Cruise Schedule for Sydney Harbour from 31 May 2022 onwards now online

2 hours ago, gbenjo said:

So do you mean “this “ season 22-23 or “next”  season 23-24 ? 
Either way there can only be one ship at a time at the OPT and two at White Bay so hardly bursting at the seams. 🤔😁

There doesn’t look like there’s enough small ships that can fit under the bridge to get 2 ships at a time at white elephant. We went there a week ago and what a inconvenient place.

And I thought you may have remembered athol bouy , plus point piper is in use NEXT season not this season coming.

Edited by Chiliburn

52 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

There doesn’t look like there’s enough small ships that can fit under the bridge to get 2 ships at a time at white elephant. We went there a week ago and what a inconvenient place.

And I thought you may have remembered athol bouy , plus point piper is in use NEXT season not this season coming.

There are enough smaller ships to warrant the “ temporary  tent” at White Bay 4 throughout  the season when required  (NCL are bringing the Spirit here which fits under the bridge) so frees up another half dozen spots at the OPT . Yes White Bay is inconvenient but its all we have got until Botany Bay is built ( still a lot closer than say Civittavecchia is to Rome for eg) and  no one is forced to book a cruise from White Bay if they don’t  like it, but little to nothing can be done until then.
Athol buoy and point piper are just “ parking stations “ for port of call ships and are not viable for embark/ debark on a regular basis. They are both available EVERY year but only as a last resort. The cruise lines can read the ports schedule too and are not silly enough to deploy ships here without adequate berthing facilities.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, badgerbill said:

2025 Unnamed RCL ship …please tell me it’s an Oasis class…please 😎🥂

Their unnamed vessel for 23/24 is Enchantment of the Seas, and unless they change things up, it is also likely for the following seasons. I gather these bookings were added prior to Enchantment being announced.

3 hours ago, badgerbill said:

2025 Unnamed RCL ship …please tell me it’s an Oasis class…please 😎🥂

Unnamed oasis class ship is Wonder of the seas .

Theres going to be 6 oasis and 1 Icon class ship by mid 2024 .

The question is ,where are they going to home port all those huge ships in the northern winter.

1 in New York   (But probably to cold )

1 in Port Canaveral 

1 in Fort Lauderdale 
1 in Miami 

1 or 2 in Galveston 

1 in Sydney or Brisbane    ,I don’t think Brisbane because they can’t fill Quantum.They could interport .

And want local ports can oasis class sail to as they don’t tender.

Sydney ,Brisbane,noumea,Lelepa,Hobart,Tauranga,Picton  and possibly Vila .Theres also a proposal for Eden???.

Edited by Chiliburn

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Unnamed oasis class ship is Wonder of the seas .

Theres going to be 6 oasis and 1 Icon class ship by mid 2024 .

The question is ,where are they going to home port all those huge ships in the northern winter.

1 in New York   (But probably to cold )

1 in Port Canaveral 

1 in Fort Lauderdale 
1 in Miami 

1 or 2 in Galveston 

1 in Sydney or Brisbane    ,I don’t think Brisbane because they can’t fill Quantum.They could interport .

And want local ports can oasis class sail to as they don’t tender.

Sydney ,Brisbane,noumea,Lelepa,Hobart,Tauranga,Picton  and possibly Vila .Theres also a proposal for Eden???.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see an Oasis class ship here as much as anyone but looking at your suggested ports, which are in three different directions from Sydney and a good two to three days sailing  to each and a lot of the dates shown on the schedule are only 7 or 8 days apart, there is not a lot of time left for ports of call and someare not really attractive ports to be honest. Yes, when they build Lelepa they will obviously send ships there but it would be three days sailing from Sydney and a long way to go for just one port of call.You and  I might  like sea days but a lot of the other 5500 passengers may not. I am sure Royal will have this all planned out  but I just cannot see the practicality of an Oasis class ship here at the moment, but hope I am proven wrong. They would certainly be "interesting" to do the turns for.

