Close but no cigar...

Flatbush Flyer

55 minutes ago, nursinadream said:

The real one (or the one that set your standard) is the first.  I remember your post - mainly I noticed the plate was beautiful.

One plate is from Polo  the other from Toscana

• Like 3

Some folks may want to look a bit closer.

The top pic truly is the “real thing” (pre-Covid). We’ve seen the bottom one on Riviera this past January and now on Insignia. It is my understanding that there has been a necessary fleet-wide recipe change (hopefully only temporary).

Apparently, there is a world-wide shortage of poppy seeds and O has substituted in black sesame seeds in a failed attempt to fool multi-seed aficionados visually. Oh the horror!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

The top pic truly is the “real thing” (pre-Covid). We’ve seen the bottom one on Riviera this past January and now on Insignia. It is my understanding that there has been a necessary fleet-wide recipe change (hopefully only temporary).

Apparently, there is a world-wide shortage of poppy seeds and O has substituted in black sesame seeds in a failed attempt to fool multi-seed aficionados visually. Oh the horror!

Some people could swear there were poppy seeds on the rolls on Regatta.   🤷‍♀️

2 minutes ago, LNielsen said:

Some people could swear there were poppy seeds on the rolls on Regatta.   🤷‍♀️

Very possible.

Who knows what non-perishable staples made it through the months of shut-down storage on each ship. All I know is that I was told quite a few of the bakery items have needed to be altered including the beloved multi-seeded rolls.

FWIW, the bran muffins have also changed significantly to just a plain old muffin with sprinkled bran on top. And, another big bakery change is that the Jaques signature rolls on the O ships have been replaced by “rustic” bread. Sadly,  I fear this latter one is a permanent change.

First world problems for sure but problems nonetheless.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Maybe they should just  do away with the seeds altogether

Or you could find a cruise line that  supplies you with the proper seeded rolls  🙄

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Amigo...your entirely wound a bit to tight.............relax.... smell the roses..... take a drive  over to Richmond or Hunters Point.... to get a grip...........

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Amigo...your entirely wound a bit to tight.............relax.... smell the roses..... take a drive  over to Richmond or Hunters Point.... to get a grip...........

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe they should just  do away with the seeds altogether

Or you could find a cruise line that  supplies you with the proper seeded rolls  🙄

Unclear on the concept of satire?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5