BOGO 60% off the 2nd Guest (effective Jun 2-30)

mahdnc

9 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Here is the link to the flyer: link

Semi-annual?

image.png.590dcc44d8fbe11a90a3666c18a87f13.png

Looks interesting. Unfortunately, I noticed on your link it led with "chrome-extension//..." I think that's why my Edge browser couldn't launch it.

Hmmm… can't reach this page

Check if there is a typo in chrome-extension.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

We shall see if it ends up being a good deal or not.  The base cost for a concierge cabin on my cruise is up $ 278 pp from yesterday.  I look at every sale as I've paid in full and looking for a Best Price Guarantee refund in the form of onboard credit. 

• Like 2

Speaking from experience the net will come out pretty close to the same.   I have a couple booked at last years 50% of second guest.   They upped the price for the first guest and then dropped it for the second.    Later for price matches once it was the same for both guest it came it pretty close to the same.  

Just another shell game by Celebrity.   Sometimes you do find a good deal and even a good opportunity for price matching so do some mock bookings. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It was a copy and paste error on my part.  Sorry.  Here is a working link: 60% BOGO offer.

I did book a cruise early last month, so maybe tomorrow's sale will be of some benefit.

Edited by mahdnc

16 minutes ago, Coarsegold_Mom said:

My 8/1 cruise has already increased at least $800 p/p from yesterday's rate.  It looks like they are getting ready for tomorrow's promotion.

I am seeing something similar.  I have booked an FV for the Oct Constellation TA.

This morning the pricing was $3,150 pp for two passengers (4 cabins available)

I looked now and the pricing has jumped to $4,143 pp for two passengers (4 cabins available)!!

The price increases during the past few hours are even more severe for AQ and suites.

image.png.79ccc2785b0109b9f051ce143d9c622e.png

Edited by mahdnc

Out of curiosity I checked a PH that I have an eye on for a New England Cruise -

Yesterday -  price for 2  13,287 pp or 26,475 -

Today                                                     37,143.82

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Out of curiosity I checked a PH that I have an eye on for a New England Cruise -

Looks like just about 60% off the second guest would make the two reservations about the same 🙂  Only a difference of a few hundred dollars....

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Speaking from experience the net will come out pretty close to the same.   I have a couple booked at last years 50% of second guest.   They upped the price for the first guest and then dropped it for the second.    Later for price matches once it was the same for both guest it came it pretty close to the same.  

Just another shell game by Celebrity.   Sometimes you do find a good deal and even a good opportunity for price matching so do some mock bookings. 

Back in the old days (2019) RC had a bogof 60% sale in the UK. It was actually a very good deal with some nice savings. We booked 2. Not always a con.

33 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

ouch!

At least we can see in the T&C of this promo that Celebrity hasn't yet changed it's NRD policy and you still get the $100 pp penalty and the remainder in FCC if you cancel prior to final payment.   Evidently RCL has changed this policy and NRD now means NRD.

36 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

When will this madness end?  Never!  Okay, I'll book 10 cruises that are all NRD, so I can get FCC for all my deposits...makes perfect sense!

It will cost you $100 pp per change that you make so could be expensive for 10 cruises.   By the new policy I think you can either change to a different sailing or get a FCC less the $100 pp.   Currently (until the new deadline date) you could get a refund instead of a FCC.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It will cost you $100 pp per change that you make so could be expensive for 10 cruises.   By the new policy I think you can either change to a different sailing or get a FCC less the $100 pp.   Currently (until the new deadline date) you could get a refund instead of a FCC.

