Oceania Shareholder Credit Form...

Stockjock

11 hours ago, comcox said:

Can the Shareholders OBC be used for gratuities?

This link is handy:

https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/nclhltd/files/documents/Shareholder+Benefit+FAQs.pdf

#7 "...Certificate value credited to onboard
account at the time of sailing and may not be used toward onboard service charges or
pre-purchased activities. ..."

For more, scroll to the bottom of https://www.nclhltd.com/investors and choose a link under "Shareholder Benefit"

12 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

This link is handy:

https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/nclhltd/files/documents/Shareholder+Benefit+FAQs.pdf

#7 "...Certificate value credited to onboard
account at the time of sailing and may not be used toward onboard service charges or
pre-purchased activities. ..."

For more, scroll to the bottom of https://www.nclhltd.com/investors and choose a link under "Shareholder Benefit"

Thanks for that link.  Not good news for me as I don't know what I will use it for as my only spending would be the gratuities and pre-booked excursions as I don't drink alcohol, coffee or soda.

SHOPPING 🤪

Spa treatments or haircuts on longer trips, etc. twice we have purchased paintings from Graham Denison and my SBC was credited so the purchase became cheaper.  You can never have too much SBC. If on a big ship, we have used SBC to get a group of friends together in Prive for a celebratory dinner. 
good luck,

Mauibabes

• Like 2

On 5/25/2022 at 11:07 AM, oskidunker said:

I suspect if booked through travel agent you will not be able to view.  Anyway I looked at my online booking and there is no “ view credits  option. Stock is at a one year low so you can get 100 shares for about $1300.00. Even If it goes down 20% you would be about even with $250 onboard credit. I made a lot of money buying carnival stock but I would be surprised if rcl does that in the short term. Got in at about $13.20. Something to watch, anyway

If you bought at 130 a share.... you just lost $400+     as of Today  100 shares  going for $9 a share....  $900 !...      I would not look at getting payback  for many many years   unless you take 5-6 cruises a year and with inflation continuing for  2 or more years  minimum.....   Can you afford to even cruise ?   Air fare up almost 50%.....       

9 hours ago, comcox said:

Thanks for that link.  Not good news for me as I don't know what I will use it for as my only spending would be the gratuities and pre-booked excursions as I don't drink alcohol, coffee or soda.

Coffee & sodas are included in the fare  but you could always use it for an extra excursion one not covered by O Life

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

If you bought at 130 a share.... you just lost $400+     as of Today  100 shares  going for $9 a share....  $900 !...      I would not look at getting payback  for many many years   unless you take 5-6 cruises a year and with inflation continuing for  2 or more years  minimum.....   Can you afford to even cruise ?   Air fare up almost 50%.....       

Since I'm with a "major Wall Street firm", I cannot comment on any specific stocks or securities.  But I think I can say that the 12-month low for NCLH appears to be $10.31.  So based upon what I see, it does not appear that the company reached the $9 level.  You might be thinking about CCL, which has a 12-month low of $8.70 per share.

Disclaimer: The preceding is not a recommendation for or against securities, an offer to buy or sell securities or a solicitation.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, comcox said:

You're welcome...not the most obvious when trying to find. Mauibabes probably has the best use of credit that will otherwise go unused...a mani/pedi will pretty much wipe out $100 depending on which one you get. The boutiques might have something (accessories, jewelry, clothing, cool floaty globes, etc.) that either you or someone you buy presents for would like (early b'day shopping!). The spa also has hair/skin products and clothes. How about an Oceania robe?

11 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Since I'm with a "major Wall Street firm", I cannot comment on any specific stocks or securities.  But I think I can say that the 12-month low for NCLH appears to be $10.31.  So based upon what I see, it does not appear that the company reached the $9 level.  You might be thinking about CCL, which has a 12-month low of $8.70 per share.

Disclaimer: The preceding is not a recommendation for or against securities, an offer to buy or sell securities or a solicitation.

Thanks for the correction....  either way there was a lot of folks that bought in at 18-22-25 a share for a   100-250 a cruise.... and today got their butt handed to them .   A short sighted  poor investment for long term stability.    Wrong reason to invest in my book..... risk loosing thousands to make pennys.   

14 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Coffee & sodas are included in the fare  but you could always use it for an extra excursion one not covered by O Life

But it does exclude pre-booked tours so I would have to wait til I was on board and hope there was room left.

• 2 weeks later...

When you complete this form and the appropriate proof of shareholder ownership, send the form to:

shareholderbenefit@oceaniacruises.com

I had initially sent it to NCL, which was incorrect.  It's not like RCCL, where they use one contact for all of their brands in terms of shareholder benefits.

On 6/29/2022 at 9:24 AM, Stockjock said:

When you complete this form and the appropriate proof of shareholder ownership, send the form to:

I had initially sent it to NCL, which was incorrect.  It's not like RCCL, where they use one contact for all of their brands in terms of shareholder benefits.

