This is what Covid Quarentine looks like

KatieBelle

1 hour ago, Brentwood Bay said:

Thanks Cruz Terri.  Good to have info from someone who has experienced the process.

You are welcome.  Just remember that things could change in a flash. So just because we experienced it one way, there is no guarantee it will continue as such.

All in all I have to give Oceania Nautica high marks for the care we received while in quarantine.

Terri

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

All in all I have to give Oceania Nautica high marks for the care we received while in quarantine.

Terri

I am very pleased that you were well treated! However, I am very concerned that not everyone has received the same treatment.

43 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

I am very pleased that you were well treated! However, I am very concerned that not everyone has received the same treatment.

Do you know that as a fact or just what you read on CC?

2 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

I know what you read here.  I am sorry others were not treated as well.  I am still of the mind that you are treated as you treat others.  And I base that on how I was attacked just for being in a PH and having a butler. I can only imagine how the staff were treated.  There was a reason why the concierge never met with them. I wouldn’t have met with them either.

I hate to be so critical, but she made it very clear that she gave the staff a hard time.

Also someone else was on the Sirena and had a completely different experience. 

Different ships may handle things differently.  

Treat people nicely and they reply in kind.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 10

15 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Do you know that as a fact or just what you read on CC?

I know Iowananny and her husband as I have cruised with them and have spent time with them over several days. They are both well behaved, nice people and do not mistreat others. Their experience is what they have related here. I believe her words, as I believe the words of others. Not everyone had a good experience, and for that I am sorry.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

I know Iowananny and her husband as I have cruised with them and have spent time with them over several days. They are both well behaved, nice people and do not mistreat others. Their experience is what they have related here. I believe her words, as I believe the words of others. Not everyone had a good experience, and for that I am sorry.

Yes   & the comment of the rich & not rich  was based on their treatment

I think not  but that is just my opinion

I was not there

We have been in C cabins & were not treated any differently  than friends in PH 

Some other friends always book insides  & were treated well when Noro struck them

YMMV

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Yes   & the comment of the rich & not rich  was based on their treatment

I think not  but that is just my opinion

I was not there

We have been in C cabins & were not treated any differently  than friends in PH 

Some other friends always book insides  & were treated well when Noro struck them

YMMV

There was still no reason for her to attack me because I was in a PH and she was not. That was in poor taste and there is no other way around it.

I posted here to offer some insight into how the quarantine works and did not expect to be attacked.  i have no more to say.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

You are welcome.  Just remember that things could change in a flash. So just because we experienced it one way, there is no guarantee it will continue as such.

Terri

Just an observation my mon once told me many a year ago... 

You can avoid criticism by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing....   

To whit, I add that human nature, being  what it is,   If you gave  everyone $100 each...   1/3 would love you, 1/3 would  be confused and 1/3 would hate you.    People are a strange commodity and fickle and you can not meet everyone's reality.  ( right or wrong its their reality not yours)

• Like 3

At the risk of wading in at an unwelcome point in the thread I'll share my observations from our April 6 sailing on Regatta.  Please note that we didn't develop covid on the ship (though many, many did) we didn't test positive until one and two days later after we drove home from the pier.

What I observed onboard was:  

Positive cases were isolated in their cabins (it may be that quarantine cabins were filled first, I have no way of knowing for certain).  Quarantine cabins were quite easy to spot since each received some sort of tray stand or table outside the room for food delivery.  Crew (medical) in "bunny suits" could be seen entering / exiting rooms very occasionally.  

As for level of service, I don't really know first hand, but here's what I observed on deck 8, in the penthouses:  The butler brought food by the tray with all of the usual set up including a table cloth, this was left outside the door.  A call was made to alert the passengers that their meal had been delivered the process was reversed for tray collection.  Our butler was reluctant to talk about covid, protocols or procedures but confined that his duties included providing door side service to passengers who had tested positive.  

Friends we met on board who had members of their parties isolated elsewhere described a similar system for passengers in other categories HOWEVER the reality is, you still have your butler, (s)he remains responsible for you in quarantine and it's easy to imagine that the standard of service is higher than elsewhere on the ship.  I'm not suggesting this is okay, acceptable or something to celebrate, only that the extra person assigned to provide services to this part of the ship surely equates to somewhat more responsive service.

More generally, Oceania and Regatta in particular did a completely lousy job managing the large outbreak on our sailing leading to a variety of complaints.  There was zero communication about the ongoing situation much of which you can read about in the "50 cases" thread.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

There was still no reason for her to attack me because I was in a PH and she was not. That was in poor taste and there is no other way around it.

I posted here to offer some insight into how the quarantine works and did not expect to be attacked.  i have no more to say.

Terri

I agree

it should not matter how you choose to spend your money

I was taught to treat people the you want to be treated 

I worked in retail for many years & some people  were just rude to the staff  if things did not go their way

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I agree

it should not matter how you choose to spend your money

I was taught to treat people the you want to be treated 

I worked in retail for many years & some people  were just rude to the staff  if things did not go their way

Some people hide behind their CC name and say things they would not say if they met you face to face.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Some people hide behind their CC name and say things they would not say if they met you face to face.

Yes, the curse of "social" media.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I want to thank everyone who has posted to this thread.  I am debating whether or not I should cancel a future Oceania cruise because of the current COVID situation everywhere.  I have quite a few friends who have contracted the current strain even though they are fully vaxed and boosted.  I wanted to know how Oceania would treat a “test positive” passenger.

