Viator Canceled Transfer (Rome Airport to Port) - Looking for last minute recommendations.

Trent0341

Hi,

I had a car scheduled to pick us up through Viator and with no explanation they just canceled the day before we fly (side note: beware this may happen to you should you use Viator).

Any recommendations on a car service to pick us up at FCO (Rome Airport) and take us to the port?  I am looking for a private car for my family preferably, especially one that might be flexible to take us to somewhere local for coffee / breakfast prior to heading to the port.

Any help would be appreciated!

I recommend Rome Cabs.  We have satisfactorily used them before and others seem to have good experiences as well.

You will need to talk to them about your stopping off plans.  They offer a direct transfer from FCO to the pier and one that squeezes in a tour of Rome.  You want something in between.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

Rome in Limo is also highly recommended by others on Cruise Critic.  I have not used them.

It's already in the afternoon in Italy and you don't have much time.  I would suggest that you call whomever you choose to get a quote.  If you submit a request for quote thru the vendor's website, you will likely get an answer at 2-5 am tomorrow your time if you live in the USA.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Romeinlimo has a standard charge for Civi to Rome and other destinations.  You can find the cost on their website. 

We have been to Rome 5 times and have used them numerous times for transportation and site seeing including shore excursions.  We've never had a bad experience with them.

• Like 1

If you can't find a car service at the last minute you can get a taxi from the airport for the fixed fare of 125 euro.  I would look at this as my fall back option, in case you can't book a car service at the last minute.

Tariffario_Taxi_REV.pdf (comune.roma.it)  Page two is in English.

Edited by euro cruiser

Many of the folks my upcoming TA cruise have used Bob’s Limo! I have booked transfers from airport to Rome hotel & from hotel to pier! Reasonable price for two!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AJ Travel said:

I also recommend RomeCabs who I booked via Trip Advisor to get us from the port to Rome a couple weeks ago.

I just used Stefano's Rome Cabs this week. Excellent service.

Another vote for Stefano's Rome Cabs.  https://www.romecabs.com/

Excellent service.  

I don't know about stopping off for coffee, it might be prudent to have had some breakfast in the airport (or Hilton hotel attached to the airport) before heading to the port.  You don't want to arrive to the port too early as there are no eateries close to the boarding terminals.

11 hours ago, AJ Travel said:

I also recommend RomeCabs who I booked via Trip Advisor to get us from the port to Rome a couple weeks ago.

Don't book through another agency. Book directly with Rome Cabs.

romecabs.com 

• Like 2

Did you booked a private transfer through Viator?  We currently have a reservation from hotel to port with this company.  I wonder if we should cancel that and book with another company.  Our cruise isn't till July 10th.  Did they say the reason why they cancelled?

Thanks