priority at galveston terminal

DAVLIB007

Have they brought back priority out of Galveston for platinum and Diamond. I didn't notice a separate line outside of terminal 3 weeks ago noticed one  once you've  cleared screening. anyone been through the last couple of weeks .

46 minutes ago, DAVLIB007 said:

Have they brought back priority out of Galveston for platinum and Diamond. I didn't notice a separate line outside of terminal 3 weeks ago noticed one  once you've  cleared screening. anyone been through the last couple of weeks .

No

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

There is currently no priority boarding for Platinum and Diamond.

They say that but it’s kind of nonsense right? I’ve been in one of the first boarding groups on every cruise since the restart. Platinum and Diamond get to pick the earlier arrival times and they get earlier boarding zones

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DAVLIB007 said:

In December On Vista there were two lines. Early arrival and on-time arrival. The on-time line split off into four different entrances with different lines sizes.  regular,  platinum, diamond, and special assistance.

Guest BasicSailor
2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

They say that but it’s kind of nonsense right? I’ve been in one of the first boarding groups on every cruise since the restart. Platinum and Diamond get to pick the earlier arrival times and they get earlier boarding zones

Which is the New loyalty program implemented by Carnival

This is what the situation was in December for vista. I am taking this from the platinum line. The red roped off line on the left which is much smaller, is the diamond line. The other side of the wall straight ahead is another side just like this one but it’s all one line. That’s the regular on-time line. Then on the other side of that was another room where they sent early arrivals. I can’t say if it’s changed since then.

F1432A21-4551-4F6E-B4AA-4F709A524D3D.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

This is what the situation was in December for vista. I am taking this from the platinum line. The red roped off line on the left which is much smaller, is the diamond line. The other side of the wall straight ahead is another side just lie this one but it’s all one line. That’s the regular on-time line. Then on the other side of that was another room where they sent early arrivals. I can’t say if it’s changed since then.

F1432A21-4551-4F6E-B4AA-4F709A524D3D.jpeg

That looks to be another cluster duck boarding policy.

3 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

That looks to be another cluster duck boarding policy.

Only if you’re an early arrival and don’t get to jump the line like you do at other ports. It worked fine for me. If they had a problem it was not enough of their security machines up and running that day. 

Edited by Saint Greg

Guest BasicSailor
5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Only if you’re an early arrival and don’t get to jump the line like you do at other ports. It worked fine for me. If they had a problem it was not enough of their security machines up and running that day. 

Understood, you were in the red roped offed line ? Where were the other lines, confusing photo for sure.

9 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Understood, you were in the red roped offed line ? Where were the other lines, confusing photo for sure.

Sorry. They move you so fast in the port you don’t have time to say “hold on I need to get a picture of that.” I did explain it better than that though 

I am taking this from the platinum line. The red roped off line on the left which is much smaller, is thediamond line.”

The red rope line only went along that wall. Straight to the check in agents. That was diamond and special assistance. The black roped line is everything else in that room which is platinum. The other side of that wall straight ahead. Is just like the room I’m in except that line is all one line. It’s all on time blue-gold cards.

Then there was another room that was more of a waiting room. it wasn’t even a line yet. That’s where they sent all of the non-platinum/diamond early arrivals.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

I boarded twice early on in covid restart and dont remember a platinum and diamond line. Was A01 both times. The earliest time. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

You'd think that is the case.  When we sailed in Galveston it was anarchy as far as boarding times.  Hundreds of extra people showing up at 10:30 and nobody turning them back.  Long, long lines.  

Until they start enforcing the "perk" is useless.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cmukid87 said:

You'd think that is the case.  When we sailed in Galveston it was anarchy as far as boarding times.  Hundreds of extra people showing up at 10:30 and nobody turning them back.  Long, long lines.  

Having boarded in Orlando, Long Beach, Galveston, New Orleans, and Seattle in the past 9 months, Galveston is the only one that attempted to enforce arrival times. All of of the ports enforced boarding zones. I had one of the earlier boarding zones for all of them which I believe is due to my platinum status. These are my boarding times.

Seattle: 11:08

Orlando: 11:19

Galveston: 11:24

New Orleans: 11:37

Long Beach: 11:48

Long Beach’s earliest arrival time was noon. But they opened the doors at 10:30, I got through security fast then sat for an hour.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, cmukid87 said:

I sailed Galveston in March and was in the last arrival time group.  I arrived on time and there were still long, long lines.  

On the Vista in April and yes, I can confirm that outside it starts with one line then splits to Early and On time and then when you get inside there is a separate "check in/document section" for Suites/Diamond Platinum.  We were in a suite and after getting through the outside line and verifly lines (about 10 minutes) we went right to check in for suites and right on the boat.