Celebrity out of NY

ranchette

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

In 2019 we did a B2B New England cruise and loved all the stops.   Probably my favorite was Newport which unfortunately we will be missing on this itinerary.

Newport seems to be getting short shrift on a lot of cruises this year.  And it is too bad, because it is a great town to visit. We were down in Newport in early May and excited to see Summit since she was scheduled to be in Port while we were there.  (We will be sailing her for the first time on the repositioning  cruise out of Boston in October. ) 

But, because of the issues with testing regarding  Bermuda they had to rearrange the schedule and tacked it on at the end.  Same thing has been happening with stops in Charleston. All the cruises going to Bermuda are rearranging stops to put Bermuda first. 

On 6/5/2022 at 5:38 PM, Jim_Iain said:

We are doing the Summit RT out of Bayonne to Iceland and Greenland  but  it returns to Boston followed by The New England/ Canada  that Starts and Ends in Boston.   Wonder why we didn't return to Port Liberty

Hope you’re doing a Live thread for the Greenland cruise as we’re considering doing that one next year. 

Edited by villauk

5 hours ago, capecodmercury said:

Newport seems to be getting short shrift on a lot of cruises this year.  And it is too bad, because it is a great town to visit. We were down in Newport in early May and excited to see Summit since she was scheduled to be in Port while we were there.  (We will be sailing her for the first time on the repositioning  cruise out of Boston in October. ) 

But, because of the issues with testing regarding  Bermuda they had to rearrange the schedule and tacked it on at the end.  Same thing has been happening with stops in Charleston. All the cruises going to Bermuda are rearranging stops to put Bermuda first. 

That's because of the timing and the travel authorization for Bermuda. Has nothing to do with Charleston

45 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

That's because of the timing and the travel authorization for Bermuda. Has nothing to do with Charleston

Absolutely.   They need to get to Bermuda first so your pre boarding test result will also qualify for Bermuda 's travel authorization.   Problem was, at least with the first few cruises out of Bayonne this year, they didn't change the itinerary until right before the cruise.  As a result, anyone who booked private excursions had to scramble and the companies that contracted with Celebrity also had to do some last minute scrambling to adjust their schedules.   I also understand it has resulted in some issues with docking in Bermuda  with Summit being forced to tender in on some occasions. I fully understand the cause and necessity,  but it does create a pile of headaches at all the ports.  

21 hours ago, villauk said:

Hope you’re doing a Live thread for the Greenland cruise as we’re considering doing that one next year. 

Sure will.  Should be a lot of fun.  We have never been to neither Greenland or Iceland.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sure will.  Should be a lot of fun.  We have never been to neither Greenland or Iceland.

Super 👍. We’re been to Iceland previously on Infinity which was brilliant, but Newfoundland and Greenland are both new to us.

6 hours ago, villauk said:

Super 👍. We’re been to Iceland previously on Infinity which was brilliant, but Newfoundland and Greenland are both new to us.

I was in Newfoundland when I was a child so I'm sure my memories will really be different.  

• Like 1