Oceania Shareholder Credit Form...

Stockjock

Just now, Daniel A said:

How soon can you apply for the Shareholder OBC?  I know they want it at least 15 days before sailing, but what is the beginning of the window period?

Thanks

We usually send after final payment

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

How soon can you apply for the Shareholder OBC?  I know they want it at least 15 days before sailing, but what is the beginning of the window period?

Thanks

I have had real good luck sending the form in 60 days from embarkation.

• Thanks 1

When they process your request for OBC, is it normal to get an email back from them to confirm the credit has been issued?  I submitted our request for credit 14 days ago.  Other than an initial confirmation email that they received the email request, I have heard nothing from them.  On the other hand, when I go to the booking for our upcoming cruise, I do see a $250 credit.  But I can't be sure that this is from owning NCL stock, or a credit from our travel agency.

2 hours ago, Torquer said:

When they process your request for OBC, is it normal to get an email back from them to confirm the credit has been issued?  I submitted our request for credit 14 days ago.  Other than an initial confirmation email that they received the email request, I have heard nothing from them.  On the other hand, when I go to the booking for our upcoming cruise, I do see a $250 credit.  But I can't be sure that this is from owning NCL stock, or a credit from our travel agency.

It appears the description of Shareholder Shipboard Credit on your "Manage My Cruise" webpage depends upon what some clerk happened to type in when they entered your SSBC credit into O's computers.

Try process of elimination: ask your TA if they've arraigned that $250 SBC.

Oh!  More process of elimination: if your cruise isn't 15+ days, the $250 isn't SSBC.  😉 

I submitted my form request to O on Jan 5.  Received an email same day that it was "received".  I booked through a TA.  I don't see it anywhere on my on-line reservation.  However, I asked TA and she sent me updated confirmation that shows the credit as $50 per person as a "Gift".  Our cruise departs 11 March, so just over the 60 days out mark when I submitted.

On 1/17/2024 at 7:31 PM, Torquer said:

So, now I have an answer to my question.  On January 17, 2024, I submitted my Shareholder OBC request for my cruise coming up in September (just about nine months before the cruise.)  I got the initial email confirming receipt of the request, but I have heard nothing since.  I just now went into my booking, and I can see that they have added the OBC to my account.  It was weird how they posted it though.  Half was showing under my name and the other half was showing under my wife's name.

I signed into my account, clicked on the box "Manage Your Account" and under "My Account: Overview" it was showing "My Next Cruise."  Just to the right of the Booking # is a blue field "My Total Credits."  When I clicked on that blue lettering, it opened up a new page showing my stateroom number, our names and under that is a gold-colored box labeled "My Credits."  Directly below that box is a blue field "View Credits."  Click those blue words and a new popup screen will present showing your available OBC.  The first line for both my wife and me shows "COMPLIMENTARY SHIPBOARD CREDIT - NCLH SHAREHOLDER" and the amount assigned to each of us.

I hope this helps you find out if the credits have been applied.

Edited by Daniel A

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

The first line for both my wife and me shows "COMPLIMENTARY SHIPBOARD CREDIT - NCLH SHAREHOLDER" and the amount assigned to each of us.

I did exactly the same thing.  But mine just says:  "COMPLIMENTARY SHIPBOARD CREDIT".  I do not have the "NCLH SHAREHOLDER" part after it.  I pretty have concluded that this really is the stockholder credit for $250 and not OBC from our travel agency or anything else.  But it would be nice if it were stated explicitly, or better yet, if O sent an email confirming the credit.

Now my next question is the way the credit is assigned with $125 to me and $125 to my wife.  Suppose I give my credit card number to charge all our room's expenses and my wife doesn't use her key card to purchase anything on the ship.  I hope that doesn't mean we would lose here $125 credit??

56 minutes ago, Torquer said:

I did exactly the same thing.  But mine just says:  "COMPLIMENTARY SHIPBOARD CREDIT".  I do not have the "NCLH SHAREHOLDER" part after it.  I pretty have concluded that this really is the stockholder credit for $250 and not OBC from our travel agency or anything else.  But it would be nice if it were stated explicitly, or better yet, if O sent an email confirming the credit.

Now my next question is the way the credit is assigned with $125 to me and $125 to my wife.  Suppose I give my credit card number to charge all our room's expenses and my wife doesn't use her key card to purchase anything on the ship.  I hope that doesn't mean we would lose here $125 credit??

IME, you will not lose your credit.  The $125 will be used.

1 hour ago, Torquer said:

Now my next question is the way the credit is assigned with $125 to me and $125 to my wife.

At debarkation, O will use your leftover SSBC to pay for your wife's --forgive the stereotype-- culinary class if needed.

For pre-cruise signups on the website, O will not.

1 hour ago, Torquer said:

If you're getting $250 OBC, you will be on a longer cruise of 15 days or more.  After a few days onboard, check your stateroom folio to see if the Shareholder credits are being used.  I'm not sure about how O does it, but most lines will use up non-refundable OBC first before delving into any refundable credit.  My TA OBC is always refundable, so my Shareholder credit will go away first.

On 1/23/2024 at 9:55 AM, Torquer said:

For me, they also split my shareholder credits with my wife.  I'm slightly irked with O for doing this.  My brokerage statement clearly shows me as the sole owner of those shares, my wife's name doesn't appear on any of the paperwork.  The whole stateroom account is on my credit card, not hers.  I just think it was pretty presumptuous for them to decide to share my OBC with her.  After all, she could have been my sister in the cabin with me, not a wife.  Not a big deal, but it was a curious decision on O's part.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

For me, they also split my shareholder credits with my wife.  I'm slightly irked with O for doing this.  My brokerage statement clearly shows me as the sole owner of those shares, my wife's name doesn't appear on any of the paperwork.  The whole stateroom account is on my credit card, not hers.  I just think it was pretty presumptuous for them to decide to share my OBC with her.  After all, she could have been my sister in the cabin with me, not a wife.  Not a big deal, but it was a curious decision on O's part.

::wonders what his DW's thinks of the "all mine" attitude::

Other cruise lines do dump all SSBC into one pax's folio.  On those lines, if you both want to sign up for something, pre-cruise --often the case, no?--  then the other person can't use the SSBC and has to pay cash (or bother them on the phone).