks in the past although I know there are limited venues for that now, or has that changed? I thought only Hibachi/teppanyaki and Chefs table weren’t allowed.

no just the opposite. I want sushi or tempura. The ala carte items. Diamond guy said he tried to get a reservation there and it was jam packed the last leg when I tried. Some friends said they had 8 vietnamese at their Mdr table.  We might just have had too many oriental inclined pax who particularly wanted izumi and not the others. I would have paid for chops but I was flabbergasted at the $21 surcharge for lobster. I remember a smaller version called surf and turf. I was tired of red meat but would have ordered a steak at chops if they would include izumi.

I considered asking the chops mgr who diamond guy said was the mgr of pay dining and could say yes or no but he said he couldnt get in. Izumi too popular. Reservations were packed tight. With only 3 pay restaurants on grandeur reservations busy. One guy said his meal at chops took a hour and a half. Very busy.

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

no just the opposite. I want sushi or tempura. The ala carte items. Diamond guy said he tried to get a reservation there and it was jam packed the last leg when I tried. Some friends said they had 8 vietnamese at their Mdr table.  We might just have had too many oriental inclined pax who particularly wanted izumi and not the others. I would have paid for chops but I was flabbergasted at the $21 surcharge for lobster. I remember a smaller version called surf and turf. I was tired of red meat but would have ordered a steak at chops if they would include izumi.

I considered asking the chops mgr who diamond guy said was the mgr of pay dining and could say yes or no but he said he couldnt get in. Izumi too popular. Reservations were packed tight. With only 3 pay restaurants on grandeur reservations busy. One guy said his meal at chops took a hour and a half. Very busy.

So it was allowed, but it was full? 

35 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

36 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

No the paper in my cabin said izumi is excluded. That's why I would have had to go to the mgr and ask for a exception. ..when I heard how full it was I just said ok and didnt push. Diamond guy didnt think i could get a exception it was so full. 

It said excluded. ...only chops and italian for bogo. Also chefs table excluded but I didnt want that. 

On 5/24/2022 at 9:23 AM, Scotico said:

Does the beverage package include Starbucks or do you need to use the ships coffee shop fir specialty coffees. 

No to Starbucks but there are other speciality coffee places to go; Latitudes I believe.