Port Liberty confusion on Surge Protector vs 3-prong extender

My embarkation would have been smoother if the Security at Port Liberty NJ knew the difference between a surge protector and a 3-prong extender.

They confiscated this:

Three Way Grounded Adapter

Yet, they allowed this which was in my other bag:

GE Pro Mini 3-Outlet Power Strip with Surge Protection, 1 Feet Designer Braided Extension Cord, Grounded, Flat Plug, Warranty, UL Listed, White/Gray, 45190

Go figure!

I got it back at the end of the cruise.  I saw it was keeping company with about two dozen surge protectors on their "naughty items" table.

Edited by BillHoo

They took a smallish 6 or 9 ft regular extension cord from me in miami. I used it so my ligjted electric clock could sit on the desk and could be turned to the bed to see the time at night. Removed it from the clock lol.

Just never know.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BillHoo said:

My embarkation would have been smoother if the Security at Port Liberty NJ knew the difference between a surge protector and a 3-prong extender.

Did you tell your taxi/uber driver to take you to Port Liberty???

Cape Liberty is the name of the cruiseport in Bayonne. There is no Port Liberty though using it only serves to confuse as Port Liberte in Jersey City does exist.

Smoother if cruisers knew the difference.

9 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Did you tell your taxi/uber driver to take you to Port Liberty???

Cape Liberty is the name of the cruiseport in Bayonne. There is no Port Liberty though using it only serves to confuse as Port Liberte in Jersey City does exist.

Smoother if cruisers knew the difference.

My Floridian in-laws couldn’t understand why their cab driver didn’t know where “BAY-on-eeeee” was. I just sat there and laughed and laughed. The people who grew saying things like “Okeechobee” and “Kissimmee” correctly couldn’t say Bayonne. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, BillHoo said:

They confiscated this:

Three Way Grounded Adapter

Yet, they allowed this which was in my other bag:

GE Pro Mini 3-Outlet Power Strip with Surge Protection, 1 Feet Designer Braided Extension Cord, Grounded, Flat Plug, Warranty, UL Listed, White/Gray, 45190

Go figure!

I got it back at the end of the cruise.  I saw it was keeping company with about two dozen surge protectors on their "naughty items" table.

It's obvious that the confiscated one is a "Real" extender and the allowed one is an "Enhanced" extender.  😜

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

They took a smallish 6 or 9 ft regular extension cord from me in miami. I used it so my ligjted electric clock could sit on the desk and could be turned to the bed to see the time at night. Removed it from the clock lol.

Just never know.

As they should, because an extension cord is a prohibited item on RCCL. As far as they are concerned, per policy, it falls in the same list as guns, knives, and explosives as items you can not bring onto the ship. 

• Like 1