Oceania Shareholder Credit Form...

Stockjock

My next cruise on O isn’t until March 2023. About two weeks ago I resent my request for the shareholder benefit. I got an email response telling me to resubmit closer to my cruise date. anyway, nice to get a response.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

My next cruise on O isn’t until March 2023. About two weeks ago I resent my request for the shareholder benefit. I got an email response telling me to resubmit closer to my cruise date. anyway, nice to get a response.

While I've not booked with Oceania, I have booked with NCL, Carnival/Princess, RCCL/Celebrity, etc.  I've not received that reply, but at least they replied, as noted.  But hard to see a reason why they couldn't put the shareholder credit onto your booking.

I think the clue is you need to own the stock at the time of sailing

2023  is a long way off & you could sell before your cruise

https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/nclhltd/files/documents/Shareholder+Benefit+Offer.pdf

GET EXCLUSIVE PERKS.
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS LTD. IS THRILLED TO OFFER
OUR SHAREHOLDERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 15 Days or More.
$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 7 to 14 Days.
$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 Days or Less.
This exclusive benefit is reserved solely for shareholders owning a minimum of 100 shares of
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. at time of sailing. Offer valid for any vacation on Norwegian Cruise Line®,
Oceania Cruises® or Regent Seven Seas Cruises ®, excluding charter sailings. Additional terms and
conditions may apply.* To redeem this special offer, simply complete the attached Shareholder Benefit
Request Form and mail or email (with accompanying documentation) request at least 15 days prior to
sailing to

41 minutes ago, pmatawan said:

I submitted a request for shareholder credit for a 2024 cruise. Did not get a reply, but the obc did show up in my account.

I guess if Iva is so inclined, she could simply resubmit the request.

40 minutes ago, pmatawan said:

I submitted a request for shareholder credit for a 2024 cruise. Did not get a reply, but the obc did show up in my account.

Interesting.  They usually want you to submit much closer to sail date. Is the OBC in your account identified as shareholder credit?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tgg said:

Interesting.  They usually want you to submit much closer to sail date. Is the OBC in your account identified as shareholder credit?

No, but it is split between myself and my wife. I submitted 2 requests to NCLH on the same day. One for an NCL cruise and the other for O. It took a couple of weeks for the O credit to show up. I did not question the delay as I figured the NCLH shareholder benefit had not yet been approved. But it showed up in my account this week ($250.) and I can't think of anywhere else it could be from.

19 hours ago, tgg said:

How do you view the credit?

I suspect if booked through travel agent you will not be able to view.  Anyway I looked at my online booking and there is no “ view credits  option. Stock is at a one year low so you can get 100 shares for about $1300.00. Even If it goes down 20% you would be about even with $250 onboard credit. I made a lot of money buying carnival stock but I would be surprised if rcl does that in the short term. Got in at about $13.20. Something to watch, anyway

8 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

I suspect if booked through travel agent you will not be able to view.  Anyway I looked at my online booking and there is no “ view credits  option. Stock is at a one year low so you can get 100 shares for about $1300.00. Even If it goes down 20% you would be about even with $250 onboard credit. I made a lot of money buying carnival stock but I would be surprised if rcl does that in the short term. Got in at about $13.20. Something to watch, anyway

I booked through a TA and am able to "view credits" for all my bookings.  I click on booked cruise and then manage cruise and it shows....when I click on View credits.....it shows the breakdown of credits.

CONCIERGE LEVEL VERANDA (A2)
Deck 7, Suite 7083
Guest(s):
SHIPBOARD CREDIT
TOTAL$650

REMAINING$52

3 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Owning a cruise lines volatile stock to get a discount  is akin to playing Russian roulette with a 45 automatic...........your investment elsewhere could bear more fruit      I  smile as I think of those that bought in at 20+  to get a 250 "return" and took a bath  for 0ver $ 1000

3 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Owning a cruise lines volatile stock to get a discount  is akin to playing Russian roulette with a 45 automatic...........your investment elsewhere could bear more fruit      I  smile as I think of those that bought in at 20+  to get a 250 "return" and took a bath  for 0ver $ 1000

Very true except I bought $3000 worth of Ccl when at 9 and sold at 23. So ! I have some money to play with. I got lucky. May not happen again. Plus I got the $250 on board credit on a Celebrity cruise. 

