Barcelona Shuttle

bee-ess

Quick question about Barcelona Shuttle.

Do Taxis come into the port in Barcelona or do we have to get the shuttle out of the port and then get a taxi from there.

Edited by bee-ess
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bee-ess said:

Quick question about Barcelona Shuttle.

Do Taxis come into the port in Barcelona or do we have to get the shuttle out of the port and then get a taxi from there.

@bee-ess

Yes there are usually lots of taxis next to the ship and there is a proper taxi rank at each of the terminals.

The shuttle drops you off about 1000 metres before La Rambla.

We got wet in March after getting of Iona shuttle so we got a taxi back to the ship after Pauline did some shopping on La Rambla.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

@bee-ess

Yes there are usually lots of taxis next to the ship and there is a proper taxi rank at each of the terminals.

We got wet in March after getting of Iona shuttle so we got a taxi back to the ship after Pauline did some shopping on La Rambla.

Graham.

An extra zero in there methinks 😉

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

@bee-ess

Graham.

Thanks Graham, thats exactly the info I needed. We'd like to get a taxi dorect from the ship if possible rather than having to waste time on the shuttle.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No.

It was a proper drop off area and it took us 10 minutes walking in the rain to reach the bottom of La Rambla.

My apologies, a different shuttle and different cruise line we were dropped at the bottom of La Rambla, years ago though

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

That may be dependant on which time of day/day of the week it is and how many other ships are in port at the same time.

All I know is that there were no taxis lined up yesterday.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, davecttr said:

My apologies, a different shuttle and different cruise line we were dropped at the bottom of La Rambla, years ago though

P&O also used to drop of near to the bottom of Las Ramblas but it was a long time ago but we like walking so usually walk to Las Ramblas and back if it is not raining.  

We have always seen a plenty of taxis around the terminals in Barcelona but have  ever bothered with them.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, david63 said:

That may be dependant on which time of day/day of the week it is and how many other ships are in port at the same time.

We have sailed in and out of Barcelona 24 times and there has always been lots of taxis at the various terminals for Royal Caribbean,NCL and P&O.

That was unfortunate for you yesterday.

Graham.

• Like 3

You can pre book a taxi to avoid queues if busy. They stand outside the terminal with your name on a card. Depends on docking on time though, although I suppose you can call them if delayed and have never been unable to dock due to weather at this port.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, david63 said:

David, did you happen to notice if last weeks F1 race was shown on the Sport24 channel.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

David, did you happen to notice if last weeks F1 race was shown on the Sport24 channel.

No I didn't - didn't even look at that channel so no idea what was on. To be honest I have hardly watched any TV

1 hour ago, david63 said:

No I didn't - didn't even look at that channel so no idea what was on. To be honest I have hardly watched any TV

OK, I did check the Sport24 schedules and the Greman GP is listed for the 19th June so it should be, satellite reception permitting.

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, Amelia Noylam said:

Quick Question please, 

Do the shuttle buses run on a night-time when your ship is docked overnight in Barcelona, or would we need a taxi.

On Iona 5th November 2022 overnight, only ever done daytrips.

We are currently on Britannia overnight in Barcelona. The photo is from today's Horizon & gives shuttle bus details. Hope this helps. 

20220912_091343.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi

I the shuttle bus shown in the Horizon above is a P&O shuttle,free if Select only.

There is a bus run by the Port of Barcelona called ‘the Blue Bus’,it does a circular route from the terminals to the Columbus Monument one minute from La Rambla.

It costs €3 one way €4.5 return,,pay the driver,cash only.

The bus is also adapted for wheelchair users with a hydraulic ramp.

5F3D7B0C-FFA8-4DBA-AE5C-245FE9ADF71C.jpeg.ef1790781387d201d5970e41bbea7c15.jpeg

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

18 hours ago, Amelia Noylam said:

Quick Question please, 

Do the shuttle buses run on a night-time when your ship is docked overnight in Barcelona, or would we need a taxi.

On Iona 5th November 2022 overnight, only ever done daytrips.

We were overnight in March from Iona. If I remember rightly the buses were only to about midnight..

14 hours ago, Amelia Noylam said:

Hi amajaa

Thank you, so would you be able to come back to the ship for lunch get changed and then go back out on the shuttle again, into Las Ramblas for the night-time.

We haven't been since before Covid so tbh I wouldn't like to tell you you could just in case it does take slightly longer now but I don't see why not. See answers above possibly which might help more. 

Sagrada Familia is a fair walk from where the shuttle bus drops off. We got a taxi back and it cost 12 euros (metred) last october. Ask for a rough price with driver it was probably a good 40 minute walk to las ramblas from the ship where we docked , not recommended.