Back to Back Cruising

1 minute ago, Dewaldcruiser said:

Do you need to communicate to Royal that your are on a B2B or does their computer systems pick it up automatically?

It should pick it up but it's a good idea to confirm on board sometime during the first sailing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BND said:

We've done 3 b2b and never had to tell anyone anything.  They knew.

More often than not, your room steward will say something. He might ask if you’re in the same cabin or moving. If I’m staying in the same cabin, then I make sure to tell him that he need not worry about cleaning my cabin on change-over morning. I can make the bed, LOL.  He’ll be busy enough with the ‘new people’ cabins.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

More often than not, your room steward will say something. He might ask if you’re in the same cabin or moving. If I’m staying in the same cabin, then I make sure to tell him that he need not worry about cleaning my cabin on change-over morning. I can make the bed, LOL.  He’ll be busy enough with the ‘new people’ cabins.  

Our stewards have always known and what they tend to do is change our sheets the day before so all they have to do in our cabin is make the bed and and change out towels  on turnaround day.   We only do b2b if we can get the same cabin. 

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

B2B in April required a covid test last morning, so we had to let Guest Services and covid reservation know.  Right after that folks here started reporting that no covid test needed for 2nd cruise.  You will need to know the meeting location for B2B folks (assuming cruise is in US) for the walk-off/walk-on.  Steward is generally informed day before turnaround so he/she can give you the form.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BND said:

Our stewards have always known and what they tend to do is change our sheets the day before so all they have to do in our cabin is make the bed and and change out towels  on turnaround day.   We only do b2b if we can get the same cabin. 

The stewards may not always know or remember. I like to ensure that they do know and know that they need not bother with my cabin in consideration of their workload that morning. I can get clean towels that evening. 
Not  everyone can get the same cabin for a B2B…it’s certainly more convenient and it’s my preference, but I’ve had to change cabins…and lived, LOL 

4 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

The stewards may not always know or remember. I like to ensure that they do know and know that they need not bother with my cabin in consideration of their workload that morning. I can get clean towels that evening. 
Not  everyone can get the same cabin for a B2B…it’s certainly more convenient and it’s my preference, but I’ve had to change cabins…and lived, LOL 

Our stewards all have approached us about our b2b and their preference to do the major clean the day before.

And, we book well in advance so we can get the same cabin.  We don't want to change cabins, so you do you.  I do love how some people think using "LOL" makes something less snarky.

Edited by BND

2 minutes ago, LeeW said:

You will need to know the meeting location for B2B folks (assuming cruise is in US) for the walk-off/walk-on.  Steward is generally informed day before turnaround so he/she can give you the form.

Why ‘assuming cruise is in US’?   Do B2Bers not do the walk off/walk on if in a different country?

2 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Do B2Bers not do the walk off/walk on if in a different country?

My understanding is that it's country-specific, depending on customs and immigration laws. US laws require a "clear" ship, but some other countries may not. 

We have 7 B2B's and two B3B's currently booked, and the results differ based on when and where we booked them initially. Once you are on board, your steward should know, but we always make sure - especially if we are changing staterooms between cruises. Unfortunately (at least post restart) unless you book a B2B while on board, RCL's systems will not have a clue - they see the two cruises as completely separate events. If you book while on board, the Next Cruise desk will link the two reservations. If you book through a TA, they will link the two cruises.

5 minutes ago, BND said:

Our stewards all have approached us about our b2b and their preference to do the major clean the day before.

And, we book well in advance so we can get the same cabin.  We don't want to change cabins, so you do you.  I do love how some people think using "LOL" makes something less snarky.

Glad you love it, LOL…it’s all in the interpretation. 😊. If you don’t want to change cabins then you don’t, it doesn’t bother me if I have to…although my preference is not to….but it won’t preclude me from doing a B2B….and I book well in advance as well.  How you saw ‘snark’ in my comment is beyond me….but people can change cabins if they have to. You prefer not to…so be it.  Should I interpret your desires as being snobbish…?   No, it’s your preference…since the OP is asking about doing B2B for the first time…they’ll see that they don’t ‘need’ the same cabin, if they can’t get it.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mspink98 said:

My understanding is that it's country-specific, depending on customs and immigration laws. US laws require a "clear" ship, but some other countries may not. 

Okay, I didn’t know that. I’ve done several B2Bs and sometimes we walk off and sometimes we meet in a lounge. I didn’t put it together that the ones outside the US may have been the lounge meetings. I will pay better attention next time as I have a few booked already.  And I do prefer the lounge meetings 😁.  Thank you for that information.

19 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We have 7 B2B's and two B3B's currently booked, and the results differ based on when and where we booked them initially. Once you are on board, your steward should know, but we always make sure - especially if we are changing staterooms between cruises. Unfortunately (at least post restart) unless you book a B2B while on board, RCL's systems will not have a clue - they see the two cruises as completely separate events. If you book while on board, the Next Cruise desk will link the two reservations. If you book through a TA, they will link the two cruises.

I’ll have to test out your theory…I have a B3B booked, I booked it on-line….I’ll wait to see if the steward mentions it first.  I’m in the same cabin for all three so it’s not an issue of moving, but the in-between meeting. 😊

2 hours ago, mspink98 said:

it more depends on the local CBP at the port,  I have never left the ship in San Juan (USA) on my b2b's there, but have in Galveston, Ft Lauderdale.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cruisegus said:

it more depends on the local CBP at the port,  I have never left the ship in San Juan (USA) on my b2b's there, but have in Galveston, Ft Lauderdale.

Leave it to the government to be consistently inconsistent.