Resilient Lady Sailings: Canceled

PiperHolliday

10 hours ago, HolsAddict said:

Can anyone tell me if the access key only valid on 2022 cruises? If that's the case I won't be able to benefit from ut as already have rebooked on the Valiant in October. 

It is only valid for 2022 cruises. You could book another cruise either before or after your current one for free to extend the cruise to a back to back or you can cancel your October cruise, get a FVC for what ever you paid for the October cruise which I think they give you at least a year from the cruise date to use and then book the same October 2022 cruise using the free cruise access key. You can then use the FVC from your canceled cruise to book a cruise in 2023. 

On 7/15/2022 at 8:14 PM, Island Dog said:

You can dispute the charge with your credit card before you are on the hook for payment. Most credit cards will issue you a conditional credit for the amount you are disputing.

Thank you! That’s what our plan was and miraculously the refund appeared the morning we were going to be charged. 

26 days and still no refund on the "5-7 day" refund promise from Virgin for the cruise THEY canceled. I guess they are waiting for their July 30th deadline to pass before they start refunds despite the fact that I requested a refund nearly 4 weeks ago. Buyer beware....

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to say that I have received all the credits due to me including a airfare reimbursement of $1000 that I have just received. I think Virgin went above and beyond to make things right for the cancellation of my resilient lady cruise and they deserve a little positive feedback for treating me right. I have already booked part of my credit and received and booked a code for a free 7 day mediterranean cruise at no charge in a sea terrace room. Thanks Virgin!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toml1234 said:

I would like to say that I have received all the credits due to me including a airfare reimbursement of $1000 that I have just received. I think Virgin went above and beyond to make things right for the cancellation of my resilient lady cruise and they deserve a little positive feedback for treating me right. I have already booked part of my credit and received and booked a code for a free 7 day mediterranean cruise at no charge in a sea terrace room. Thanks Virgin!!

How long has that taken for you? Ive had no update on my reimbursement request that was submitted on the day of the announcement despite having chased this.

Finally got my "5-7 day" refund after waiting over a month. Oh yeah, it took me disputing the charge with my cc to make it happen. Sorry Virgin, you really screwed the pooch with my first experience with your line. I'll be sticking with NCL and Carnival. Good luck, y'all!

4 hours ago, jamesv2811 said:

How long has that taken for you? Ive had no update on my reimbursement request that was submitted on the day of the announcement despite having chased this.

It took about 2 weeks to receive my initial credits and 2 months to receive the travel credit

On 8/4/2022 at 1:05 PM, jamesv2811 said:

I had done the same thing. Requested reimbursement through refund. I was promised a refund by Virgin and my travel agent within "5-7 business days". After not receiving after 2 weeks I filed a dispute with my credit card and miraculously Virgin refunded 2 weeks after that. I suggest anyone who is seeking a refund to do the same. Dispute the charge with your CC. Otherwise Virgin will be holding onto your money for as long as they want since they have proven that their promises are absolute garbage.

redeemed for 200% FVC, booked a Med cruise and then was going to use the Access Key for a Caribbean cruise, realized it'd be cheaper to flip them. even though i was past the cancellation/modification deadline due to the Med cruise being close, the VV CS people helped me out and modified my Med cruise to a Caribbean booking, then booked my Med one with the Access Key. two cruises booked and a solid $2k in FVC left!