Anyone boarded with a certificate of recovery rather than testing? What is required?

Eli_6

14 hours ago, TomCruise48 said:

Here is the link: https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_040122

The explanation for Document of Recovery is a little more than halfway down.

Carnival defines a "Document of Recovery" as a certified positive test result taken at least 10 days but no more than 90 days before boarding.  You also need to not be experiencing symptoms at boarding time.

We are boarding next week, and just to be safe, we also obtained a letter of recovery from our doctor for DH who recovered over 2 weeks ago.  Technically this is not required, but others have claimed that uninformed shoreside agents have asked for this.

Just now, Buffettfan 225 said:

Rom is there a way to post your dr.s letter as an example?

Of course blocking out personal/ physician info. I would like to see sample LOR that people have used. All just in case- if a Carnival employee doesnt understand. Iam planning my husband doing another test pre-cruise like rest of us- makes it easier, no questions need to be explained.. It is day 12 and tested neg. at home test. 

10 hours ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

Written on physician practice's letterhead and signed and dated by physician:

"To whom it may concern - PATIENT NAME tested positive for Covid-19 on MM/DD/YYYY.  PATIENT NAME has since recovered and is clear to travel.  If you have further questions regarding this patient's health status, please contact us at (xxx)-xxx-xxxx."

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

I'm not Rom, but here is our experience:  Our doctor stated the date of our first symptoms, date of positive test, and date we were deemed clear to travel.   Additionally, per the CDC, the document of recovery must include your name and date of birth.  The name should match your Passport or whatever travel document you are using.  It must be on the letterhead of the healthcare provider or public health facility and include the address and telephone number.   And it must be signed by the healthcare provider.    

Pretty short and sweet really.  

Edited by ldubs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2022 at 10:35 AM, Mike Dante said:

Heading out in the morning with 2 negative tests in hand--woohoo. this makes things easier. - I will ask at embarkation just the same as planned since I was prepared to use my 2 positive tests from 11 days ago and get an answer from them to share with the board here. I do believe it is very subjective as to who the agent is and how knowledgeable they may be about all this. 

Thank you -  inquiring cruisers minds would like to know about your experience and answer you receive. (all subject I know to employees interpretation.)

Would also like to know if when checking in if they just look at covid test results, scan a QR code as we will have senior family doing tests potentially different than ours being out of state and do not even know what QR codes are 😉. Thanks. 

Edited by Buffettfan 225
typo

I just got back from a cruise after recovering. There is no need for a doctor's note. That was post several months ago but has been dropped now. We emailed this to our PVP a few weeks prior.  All you need is  a paper or electronic copy of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days prior to the sailing date).