Jim, I was being a little sarcastic, as you know, but if the price difference between RFD and NRF rises, it will make a difference for me.  Also, whether to book a suite, or SV, as I have to have a balcony.  However, I do enjoy hearing about cruisers who cruise into their upper 80's and 90's.  I guess I need to see how this is going to "shake out' for the long term, but change is the name of the game.  I do have a couple of NRD cruises booked, but plan to take everything that is booked so far and that includes 2024.  I am an E-class girl, but that's today.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Jim, I was being a little sarcastic, as you know, but if the price difference between RFD and NRF rises, it will make a difference for me.  Also, whether to book a suite, or SV, as I have to have a balcony.  However, I do enjoy hearing about cruisers who cruise into their upper 80's and 90's.  I guess I need to see how this is going to "shake out' for the long term, but change is the name of the game.  I do have a couple of NRD cruises booked, but plan to take everything that is booked so far and that includes 2024.  I am an E-class girl, but that's today.

Definitely agree with you.    I have a couple booking as far out as 2024 and was considering changing from a Refundable Deposit to a NR today only to find out the prices had gone up by more than $6,000 so happy to stick with our Refundable and hope for a price drop near sail date.  

I've just considered the cost of the Refundable was so high that if you booked a cruise while onboard with as little as $200 deposit it's worth the risk of possibly saving $1,500.

I'm sure both you and I will be sailing into our 90's.    We can have wheelchair races.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I checked on my already booked 2024 Singapore to Sydney cruise to see if this sale would save me money. I looked at an equivalent aft concierge cabin which I have booked. At the box, it said that the cabin was $2,300. I thought, hey, I might save some money. When it asked me to pay, however, it showed the cost at $3,300; $1,000 more per person. This made the booking with the discount out to be even more than my current booking. I understand the bait and switch, but they should fix the price amount on the initial screen so that it doesn't hit you in the face at the end.

ha ha - i just came on here to ask the question about whether another flash sale was imminent as i priced up a Panama Canal in April 2023 yesterday - was just over £6,000 which i though was too expensive...checked this morning and its gone up to almost £9,000 !!!!! I'm guessing there's some sort of offer going to come on to bring it back down - annoying as hell !!

14 minutes ago, jojo1966 said:

I'm guessing there's some sort of offer going to come on to bring it back down - annoying as hell !!

I think this is one of those times where we see the price change in the UK, but don't get the offer...

We saw similar changes in our Australia cruise where the prices dropped when the Memorial Day weekend sale started in the US, and then went up when their 'BOGO 60% off' sale started.

It is irritating, but so very normal sadly. Not like we are actually missing much this time though.

10 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

I think this is one of those times where we see the price change in the UK, but don't get the offer...

We saw similar changes in our Australia cruise where the prices dropped when the Memorial Day weekend sale started in the US, and then went up when their 'BOGO 60% off' sale started.

It is irritating, but so very normal sadly. Not like we are actually missing much this time though.

Surely they cant charge that price for a 2 week cruise - never seen those prices before !! this is only for a lowest category verandah as well.....price is almost £4,000 less for the similar cruise on Princess so looks like i might be trying another princess cruise 😊

Amazing how they can play the shell game. I’m not surprised , but it is disheartening. I was contemplating a December cruise on Edge. Yesterday, I priced out an E1 with the then effective sale. 

For the Elevate option, for two people, it was a total of $5,429.20 with $800 OBC. With today’s “sale”, it is $6,390.20 with $400 OBC. A net increase of about $1400, or 29%. 

As expected the “cruise fare” was up considerably. Gotta get the money somewhere so you can pretend to give 60% back, I guess. And they call it “Our Biggest Offer of the Year”. Incredible.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jojo1966 said:

Surely they cant charge that price for a 2 week cruise - never seen those prices before !! this is only for a lowest category verandah as well.....price is almost £4,000 less for the similar cruise on Princess so looks like i might be trying another princess cruise 😊

Unfortunately it is down to the way they segment the market and offer different promotions on a regional basis, but change the prices globally at times.

Has anyone noticed that the "Always Included" has disappeared?  I was excited about a price drop until I got to the payment summary and the perks weren't listed.  Instead it said NOPERK RATE NRD.  I wonder how many people will be fooled by this.

• Like 5