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see an Oasis class ship here as much as anyone but looking at your suggested ports, which are in three different directions from Sydney and a good two to three days sailing  to each and a lot of the dates shown on the schedule are only 7 or 8 days apart, there is not a lot of time left for ports of call and someare not really attractive ports to be honest. Yes, when they build Lelepa they will obviously send ships there but it would be three days sailing from Sydney and a long way to go for just one port of call.You and  I might  like sea days but a lot of the other 5500 passengers may not. I am sure Royal will have this all planned out  but I just cannot see the practicality of an Oasis class ship here at the moment, but hope I am proven wrong. They would certainly be "interesting" to do the turns for.

Quantum class are doing 3 different routes or more.

Tasmania with a overnight in Hobart.

NZ top island but there would only be 2 ports unless they can use the container terminal in Auckland.

And the islands Noumea,Lelepa and maybe Vila.

Someone posted on this forum that NSW ports have put a submission into Eden council to expand the dock for oasis class. I think it’s insane but they have.

But the thing is ,in 2025 Royal Caribbean will have 6 oasis and 2 Icon class.

They are warm weather ship and they will have to do something with them during the northern hemisphere winter. 
The Caribbean market is already saturated and they will have to bring one to the Pacific . 
Icon is due in Miami in October 2023 and Utopia will be there in February 2024.  That 7 mega ships in Florida and Galveston during winter,not to mention the others.

I think Wonder will finish the European season in October 2023 and come to the pacific.
It will do a season in Singapore and come to Australia October 2024.

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Quantum class are doing 3 different routes or more.

Tasmania with a overnight in Hobart.

NZ top island but there would only be 2 ports unless they can use the container terminal in Auckland.

And the islands Noumea,Lelepa and maybe Vila.

Someone posted on this forum that NSW ports have put a submission into Eden council to expand the dock for oasis class. I think it’s insane but they have.

But the thing is ,in 2025 Royal Caribbean will have 6 oasis and 2 Icon class.

They are warm weather ship and they will have to do something with them during the northern hemisphere winter. 
The Caribbean market is already saturated and they will have to bring one to the Pacific . 
Icon is due in Miami in October 2023 and Utopia will be there in February 2024.  That 7 mega ships in Florida and Galveston during winter,not to mention the others.

I think Wonder will finish the European season in October 2023 and come to the pacific.
It will do a season in Singapore and come to Australia October 2024.

Cruise berth at Eden was lengthened a couple of years ago can now handle ships of:

length: 325 metres, 

Beam: 50 metres.

Draught: 9.5 metres.

So how much more room would RCI Oasis Class require? 

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Cruise berth at Eden was lengthened a couple of years ago can now handle ships of:

length: 325 metres, 

Beam: 50 metres.

Draught: 9.5 metres.

So how much more room would RCI Oasis Class require? 

Wonder of the Seas is 362 metres long and the draught is 9.3 m.

9 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Insane 6700  pax coming ashore at Eden. Small place, very limited transport infrastructure and facilities. Even the local club has shut . I am not sure all the locals would approve of thecproposal.

Edited by NSWP

46 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Insane 6700  pax coming ashore at Eden. Small place, very limited transport infrastructure and facilities. Even the local club has shut . I am not sure all the locals would approve of thecproposal.

Just think of the cougars walking down that hill from the pub with high heels on .???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Just think of the cougars walking down that hill from the pub with high heels on .???

Would be an attraction for the locals, lol. Not much entertainment in Eden.lol. Just imagine this chick from the Oasis class ship, shopping  in the Eden IGA or breasting the main bar at the Australia pub with local yokels drinking their VB.04b75f7999fa3eab0fb9c0a61e8ddfd7.thumb.jpg.95f3f7b1057be2c3a4c1607dc844c6f4.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I would like to see them walk up the hill!!!!!  Did it once and found the going tough.  Although coming down I sometimes felt like I was going to sit down in parts.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

I would like to see them walk up the hill!!!!!  Did it once and found the going tough.  Although coming down I sometimes felt like I was going to sit down in parts.

Yep a fair climb up that hill, recent roadworks, foopath and rail now from wharf to town, but wharf area is one big construction site, demolished most buildings.