Can I buy wine at Civitavecchia port

sgmn

We're flying into Rome late the day before our cruise, staying at a airport hotel  and travelling to Civataveccia the day of our cruise straight to the ship. Does anyone know if there is a wine shop in the port area before boarding 

Thanks

On 5/25/2022 at 4:09 PM, euro cruiser said:

Yes, see a couple of options here:  

Thanks, I proberly didn't make myself clear but wondered if there is a shop actually in the terminal area as we will be getting dropped here by the car we have booked from Rome Airport on the day of departure.  We haven't got the drink package and will be nice to have a glass of wine in our cabin

3 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

No, not in the terminal.  If you have a car service, why not ask them to stop on the way in at one of the locations I gave you?

Or they could board the ship and then head back out on the (free) port shuttle to the gate. From there I know of several spots within easy walking distance.

Edited by cruisemom42

On 5/27/2022 at 1:02 PM, euro cruiser said:

No, not in the terminal.  If you have a car service, why not ask them to stop on the way in at one of the locations I gave you?

This is an excellent suggestion, and I’m sure the driver would be very happy to stop for you to pick up a few bottles of wine.

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

I've got one in the travel bag, one in my backpack, one in my toiletries case ...

A friend who traveled with me once asked if I had a problem she wasn't aware of.  I told her I just like to be prepared.  🍷

We have had them confiscated by airport security two or three times.   We very seldom check our bag so the contents always have to pass scrutiny.

To the point where we do not bother with a corkscrew any more.  We always seem to be able to get one....on the cruise line or at the hotel. 

We tend to cruise on lines that include the wine these days, so they don’t mind if we bring our own on board. but I still like to bring a bottle (or two or three) of “balcony wine”. Civitavecchia is a good place to get those. Franciacorta, Prosecco, a good Lazio red, there are many choices.

Edited by lisiamc