Disembarkation at Brooklyn cruise port

HSBC

I'll take Princess transfer from Brooklyn cruise port to New York Laguardia (LGA) airport.  Fly to Toronto by Air Canada.

Is 1:00 p.m. flight enough time?

I don't know whether LGA airport is an busy airport or not.

Thanks!

I’ve done this without a problem using AC and I had no problem. Disembark by 8-8:30. Plenty of taxis. If Princess allows you to book it should be ok.

I prefer LGA over the other airports there for TO flights.

• Like 1

You should be able to do a 1pm flight with no issues.  Taxi to airport is around 30 min and the airport.  I don't think you will have any issues getting to the airport and getting checked in.  

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, HSBC said:

I plan to use Princess transfer instead of taxi, would it be still enough time?

Thanks!

The only difference between Princess Transfer and a taxi;  the Princess transfer is a bus;  they will not leave cruise port until bus is filled.  I am sure there will be other people taking the Princess Transfer.  No worries.  Your flight qualifies for the Princess Transfer.  Normally Princess will not let you book EZ air for flights earlier than 1pm;  so you should be good to go

• Like 1

Air Canada is in Terminal B ... I was there on April 7 and 10. Beautiful new facility .... but lots of walking ... long distance to gates. Long lines at TSA ... it was a Sunday departure for us. Roadways still under reconstruction ... lots of congestion. I would definitely take a taxi ... should be about $40 ... worth it for your sanity. If Princess bus went to Terminal D first, then Terminal C next, then to Terminal B last ... each time waiting for people to slowly get off, then luggage pulled from below and identified ... I would go nuts. But, I am Type A ex-New Yorker with limited patience.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NavArch64 said:

Air Canada is in Terminal B ... I was there on April 7 and 10. Beautiful new facility .... but lots of walking ... long distance to gates. Long lines at TSA ... it was a Sunday departure for us. Roadways still under reconstruction ... lots of congestion. I would definitely take a taxi ... should be about $40 ... worth it for your sanity. If Princess bus went to Terminal D first, then Terminal C next, then to Terminal B last ... each time waiting for people to slowly get off, then luggage pulled from below and identified ... I would go nuts. But, I am Type A ex-New Yorker with limited patience.

I have to agree with you.  I am sailing out of Brooklyn in Oct.  I know the area and have been in and out of LGA for past 20 years.  I will take taxi to and from LGA

• Like 1

Just some arithmetic ... LGA Terminal B has 40 gates, 20 in each of two "piers". If each gate serves one flight every 90 minutes with an average of 180 passengers per flight, that is 180 x 40 / 1.5 = 4,800 per hour. So, Airline Check-in and then TSA have to sequentially clear almost 5,000 passengers per hour at a busy time in Terminal B. Crazy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eclue said:

I would prefer flying out of Newark over LGA, but if that is the choice, definitely take car service or taxi.

Have you compared taxi or Uber fares?

• Like 1

I always use car service     Dial 7. Look it up on the internet. I have asked them for a quote and then booked. Sometimes I call them, sometimes do it on line. Prices are better than cabs. they are very reliable. I have used them from JFK to cruise port, Hotels, and from the  Brooklyn Cruise port to airport.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

I always use car service     Dial 7. Look it up on the internet. I have asked them for a quote and then booked. Sometimes I call them, sometimes do it on line. Prices are better than cabs. they are very reliable. I have used them from JFK to cruise port, Hotels, and from the  Brooklyn Cruise port to airport.

I have them in my iphone list.  May call them in Oct;  I also have a company called Blacklane;  which have great reviews.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HSBC said:

I plan to use Princess transfer instead of taxi, would it be still enough time?

Thanks!

That is the last thing you want to do because they wait for a full bus before departing, with a taxi you’re on your way.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 6:39 PM, HSBC said:

I'll take Princess transfer from Brooklyn cruise port to New York Laguardia (LGA) airport.  Fly to Toronto by Air Canada.

Thanks!

I am debating using a Princess transfer as well to LGA from Brooklyn. May I ask how much it costs in US dollars.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 6:39 PM, HSBC said:

Thanks!

HSBC do you know if covid test is required when you fly from New York into Toronto.  I know it is not required by Canadian Rules but not sure if US requires a test to fly on airlines leaving US airport.

We are flying from LGA to Toronto in August.

Ty

Arlene

30 minutes ago, awinte2 said:

HSBC do you know if covid test is required when you fly from New York into Toronto.  I know it is not required by Canadian Rules but not sure if US requires a test to fly on airlines leaving US airport.

We are flying from LGA to Toronto in August.

Ty

Arlene

No Covid test for NY to TO, but ArriveCAN app must be filled in, fully vax, & Air Canada requires wearing a mask.

Things May change before your flight.

when you arrive in Toronto they put a sticker on your passport. Ours was green & we were sent right through- no tests for us.

Thankyou so much for this info and the prompt reply.  I know both governments are discussing taking the  travel restrictions away as is causing a major back log at the airports.

• 10 months later...
On 5/28/2022 at 9:11 AM, CTGirl said:

I am debating using a Princess transfer as well to LGA from Brooklyn. May I ask how much it costs in US dollars.

Anxious to know the answer also to this?

11 hours ago, burrma said:

How much is Princess transfers from Brooklyn to LGA? 

About how much is uber?

Thanks

We took this cruise last year (september).  I used the Princess transfers coming and going.  I believe that it was $39 each both times.  $78 total each way

We received a time to get off the ship, and go to the buses, Not really clear on which bus, but we got on.  The bus was not totally full, took about 45 minutes to get to airport and then the driver stops at each terminal.  We of course were on the last stop.  They do not really let you know which terminal is yours.  So you might want to research which airline goes out of what terminal.

Your flight time is in par to when ours left and we had no problem with security and had plenty of time to make our flight