Alaska cruisetour out of Fairbanks 2022

hapster85

Would like to hear from anyone who has been on a cruisetour beginning in Fairbanks, especially this year, about how far in advance you received your Fairbanks hotel assignment. Our tour begins in 29 days. Unless I'm just not looking in the right place in the Personalizer, we still haven't been assigned a hotel. I know it is most likely going to be the Riverside Lodge, but if it is going to be elsewhere, we'd like to know as soon as possible. We have a non-Princess tour booked for the first full day, and would like to relay the pickup information to them as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Look in your Travel Summary. You should find the hotel info there.

Yeah, that's one of the places I've been looking. No mention of it, other than it will be assigned before travel

I didn’t pay enough attention exactly when, our Anchorage hotel appeared first, just before the 30 day mark, the Fairbanks hotel was in there about 21 or so days I believe?

Also, ours is not the Riverside hotel.

Edited by Steelers0854
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, manunia said:

it also can be seen on Personalizer under Itinerary Tab - click on "+" next View Details below city name

That's another place I've been looking. Still nothing. Thx

Our hotel showed up in the personalizer at 21 days.

I wish they would also give us the itinerary for the first day.   Do we have any time before we board the bus after the riverboat cruise ?

• Like 1

Only thru our TA did we find out we are not at the Princess Lodge in Fairbanks but at a hotel downtown. Not sure I like that but no choice. Then again, more food choices in town. We enjoyed the lodge several years ago. It was pricey then , can't imagine what it is now! 

I am happy to be able to get back I to Alaska so I will take it. 

1 hour ago, compozer said:

Our hotel showed up in the personalizer at 21 days.

I wish they would also give us the itinerary for the first day.   Do we have any time before we board the bus after the riverboat cruise ?

Hopefully ours will show up in the next week. We're now at 29 days.

As far as the riverboat and gold dredge combo, it's listed as one 7.5 hour excursion. The two booked separately are 3 and 3.5 hours. I'm guessing the extra hour is travel time between the two. So probably not much time in between.

7 hours ago, jinpasco said:

Only thru our TA did we find out we are not at the Princess Lodge in Fairbanks but at a hotel downtown. Not sure I like that but no choice. Then again, more food choices in town. We enjoyed the lodge several years ago. It was pricey then , can't imagine what it is now! 

I am happy to be able to get back I to Alaska so I will take it. 

You're right about that! Great food choices in town. We did a diy land tour some years back and found a BBQ place with really good brisket and awesome bread pudding with whiskey sauce. The memory lingers. 

Princess Cruisetour TESTING REQUIREMENT CHANGES ** My wife just found out this evening from new FB post from  admin that Princess is now requiring Covid testing prior to Alaska land cruisetour(land first). Passengers must pay for this within 2 days. This is in addition to the testing they will provide prior to getting on ship(during land portion). However, Princess still hasn't posted it to their public website. Other than on one of the FB pages for Princess, you can only officially see it when you log onto your Princess cruise personalizer where it now pops up. You can't proceed without acknowledging it. One would hope they would send us an email, but with Princess who knows? This is the message that pops up.. SEE ATTACHED. (printscreen to Word doc.)

Princess cruisetour testingupdate 052922.docx

On 5/27/2022 at 7:34 PM, Steelers0854 said:

I didn’t pay enough attention exactly when, our Anchorage hotel appeared first, just before the 30 day mark, the Fairbanks hotel was in there about 21 or so days I believe?

Also, ours is not the Riverside hotel.

We are actually at Westmore ? Or something like that in Fairbanks.  We received an email detailing all of our hotels. Curious, are you starting land on June 6th.

Edited by chopper825

7 minutes ago, chopper825 said:

We are actually at Westmore ? Or something like that in Fairbanks.  We received an email detailing all of our hotels. Curious, are you starting land on June 6th.

We just received an email detailing all of our hotels but the Fairbanks nights simply say Fairbanks Accommodations and list a Seattle address.  So we still don't know where we are staying.  I suppose anywhere is fine (and the Westmark looks great) but in my head I guess I just feel that we paid for the ''Princess Lodges'' and that should be Riverside.  LOL!

On 6/2/2022 at 11:38 AM, chopper825 said:

Yup. We are at the Westmark as well. Never got an email other than the one that told us about the testing change. 

On 6/2/2022 at 11:54 AM, Tiggerontheseas said:

We just received an email detailing all of our hotels but the Fairbanks nights simply say Fairbanks Accommodations and list a Seattle address.  So we still don't know where we are staying.  I suppose anywhere is fine (and the Westmark looks great) but in my head I guess I just feel that we paid for the ''Princess Lodges'' and that should be Riverside.  LOL!

Got the same crazy email from Princess this morning. Fairbanks hotel with a Seattle, WA address. 🤣

Google maps shows a nice office building at that address. Zooming in on the entrance, I see "Holland America Line" over the door. So it's not a totally random address, but someone was definitely asleep when it was copy and pasted into our emails. 😂

5 hours ago, hapster85 said:

Got the same crazy email from Princess this morning. Fairbanks hotel with a Seattle, WA address. 🤣

Google maps shows a nice office building at that address. Zooming in on the entrance, I see "Holland America Line" over the door. So it's not a totally random address, but someone was definitely asleep when it was copy and pasted into our emails. 😂

Hee!  Hopefully, they will scrounge up a place for us to stay before the trip.  My roughing it days are far behind me. 🙂