Resilient Lady Sailings: Canceled

PiperHolliday

It appears the whole launch season for Resilient has been axed. 

-

We know how excited you are to join us on board our third lady ship, so it is with a heavy heart that we’ve made the decision to delay the launch of Resilient Lady — which means that your voyage* below is no longer taking place.

We are committed to delivering exceptional experiences, however, some of the global challenges still impacting the travel industry like supply chain, crew staffing, and regional issues — meant we couldn’t guarantee the epic vacation you deserve on Resilient Lady. And we don’t want to fall short with your valuable time off, so while this decision was difficult, it was necessary.

We understand how disappointing this is, and we apologize wholeheartedly for that. We want to do right by you, so within the next two weeks, we'll place a 200% Future Voyage Credit in your account for any fare paid to double your value. But if you'd prefer, we will provide a full refund to all eligible Sailors, and you have until July 31st, 2022 to get in touch with us to request one. Just follow the link below and head to our dedicated website where you can find all of our offer and reimbursement details and how to access them.

While Resilient Lady’s inaugural sailing season is delayed, we can help you come aboard an alternative sailing on either Valiant Lady out of Barcelona or Miami, or Scarlet Lady out of Miami; they’re both getting rave reviews and sailing to some of the most stunning destinations in the world. 

Thank you again for supporting us, and we hope to sea you onboard one of our ships very soon.

We were supposed to be on the November 26, 2022 itinerary out of San Juan. I suspected this might happen though so wasn't terribly surprised to see the email. Unfortunately the Scarlet itineraries out of Miami aren't very enticing so not sure where we'll go at this point - we may not sail Virgin after all.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MTAK said:

We were supposed to be on the November 26, 2022 itinerary out of San Juan. I suspected this might happen though so wasn't terribly surprised to see the email. Unfortunately the Scarlet itineraries out of Miami aren't very enticing so not sure where we'll go at this point - we may not sail Virgin after all.

Ditto for me as well. Bimini and Puerto Plata don't interest me, nor does Cozumel. 

Their loss.

• Like 1

The Valiant option for Western Caribbean is Roatan and Costa Maya. We haven't been to either, but they don't seem that desirable. The Eastern Caribbean includes San Juan, St. Croix and Puerto Plata. We've been to San Juan twice on port stops (as recently as a couple months ago), and St. Croix in January 2020 - which was a bust IMO.

We were really looking forward to the southern itinerary out of San Juan, but at this point I doubt Virgin will ever depart out of there (it appears it was 1-season only), so we'll have to start looking at other lines again.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MTAK said:

The Valiant option for Western Caribbean is Roatan and Costa Maya. We haven't been to either, but they don't seem that desirable. The Eastern Caribbean includes San Juan, St. Croix and Puerto Plata. We've been to San Juan twice on port stops (as recently as a couple months ago), and St. Croix in January 2020 - which was a bust IMO.

We were really looking forward to the southern itinerary out of San Juan, but at this point I doubt Virgin will ever depart out of there (it appears it was 1-season only), so we'll have to start looking at other lines again.

I agree. Why do they offer such undesirable ports? So many better choices in the Caribbean. I'll pass and look to another line.

I could be wrong, but I think it works like this.. 200% credit towards a new cruise, and if you book by July 31 then you will get an access key for a sea terrace or above room on an additional cruise (still have fees and taxes to pay.)

Anyone more cruise savvy correct me if I'm wrong...cause right now that sounds like a too good to be true deal.

Edited by solotrip
Added clarity
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, xerenthar said:

ugh damnit. i don’t entirely understand the credit option. it’s 200% FVC, but if i use that FVC and rebook by July 31, i also get a second free cruise (but not the cruise i just rebooked)?

Neither do I, I wish that they would explain it a little more clearly. It sounds enticing, but I want to see how it would practically play out. 

2 minutes ago, solotrip said:

I could be wrong, but I think it works like this.. 200% credit towards a new cruise, and if you book by July 31 then you will get an access key for a sea terrace or above room (still have fees and taxes to pay.)

Anyone more cruise savvy correct me if I'm wrong...cause right now that sounds like a too good to be true deal.

It looks like you need to cruise by July 31 to get the access key for a complimentary cruise.

My questions is which sailings are eligible for the complimentary cruise; 4 nights?, 8 nights?, Caribbean?, Europe?

We had a Rock Star suite booked so at 200% we'll have tons of credit.  I'll cruise this month or next to get a free cruise later, but what will that be??

James

You don’t need to sail by july 31st to get the free voyage.

If you use any of your 200% FTV on a 2022 cruise booked by 31st July you will get an access key for another voyage.

So you could use your credit on a cruise this year and get a free voyage next year or another this year if you wanted.

8 minutes ago, jamesv2811 said:

You don’t need to sail by july 31st to get the free voyage.

If you use any of your 200% FTV on a 2022 cruise booked by 31st July you will get an access key for another voyage.

So you could use your credit on a cruise this year and get a free voyage next year or another this year if you wanted.

That's great!

The website says, "Sailors must use a portion of the new 200% FVC on the 2022 sailing by July 31st, 2022 to be eligible for an Access Key."

I was reading that I had to sail by July, but you're probably right that using a portion of our FVC by July 31 is not the same as sailing by July 31.

I'm still curious what sailings are eligible for the free voyage.

James

4 hours ago, FFMilesJunkie said:

Delayed to May 2023.  MerMaiden voyage now May 14, 2023 (Greek Island Glow). 

Ahoy! While Resilient Lady's first commercial sailing is now May 14, 2023, we have not yet set a date for our showcase events and celebrations. Stay tuned to our social profiles and email newsletter for more updates. 

47 minutes ago, solotrip said:

I could be wrong, but I think it works like this.. 200% credit towards a new cruise, and if you book by July 31 then you will get an access key for a sea terrace or above room on an additional cruise (still have fees and taxes to pay.)

Ahoy! To receive an Access Key Sailors must use a portion of their Future Voyage Credit (FVC) for a sailing in 2022. The Access Key must also be used for a sailing in 2022. 

12 minutes ago, Virgin Voyages said:

Ahoy! To receive an Access Key Sailors must use a portion of their Future Voyage Credit (FVC) for a sailing in 2022. The Access Key must also be used for a sailing in 2022. 

Glad you're here. I wasn't booked until 2023 and cannot sail in 2022. Plans and vacation time already planned. If I'm correct, then I'm out of luck to get comped since I can't book in 2022. That does not seem fair. I'll probably just take my money back and go elsewhere. 

16 minutes ago, Virgin Voyages said:

Virgin, so is this correct?

Get 200% FVC

Then, use that FVC to book a 2022 cruise at anytime

With 2022 cruise booked, you'll also get a Access Key for a 2022 voyage

So essentially two cruises in 2022? 

14 minutes ago, hoover86 said:

Virgin, so is this correct?

Get 200% FVC

Then, use that FVC to book a 2022 cruise at anytime

With 2022 cruise booked, you'll also get a Access Key for a 2022 voyage

So essentially two cruises in 2022? 

Yes, that's all correct 

17 minutes ago, Island Dog said:

Glad you're here. I wasn't booked until 2023 and cannot sail in 2022. Plans and vacation time already planned. If I'm correct, then I'm out of luck to get comped since I can't book in 2022. That does not seem fair. I'll probably just take my money back and go elsewhere. 

Ahoy, if your sailing in 2023 was impacted by our delays you can still choose our Double Your Value offer (200% Future Voyage Credit based on your paid voyage fare).