1 hour ago, lcand1923 said:

I want to thank everyone who has posted to this thread.  I am debating whether or not I should cancel a future Oceania cruise because of the current COVID situation everywhere.  I have quite a few friends who have contracted the current strain even though they are fully vaxed and boosted.  I wanted to know how Oceania would treat a “test positive” passenger.

I think one thing you can take away from this thread is that no ship handled the virus in the same way.  While those of us on the Nautica were quite please with the way the Nautica handled the situation, there were others on other ships that were less than satisfied with their service.   

There were also different circumstances.  The Nautica had very few cases, while the Regatta had a large outbreak.  I cannot speak for the Marina, or the Riviera.  There was a report from someone on the Sirena, who did not give a glowing report.  There did not seem to have any report from the Insignia. So take the comments from whence they came.  

I hope some of them help.

Terri

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lcand1923 said:

You just need to go and not focus on what could go wrong. I have gone from not going if masks are required on planes or ships to not caring and unwilling to deny myself a vacation any longer.  They can do whatever they want. I will be there and have a good time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oskidunker said:

You just need to go and not focus on what could go wrong. I have gone from not going if masks are required on planes or ships to not caring and unwilling to deny myself a vacation any longer.  They can do whatever they want. I will be there and have a good time. 

You have the enemy of TIME...  putting off something is no guarantee of ever getting to do it again. You could stay home and get the crud... get hit by a  truck or a metorite.....   Hows your crystal ball

214664621_10225740237028363_7524234427941499716_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you again, Everyone.  You’ve given me a lot to think about.  I have about six weeks to make up my mind regarding this cruise.  I had two other scheduled on other lines prior to the Oceania one.  Those I’ve cancelled.  The Oceania one is the next one up.

I have heard back from friends sailing on other lines and from what I have heard, Oceania has treated its passengers better. Nothing is perfect,  if the world was perfect the world would be a boring place to live.  Imagine having nothing to complain about.  What would there be to talk about?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Icand1923, 

I have to go with MAJOR Ditto’s, Plus 1’s and any other CC agreement statements. Go and commit yourself to having a great cruise. STUFF HAPPENS and we can not control everything. It is time to get back to life and enjoy it, not live forever in the angst of worry and what might happen to me because it happened to someone else.  
The staff on the ships make a concerted effort to keeping you safe as well as themselves. I am NOT saying don’t take precautions but just use your own common sense.  
We have been on 5 Oceania cruises (58 days) since O returned to sailing and they have been GREAT. Reduced capacities have been OK in our book. We did encounter some inconsiderate people coughing and sneezing and touring with groups but did our best to stay away from them. No idea if it was a cold, cough, Covid, or anything else but we definitely kept a distance but it was amazing how many times she was standing next to us 🤬🙏

If you feel you can be comfortable on a cruise, put the concerns aside and not constantly worrying about any and every symptom, GO and enjoy. Since you have weeks to decide to make that Final Payment, try to stop worrying and make the decision before penalties hit.  We have a big FP coming in August for a January 2023 South America trip and at this time for us, it is all systems go.  Booking ship and private tours, plane tickets bought and other hotel reservations made.

Good Luck🤪👍🤙😇

Mauibabes 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Icand1923, 

I have to go with MAJOR Ditto’s, Plus 1’s and any other CC agreement statements. Go and commit yourself to having a great cruise. STUFF HAPPENS and we can not control everything. It is time to get back to life and enjoy it, not live forever in the angst of worry and what might happen to me because it happened to someone else.  
The staff on the ships make a concerted effort to keeping you safe as well as themselves. I am NOT saying don’t take precautions but just use your own common sense.  
We have been on 5 Oceania cruises (58 days) since O returned to sailing and they have been GREAT. Reduced capacities have been OK in our book. We did encounter some inconsiderate people coughing and sneezing and touring with groups but did our best to stay away from them. No idea if it was a cold, cough, Covid, or anything else but we definitely kept a distance but it was amazing how many times she was standing next to us 🤬🙏

If you feel you can be comfortable on a cruise, put the concerns aside and not constantly worrying about any and every symptom, GO and enjoy. Since you have weeks to decide to make that Final Payment, try to stop worrying and make the decision before penalties hit.  We have a big FP coming in August for a January 2023 South America trip and at this time for us, it is all systems go.  Booking ship and private tours, plane tickets bought and other hotel reservations made.

Good Luck🤪👍🤙😇

Mauibabes 

I agree totally with your comments.  Wasted too much time already with covid. 

• Like 1

Its funny how many people are afraid to be alone with themselves and their own thoughts.

Think of it as a time of self-reflection, meditation, personal growth and achieving inner peace.

Time - Its what you make of it.

• Like 3

On 6/1/2022 at 7:33 AM, Redtravel said:

testing is the norm now. If you want to cruise, accept testing.  The hassles of fulfilling the requirements of each port can be tough.  Even though I knew what was expected, actually fulfilling them in a timely manner can be a real hassle.  Will not plan anymore foreign travel or cruises. Staying in USA. 

Update…..went on Bermuda cruise.  After we got home, we tested. Spouse was positive.  No symptoms?  Did a second test  with a positive result. Symptoms started that night.  While it was nice to get away on a cruise, contacting Covid is not.  Had to rearrange lots of plans.