FWIW, just received a message that requests for shareholder credit must be submitted within 15 days of sailing, as one has to be an NCL shareholder at the time of sailing.

56 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

FWIW, just received a message that requests for shareholder credit must be submitted within 15 days of sailing, as one has to be an NCL shareholder at the time of sailing.

I submitted my paperwork 60 days out and got the credit in 2 days.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stockjock said:

From whence did this message come?  I've just now checked NCL's website.  It says, "...simply complete the attached Shareholder Benefit Request Form and mail or email (with accompanying documentation) request at least 15 days prior to sailing."  That's exactly the opposite of "within 15 days of sailing."  https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/nclhltd/files/documents/Shareholder+Benefit+Offer.pdf

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DrHemlock said:

From whence did this message come?  I've just now checked NCL's website.  It says, "...simply complete the attached Shareholder Benefit Request Form and mail or email (with accompanying documentation) request at least 15 days prior to sailing."  That's exactly the opposite of "within 15 days of sailing."  https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/nclhltd/files/documents/Shareholder+Benefit+Offer.pdf

It looked to me as if I should submit to NCL, so I did that.  After several weeks, NCL kicked it back and said to send the shareholder benefit request to Oceania, only with no e-mail address provided.

Called Oceania and got the e-mail address and then submitted the form and documentation as instructed by Oceania.  2 days later it was rejected with a note to provide the form "no later than 15 days prior to sailing".  The sailing isn't for quite a while, but it's certainly not "later than 15 days prior to sailing".  If I'm understanding their wording, as long as you're not within 15 days you should be good.

In my view, they ought to just add the OBC to the booking like the other cruise lines do, as it's a bit annoying, but whatever.

Edited by Stockjock

3 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Called Oceania and got the e-mail address and then submitted the form and documentation as instructed by Oceania.  2 days later it was rejected with a note to provide the form "no later than 15 days prior to sailing".  The sailing isn't for quite a while, but it's certainly not "later than 15 days prior to sailing".  If I'm understanding their wording, as long as you're not within 15 days you should be good.

In my view, they ought to just add the OBC to the booking like the other cruise lines do, as it's a bit annoying, but whatever.

When is your cruise?

21 hours ago, Siena219 said:

If your TA can’t give you a correct answer dump him now and get one that knows , you can only send in your SB at 60 days or less

It is so annoying that these rules have to be “discovered’. I knew that SB requests had to be sent in more than 15 days prior to embarkation, but it is the first time I have heard the 60 day or less rule. 
A customer based business should have a clear policy which is readily available - especially to shareholders.

‘And how hard is it to send a reply to SB requests saying, “your SB request has been received and you will receive a reply within 10 business days”? My request went in more than 3 weeks ago and no reply from Oceania. My TA has been trying to track it down and she is getting the run around.

In my experience this is typical and someone should clean house.

3 hours ago, Robjame said:

It is so annoying that these rules have to be “discovered’. I knew that SB requests had to be sent in more than 15 days prior to embarkation, but it is the first time I have heard the 60 day or less rule. 
A customer based business should have a clear policy which is readily available - especially to shareholders.

‘And how hard is it to send a reply to SB requests saying, “your SB request has been received and you will receive a reply within 10 business days”? My request went in more than 3 weeks ago and no reply from Oceania. My TA has been trying to track it down and she is getting the run around.

In my experience this is typical and someone should clean house.

My experience has been different.  After Final Payment, I submitted my forms via a single email for two different booking numbers, which were for B2B cruises.  My submission was March 23 for cruises of Oct. 18 and Nov. 11.  Well, it was my mistake to include multiple booking numbers on the same email submittal.  Only the Oct. 18 cruise received the Shareholder Benefit three weeks later.  I then followed-up with another email for the second cruise of Nov. 11.  Three weeks later it also had the NCLH benefit posted.  So, I am unaware of any 60-day rule, unless it is a recent development.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 12:24 PM, Stockjock said:

Thanks for that information.  I had sent my form to NCL; hopefully my form will arrive in time as I sail on 21 July.

5 hours ago, comcox said:

Thanks for that information.  I had sent my form to NCL; hopefully my form will arrive in time as I sail on 21 July.

Are you sailing on NCL or Oceania?

If Oceania  you need to send it to them as per the instructions 

see post #39 for the link

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Are you sailing on NCL or Oceania?

If Oceania  you need to send it to them as per the instructions 

see post #39 for the link

I'm sailing on Oceania and sent it off this morning.  

17 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Your previous post said you sent it to NCL   so just curious

enjoy

I originally sent to NCL in June per a posting on here back then.  They never responded to tell me I needed to send it elsewhere so it wasn't until I saw the post this week that I quickly sent it again to Oceania (one day before the deadline, whew).

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...