Caution: Allure to Wonder Bookings

We just got back from our Mediterranean cruise on the Wonder of the Seas, which was wonderful for the most part.  My husband and I were moved from a two-bedroom grand suite on the Allure to a junior suite on the Wonder with full suite privileges (due to less suites on the Wonder).  Unfortunately, our Suite Lounge drinks in the evenings (which are supposed to be complimentary) were being applied against our Diamond Plus drinks erroneously.  Therefore, it caused some stress and accounting issues.  Nothing that wasn't unsurmountable, but I wanted to give others a "heads up" should you be in this same situation -- keep an eye on your drink charges!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dunedinmaiden said:

Nothing that wasn't unsurmountable, but I wanted to give others a "heads up" should you be in this same situation -- keep an eye on your drink charges!

That can happen on any ship. 

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That can happen on any ship. 

Our issue was specifically caused by their system reading junior suite rather than our "full suite privileges" guaranteed by their exchange from our two-bedroom suite.  I was trying to be helpful being several others could be affected in this same manner considering the smaller amount of suites on the Wonder of the Seas.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, dunedinmaiden said:

Our issue was specifically caused by their system reading junior suite rather than our "full suite privileges" guaranteed by their exchange from our two-bedroom suite. 

Once legally in the SL, they should not charge your card anyway during happy hour for SL drinks. Some have reported getting charged for drinks because they ordered something not covered by the SL happy hour drinks.

BTW, here's one of the threads about this issue from back when the transfers happened:

Edited by Biker19

8 hours ago, dunedinmaiden said:

We just got back from our Mediterranean cruise on the Wonder of the Seas, which was wonderful for the most part.  My husband and I were moved from a two-bedroom grand suite on the Allure to a junior suite on the Wonder with full suite privileges (due to less suites on the Wonder).  Unfortunately, our Suite Lounge drinks in the evenings (which are supposed to be complimentary) were being applied against our Diamond Plus drinks erroneously.  Therefore, it caused some stress and accounting issues.  Nothing that wasn't unsurmountable, but I wanted to give others a "heads up" should you be in this same situation -- keep an eye on your drink charges!

Thank you for posting most helpful 

• Thanks 1

I have to agree with the original poster, I was also in the same situation, downgraded from a 2 Bedroom Grand Suite to a JS, with full suite privileges. Every day I had drinks wrongly charged in the SL to my Diamond Drinks coupons, and then charged for drinks when out and about on the ship when I wanted to use the Diamond Drinks as was informed I didn't have any DD left!.  It was annoying to have to go to the Concierge to get the drinks removed from my account.

I also think Royal have made a big mess of the SL drinks, if you are in a suite and therefore in the Suite Neighbourhood, especially on Wonder, make it free drinks 1100-2300 including on the Suite Sun Deck for all drinks. As it stands you can have free "basic drinks, beer, wine, soft drinks" in SL 1100-2300, but during the Happy hour, 1700-2000 its any drink, but on the Suite Sun Deck chargeable at all times. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Once legally in the SL, they should not charge your card anyway during happy hour for SL drinks. Some have reported getting charged for drinks because they ordered something not covered by the SL happy hour drinks.

BTW, here's one of the threads about this issue from back when the transfers happened:

@Biker19I'm not sure why you continue to engage here.  I'm simply stating my first-hand experience regarding drink accounting inconsistencies due to this unusual situation.  The thread you attached does not pertain to the drink issue at hand.  As @energyukposted, they experienced the same problem.  We were not "ordering something not covered by the SL happy hour drinks". 

This is not unique to someone who was downsized into a JS. We have had the same problem on both Allure and Harmony when sailing in grand suites or CLS. They occasionally charged drinks off against our daily C&A allotment instead of posting the drinks to our suite.

That is one of the things that the Suite Concierge is really well versed (unfortunately) in fixing.

10 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Why are they even asking for Seapass cards in the SL ?

Maybe they are looking for Pins who are using the SL but aren't in suites ?  I think they are required to use their C&A coupons for those drinks.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Why are they even asking for Seapass cards in the SL ?

They ask for your cabin number, and each time I felt as though I had to explain that we had full suite privileges.  The concierge even gave us a Sky Class Suite Card.  However, after a while, they remember your cabin number and no longer ask.  It was a constant process of balancing suite drinks, Diamond Plus drinks and not being charged incorrectly.

1 minute ago, dunedinmaiden said:

They ask for your cabin number, and each time I felt as though I had to explain that we had full suite privileges.  The concierge even gave us a Sky Class Suite Card.  However, after a while, they remember your cabin number and no longer ask.  It was a constant process of balancing suite drinks, Diamond Plus drinks and not being charged incorrectly.

😑

• Like 1

16 hours ago, coops said:

Confused , why would you expect to get free drinks if you downgraded to a JS? 

As previously stated, "My husband and I were moved from a two-bedroom grand suite on the Allure to a junior suite on the Wonder with full suite privileges (due to less suites on the Wonder)."

• Like 2

On 6/2/2022 at 8:38 AM, dunedinmaiden said:

As previously stated, "My husband and I were moved from a two-bedroom grand suite on the Allure to a junior suite on the Wonder with full suite privileges (due to less suites on the Wonder)."

Did you still have to pay for the grand suite or just junior suite price.