Hello there! Celebrity Apex - Sunset Verandah?

lemon bar

hello all!

We are cruising on the Celebrity Apex in the Caribbean. We are choosing a sunset verandah - all decks available, any opinions on deck 9? Are the balconies pretty spacious?

(we have previously cruised on Royal Caribbean, that's it)

Thanks for allowing me to join this community!

Edited by lemon bar
  • Like 1

We sailed last month on 9th floor SV on the Edge and it was fabulous. The balconies are very spacious, with enough room for a lounge to be laid out facing aft. 9th floor was perfect, no noise above or below.

• Like 3

Just now, Andrewgary said:

We sailed last month on 9th floor SV on the Edge and it was fabulous. The balconies are very spacious, with enough room for a lounge to be laid out facing aft. 9th floor was perfect, no noise above or below.

Fantastic, thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

We sailed on the SV on the Edge (Apex sister ship) in March 2020 and will again in March 2023 to Panama Canal.

we absolutely love it in terms of view and balcony space .   Both times will be on 11th floor

Hint - ask your room steward for a lounger on the first day or you’ll only have 2 chairs (lots of room)

A23623A2-A9F1-4B8F-BE76-767474B2D010.jpeg

72F85DCF-C209-4293-BE52-2684C62823F9.jpeg

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth
  • Like 3

We were on Beyond earlier this month on an 8 deck SV. It was heavenly. There was already a lounger sitting on the balcony waiting for me when we arrived. It was very much appreciated when we ended up quarantining with Covid 😉 

We sailed last year on the 7th floor Sunset Veranda above the Eden Bar and restaurant. We were one of the middle cabins(I don't remember the number). The 2 middle cabin balconies are larger than the ones beside them and I assume that is the same for the upper decks. It was a great cabin. My only complaint was the lounge music around 9:30 until 10:30 when the drums or base were loud. My wife and I would take the cabin again on any future cruise.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

A Sunset Veranda is the only cabin I would book on the Edge Class. Don´t care for the Infinity Staterooms with a window that can be opend- or not. They are in no way balcony cabins.

I have twice sailed on Edge…both times in a SV…deck 9 and then deck 10.  I have a SV on deck 9 booked on Apex for next year.  I agree with Germancruiser.  SV is the only way to go.  Amazing views of the wake; a true balcony and the extra steps to the aft of the ship are welcome.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, tinaincc said:

We are booked in 7311 on Apex next June for 12 days (AMS/ICELAND/IRELAND/UK) I really hope the weather cooperates and we get some time on the balcony.

Hopefully June next year will be kind to you.  It’s been a washout of a month here in Ireland this year, with unseasonably windy and wet weather.

• Like 1

I also found it very hot and not breezy at all..one and done for me.  12th deck SV on Apex. This was in the Caribbean. It might be better on a cooler weather cruise.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

2 hours ago, jwlane said:

You can't, but your stateroom attendant can.

I should have been more specific .... I know the stateroom attendant has to do it.

Are the SV on Edge class able to be opened between all cabins on all decks?  If anyone knows... Thanks.

3 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I also found it very hot and not breezy at all..one and done for me.  12th deck SV on Apex. This was in the Caribbean. It might be better on a cooler weather cruise.  

I agree with this. We were on Apex at the end of March and don’t think that we would do it again. It was hot and to be honest we just didn’t use it very much because there are so many other great spaces on this ship.

Our balcony had two loungers and two chairs when we boarded, not necessary to ask the steward for anything else.

To answer the question if you can open up all the balconies across, no you can’t.

2 hours ago, jwlane said:

You can't, but your stateroom attendant can.

I don’t think this is correct. We could open the one next to us but not all the way across.

Edited by Swampbabe

52 minutes ago, Swampbabe said:

I don’t think this is correct. We could open the one next to us but not all the way across.

Thanks.  That’s what I sort of feared ….  Oh well I’m sure we’ll manage.  It’s been for on S class to have one huge balcony to visit back and forth.  Problems problems.  😛

On 6/29/2022 at 7:08 PM, koolforkatz said:

We were on Beyond earlier this month on an 8 deck SV. It was heavenly. There was already a lounger sitting on the balcony waiting for me when we arrived. It was very much appreciated when we ended up quarantining with Covid 😉 

Wow! I bet you are grateful that you were able to stay in your cabin vs being moved to deck 6!  I have heard horror stories.  Hope your C19 experience wasn't too terrible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinaincc said:

Wow! I bet you are grateful that you were able to stay in your cabin vs being moved to deck 6!  I have heard horror stories.  Hope your C19 experience wasn't too terrible. 

Yes, it was definitely nice to have that cabin! However, we couldn't get off in Rome so had to move at that point to an infinite balcony. So I got the chance to experience both an SV and an infinite on the Beyond.

It sucked being quarantined but they couldn't have done more for us. We were very well looked after 🙂 

Here's another vote for only doing an SV on the Edge class (unless you can afford a suite).  We don't care for the IV's either.  I think SV's on decks 9 and 10 are optimal.  You are sandwiched with several decks above and below you, making your cabin far enough away from hearing noise from Eden (as mentioned above) and the outdoor seating of the Oceanview Cafe.

I looked at our Edge photos from 2019 and it appears that the only SV cabin balconies that can be opened are the two on either side of the ship (next to the Sky Suites) and the two in the middle.  It looks like there is a solid portion of the wall between every two SV cabins (hope that makes sense)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cruisegal2013 said:

We just got off the Apex on Sunday. Our sunset balcony cabin on deck 9 was great. We were able to have the cabin steward open the divider between 9311 and 9312. 

ADA077C7-6AC5-4B8A-96C5-D3B79A8BAE63.jpeg

Did you request the two lounge chairs or were they already there when you boarded? We are booked in 7311 and want to be prepared.