Self-Assist Debarkation on Summit

bookitdanno

Wondering about the debarkation procedure on Summit when you leave early and carry your own luggage off.

Where does the line begin for this?

When do people start lining up for a 7 am ship arrival?

How long should I expect to take getting off the ship?

Thanks in advance.

29 minutes ago, bookitdanno said:

Wondering about the debarkation procedure on Summit when you leave early and carry your own luggage off.

Where does the line begin for this?

When do people start lining up for a 7 am ship arrival?

How long should I expect to take getting off the ship?

Thanks in advance.

It depends on the cruise, and whether you’re returning to the same port.  Our last cruise was Ft Lauderdale-San Diego and everyone had to visit an immigration/customs officer on board before they got off.  And how quickly that went depended on the priority you were given by Celebrity.  If I remember correctly, the first people got off a little more than an hour after the posted arrival time.

I have been on 3 cruises since restart. All were in Ft Lauderdale. We have been off by 745 am and that was with luggage being handled for us. People walking off line up around 7 on deck 5 on S class ships but we have not had clearance until 730am or so. The process is very quick now, no more waiting in line for customs. It is all done via facial recognition. As fast as you can walk you are off. Last time we were in our car by 750 in the parking garage and we were given tags that said 745. So you should be off without hassle. 

2 hours ago, 39august said:

Facial recognition is available at terminal 25 in Port Everglades. I don't believe at any other terminal there. Someone please correct me if I am wrong about that. 

Correct.

There real issue is Customs and Immigration.   Have had it go smoothly almost always with little or no waiting.  Had an issue with Customs being short staffed and it took 3 HOURS to clear the port.

You never know

I just got off the Summit in Miami on April 25. I did self-assisted disembarkation. We gathered in the Rendezvous Lounge Deck 4, Aft and people started queuing up prior to 7:30am disembarkation time.  They let us off a few minutes early. Once inside Terminal G we stood in front of an iPad like device which took a picture of your face and once the facial recognition identified you, you were free to walk off. It took less than 10 minutes from the time they let us off the ship until I was outside arranging a transfer to Miami International Airport. ($10 cash per person using a shared 14 passenger van, no reservations necessary)

• Like 1