Bought 100 shares NCL (summer of 2021) @$20 plus or minus. 3 cruises since purchase = $600 shipboard credit.  Hope to enjoy 3 additional trips in 2022 for $450 on board credit, 2023 trips will enjoy $1200 onboard. Hope NCL stays in business. 😌

On 5/25/2022 at 2:41 PM, Norseh2o said:

Bought 100 shares NCL (summer of 2021) @$20 plus or minus. 3 cruises since purchase = $600 shipboard credit.  Hope to enjoy 3 additional trips in 2022 for $450 on board credit, 2023 trips will enjoy $1200 onboard. Hope NCL stays in business. 😌

with recession looming. I would not count on NHCL to hold present level of $15.......  Too many volitile X factors.....

• 3 weeks later...

We were booked on Oceania's Nautica for a 22 day cruise in the Med starting on April 1, 2022.  In December of 2021 I completed the stockholder benefit form, (with all relevant documents) and mailed to Oceania's offices in Miami.  Having received no response I emailed the benefit form, and all accompanying documents, to Oceania per instructions in January of 2022.  I did receive a reply email from Oceania within a few days acknowledging receipt of my documents and that my request was in the queue and would be answered in the order of the date received.  Still no response, I emailed the documents again in March of 2022.  When we boarded the ship on April 1 our shipboard credit still had not been posted.  After boarding I went to the reception desk and was told that we were NOT entitled to the credit since our cruise was on sale when we booked it - no apology and no explanation other than "this is Oceania's policy".  I looked through the terms and conditions but could not find any explanation.  Anyone have this happen before?

34 minutes ago, gator50 said:

We were booked on Oceania's Nautica for a 22 day cruise in the Med starting on April 1, 2022.  In December of 2021 I completed the stockholder benefit form, (with all relevant documents) and mailed to Oceania's offices in Miami.  Having received no response I emailed the benefit form, and all accompanying documents, to Oceania per instructions in January of 2022.  I did receive a reply email from Oceania within a few days acknowledging receipt of my documents and that my request was in the queue and would be answered in the order of the date received.  Still no response, I emailed the documents again in March of 2022.  When we boarded the ship on April 1 our shipboard credit still had not been posted.  After boarding I went to the reception desk and was told that we were NOT entitled to the credit since our cruise was on sale when we booked it - no apology and no explanation other than "this is Oceania's policy".  I looked through the terms and conditions but could not find any explanation.  Anyone have this happen before?

Yes, there are sales that do exclude combining with other promotions.......the Ultimate Sale excludes NCL stock OBC but does allow AMEX cruise privelagers.....have had other sales that excludes both and others that allowed NCL stock and exclude AMEX cruise privelage.   It is in the fine print of the terms and conditons of the specific promotion/sale you were booked under.  If you have a copy of the terms and conditions of the promotion that you were booked under and it does not exclude NCL stock OBC, then you should be able to take that to reception or Oceania ambassador and get it applied.

On 6/14/2022 at 4:29 PM, basor said:

Yes, there are sales that do exclude combining with other promotions.......the Ultimate Sale excludes NCL stock OBC but does allow AMEX cruise privelagers.....have had other sales that excludes both and others that allowed NCL stock and exclude AMEX cruise privelage.   It is in the fine print of the terms and conditons of the specific promotion/sale you were booked under.  If you have a copy of the terms and conditions of the promotion that you were booked under and it does not exclude NCL stock OBC, then you should be able to take that to reception or Oceania ambassador and get it applied.

I had 400 obc from ta company promo. Not sure of rule. What your saying is bring proof to ship and bring to reception they may be able to add 100 obc

5 hours ago, thepla said:

I had 400 obc from ta company promo. Not sure of rule. What your saying is bring proof to ship and bring to reception they may be able to add 100 obc

Sorry for themisunderstanding, I meant that you need to look at the terms and conditons of the promotion you were booked under for your cruise.  In the terms and conditons for each promotions, it specifically states which promotions it is combinable with and which promotions it is not combinable.  It varies by promotion.  It appears that the promotion "sale" you booked under, it was not combinable with NCL stock OBC.  We have had it both ways.  I always send in the NCL stock form (cause I usually never remember which promotion the cruise was booked under) and if it has not appeared in my "manage this cruise" a few weeks before the cruise, I ask my TA to check on the status.  Nothing can be done by reception onboard.

When O declined our request in April of this year, it  must have been because our spring cruise was on sale when we booked it last year.  I emailed new request forms a month ago for a cruise we are taking in mid-August - attaching all of the stock information they require.  I resubmitted the forms to Oceania again earlier this week.  Yesterday I received an email from Oceania saying that our request was approved and they had added the stock benefit ($250 this time cause we are on a 32 day cruise) to our booking account.  It doesn't show the on board credit when I look at it online, but I'm guessing its there.  My TA said he would follow up with Oceania and send me a revised invoice showing the credit.  So hopefully this mystery is solved.  Thanks to Basor for the Ultimate Sale response.

• Like 2