Brisbane CBD to new Brisbane International Cruise Terminal ?

Where you stay depends how long you have in Brisbane prior to going to the Brisbane International Cruise Terminal. 

After spending time touring Italy, we originally planned to stay overnight at Madrid Airport prior to flying home to Australia.  Fortunately, we decided that would be a wasted day so spent the time in the Madrid CBD.  We had a fabulous time and walked all around downtown.  One of us even went to the Opera.  After that, I decided, unless time is short, don't waste time at an airport hotel.  Make it part of your holiday.  

15 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Where you stay depends how long you have in Brisbane prior to going to the Brisbane International Cruise Terminal. 

After spending time touring Italy, we originally planned to stay overnight at Madrid Airport prior to flying home to Australia.  Fortunately, we decided that would be a wasted day so spent the time in the Madrid CBD.  We had a fabulous time and walked all around downtown.  One of us even went to the Opera.  After that, I decided, unless time is short, don't waste time at an airport hotel.  Make it part of your holiday.  

Absolutely agree! However we are flying into Brisbane at 5.30pm. 

2 hours ago, Jandex said:

Hi. Thanks for all your replies - really helpful. 
I’ve actually stayed at the Ibis at Domestic Terminal and it is a pretty decent hotel. Would certainly save a taxi/Uber to any other hotel on the day we arrive in Brisbane. 
The cruise terminal is so close to the airport as the crow flies but such a round about way of getting there! I guess we can’t really expect to head across the tarmacs and runways to get there 🤔

A tunnel wound be awesome 😉

• 7 months later...

Hi, looking for some guidance . We dock at BICT on 21th Oct'23 and looking to go to Lone Pine Sanctuary but pick up the Mirimar Ferry at Cultural Centre Public Pontoon, Cultural Centre Boardwalk, South Brisban. If I'm correct we dock on the Northside. Does anyone have any suggestions how we get there or how old it will take. Not sure if a shuttle bus will be operational. Many thanks. 

There is no public transport available at the BICT. There should be taxis available to Uber is probably cheaper. 

Oh, and the first part of the ride won’t be particularly scenic. 

Having said all of that, Celebrity MAY organise shuttle buses into the city seeing as the Soltice is calling there for the day. 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, magslram said:

Hi, looking for some guidance . We dock at BICT on 21th Oct'23 and looking to go to Lone Pine Sanctuary but pick up the Mirimar Ferry at Cultural Centre Public Pontoon, Cultural Centre Boardwalk, South Brisban. If I'm correct we dock on the Northside. Does anyone have any suggestions how we get there or how old it will take. Not sure if a shuttle bus will be operational. Many thanks. 

In my opinion, the difficulty in going to Lone Pine on the Mirimar ferry is the time the trip on the river takes, leaving a limited amount of time at Lone Pine unless you just go on the ferry one way. You would have the additional problems of what to do with your luggage.

You would probably have to go to the city by taxi (allow around 45 minutes) at a cost of AUD$50+.

Alternatively, you could go all the way to Lone Pine by taxi. I suspect that the staff there would be prepared to store your luggage while you are at Lone Pine. If you want to do this, you could email them to ask. This option wouldn't be practical if you go by the Mirimar ferry mainly because there are steep stairs from the river pontoon up to the koala sanctuary. I would not like to carry luggage up these stairs.

15 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

In my opinion, the difficulty in going to Lone Pine on the Mirimar ferry is the time the trip on the river takes, leaving a limited amount of time at Lone Pine unless you just go on the ferry one way. You would have the additional problems of what to do with your luggage.

You would probably have to go to the city by taxi (allow around 45 minutes) at a cost of AUD$50+.

Alternatively, you could go all the way to Lone Pine by taxi. I suspect that the staff there would be prepared to store your luggage while you are at Lone Pine. If you want to do this, you could email them to ask. This option wouldn't be practical if you go by the Mirimar ferry mainly because there are steep stairs from the river pontoon up to the koala sanctuary. I would not like to carry luggage up these stairs.

Should be just a day visit for Solstice - no disembark or luggage.

28 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Should be just a day visit for Solstice - no disembark or luggage.

OK. Then the Mirimar boat could be OK. I suggest one way on the ferry and return by taxi. It might be a little bit more expensive, but it would give much more time at Lone Pine.

Edited by Aus Traveller

15 hours ago, magslram said:

There is a bus that goes to the BICT but it doesn't run very often. Best to get a taxi or share an Uber with some other people going. It takes about 40 minutes.

On b2b Q and the Ship hates BICT ... most staff only get several hours break and there is no chance for them to get supplies ie noodels etc . No free wifi . Its no just a few pac that hate it . We will stay onboard.