Miami-Port Question. and Rain?

We are sailing on the Symphony Saturday, forecast looks like rain.  

Can anyone tell me if we will be standing in the rain waiting to get into the building for check in etc or if there are overhangs/covers etc?

We do plan on being there pretty close to our 11:30 check in time but just wondering, so we can pack accordingly.

I have a similar question. We set sail on Monday. Hopefully no rain. We plan to be there for our check-in. However, if there is a line, is there a place to sit?  I have knee problems, and I can’t stand for more than about 5-10 minutes. I don’t want to rent a wheelchair or scooter. 

Really not much cover there.  Depending on crowd may be long or short wait.  In April they set up three lines for different times but started letting people in around 10 AM before they even had a chance to use those lines.

There are a few benches by the building (and a couple of bathrooms).  But don't count on getting a seat there.  Consider a cane that has a built-in seat.  You could even bring your own camp chair but they can be hard to get out of.  Not sure I have EVER gotten through a cruise line in less than 1/2 hour or so.

• Like 1

The last few times we have been out of Miami - since Sept - they have left you walk right in and check in and then go upstairs to wait.  If it is raining, I cannot imagine they are going to make you stand outside in the wind and rain.

Rain gear is a good idea. Our weather here in southern Florida Friday pm thru Saturday is almost certainly going to be very wet and fairly strong SE winds. Umbrella may not be practical.

It depends if you are at Terminal A or G. When we passed by Terminal A last week, where Symphony was boarding, there was a long line outside waiting to get into the terminal. There was a slight overhang that gave some cover for the sun, but won't do much for slanting rain. Carry a couple changes of clothes in your carryon - one for as soon as you get on to change into and one for the next day. If you have cloth luggage your bags may get soaked. As of today, they could be expecting 8-9" of rain in Miami on Sunday. Keep watching the weather forecasts.

From living in Fl, I've learned to dress lightly for when it rains - shorts, t-shirts. They're easy to get out of when drenched and legs and arms dry quicker.