The Daily for Thursday 06/02/2022

richwmn

16 minutes ago, dfish said:

Tomorrow's Meal of the Day will be somewhat delayed as I have an early doctor's appointment.  Tom is taking me to breakfast after the appointment.  He is my chauffer while I'm on the pain meds. I'll post when I get home.  

We will just have to sip our wine & cocktails more slowly while we wait for our meal du jour.  Sleep well. 

• Like 10

@Quartzsite Cruiser @dfish  Thanks!  It's interesting wearing a mask indoors and avoiding other family members in my own house.  And having to put some things on hold, like our washing machine repair.  However, I can leave the house beginning tomorrow, my 5 days of isolation are up, so at least I can go out and get coffee from the drive thru, but we'll be avoiding direct interaction with people until my symptoms are completely gone.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hoping all of you have a great day!  Will be back later for discussion. ❤️

Hope you are having a great time!  And don't come home with Covid like I did.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.  

I slept well last night until 3:00 am.  Got up and took a pain pill and went back to bed until 6:00 am.  Almost 10 hours of sleep.  I'm a little sore this morning, but nothing I can't tolerate.  Ice will help it.  My plans are to lay low today.  Tim is coming over to clean out the gutters, but he doesn't need my help for that.  I just need to move the car out so he can get the ladder.  I think @summer slope's drink recipe would be great once I get off these pain pills.  I'll have to find sugar free lemonade, though.  

Thank you to all who commented last night and this morning.   I truly appreciate you well wishes and concerns.   Like I said before, you can't help but have a good outcome when you have the Daily family behind you!  

I love butternut squash and think today's meal would be a great side dish.  Maybe with a good meat steak?  Or a pork roast?   https://arteflame.com/blogs/news/butternut-squash-steaks-with-brown-butter-sage-sauce-one-the-grill

1819020482_butternutsquashsteak1.jpg.d9b809b7b0c3f3e93a7cba479602c9f2.jpg

The recipes that meets the title of today's meal all come from Epicurious and I have exhausted my free views. The clones were all the same recipe, so I branched out a bit.  Food and wine has a great recipe but the squash is in chunks rather than a slab.  That's ok by me.  https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/butternut-squash-with-brown-butter-and-sage404974961_butternutsquashsteak2.jpg.37e05695f051ae905c01387014eff9c8.jpg

Up last we have a similar recipe from Williams Sonoma.  https://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/roasted-butternut-squash-with-brown-butter-and-sage.html

782113378_butternutsquashsteak3.jpg.fb5d16c31540eb198a884d7406a00aff.jpg

Prayers for all who need them, especially Ukraine, the victims of continuing gun violence, and Daily family members who are struggling with challenges.   @Sharon in AZ, I am sorry to hear DH has tested positive.  My friend, the public health doc, says we'll all get it eventually.  Just be vaccinated and boosted to prevent serious illness.   Cheers to those who are celebrating.  Wishing you all a wonderful day.

I'm off to the couch.

Oh Debbie.  Since I've been sick I forgot all about your surgery, praying for your continued recovery!🙏🙏🙏

• Like 4

DH got a text from a friend that he was supposed to meet up with on Sunday.  The friend had gone to a family reunion in North Carolina, and came home with Covid.  I got a call from a friend of mine this morning, she left a message.  She was supposed to start working for the same company that i work for,  (we worked together for 15 years at the last job) but she had to call them and call it off, as she had gone to see her family in NJ, and came home with covid.  My BFF in Rhode Island said that two weeks ago, Providence was rated as high (RED) so masks were once again implemented in the schools, and the contagious rate dropped down to yellow (MEDIUM).   Seems that wearing masks, work, and DH and I are still wearing ours.

@StLouisCruisers That is the darn cutest puppy!

490156f014eb7ecd6b3b617efa7a9cd1.jpg

• Like 12

Good morning from 

683AA94A-DFA8-4B08-8E76-EE3460655D31.thumb.jpeg.675d16caf691620e77c46fcf66bd8f43.jpeg

If you look closely you can see the tender. 

63104993-D00C-4927-BCBC-1C1C83924BD3.thumb.jpeg.198b683fb2773379804293b0e7b432ec.jpeg

I am getting ready to go ashore for lunch. Craig is being taken care of really well. I will check back in later when today’s Daily starts. 

Maxine @AncientWanderer — I totally forgot about the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee until about 9:30 last night. I turned on BBC and saw a few highlights. 

• Like 9