Where to get covid test before Alaska cruise?

ojaidenny

Where has everyone been getting or planning on getting their Covid test before an Alaska Cruise?

Princess info has offered two suggestions. Optum and Radeas, both home tests. 

I see Walgreens offers free tests. 

Edited by ojaidenny

The Princess suggestions are home proctored tests that cost anywhere between $50-$75.  Walgreens offers free tests, but you are restricted by the amount of time it takes to get your tests results back.  

I would check around your town to see who might offer a rapid antigen test and/or pay for a service that will guarantee you get the results back in a timely manner.

1 minute ago, LovetheSea said:

I have home tests. But how can you prove what date you took it?

Are your home tests the free one or reimbursed by your drug provider?  They will not be valid for travel.

The proctored tests are supervised by an online medical person.  After the 20 minute test, they will send you an email confirming negative status.

Our plan is to test in Seattle the day before crossing the border and 2 days before we sail, either via a proctored home test or at the CVS near my son's condo.

I'm trying OnPoint ($15) a medically observed online testing service & I can use the free tests mailed out via USPS.

https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing 

My backup is either the county's test to treat site or StatMed.  Both free to everyone with insurance 

For those with an Albertsons / Luckys / Safeway / or Vons they now do the rapid NAAT (PCR) test for $99 and your insurance is supposed to reimburse you.

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I'm trying OnPoint ($15) a medically observed online testing service & I can use the free tests mailed out via USPS.

My backup is either the county's test to treat site or StatMed.  Both free to everyone with insurance 

For those with an Albertsons / Luckys / Safeway / or Vons they now do the rapid NAAT (PCR) test for $99 and your insurance is supposed to reimburse you.

I just did on point for the first time an hr ago, couldn’t be easier, $14.99 per person and you use your own test.

11 minutes ago, Kineticoh20 said:

I just did on point for the first time an hr ago, couldn’t be easier, $14.99 per person and you use your own test.

Were you able to do it on your phone? I know the site says you can, I just wondering if I can do it in my house (or my son's)?

17 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Were you able to do it on your phone? I know the site says you can, I just wondering if I can do it in my house (or my son's)?

Yes used phone, I held for wife and she for me. Just follow instructions from email. You need to download zoom app if you already don’t have it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Won’t need a backup onpoint was great.

14 minutes ago, Kineticoh20 said:

Yes used phone, I held for wife and she for me. Just follow instructions from email. You need to download zoom app if you already don’t have it.

Perfect!! I just have a phone, no computer anymore. I have zoom already so if I can get my phone propped up then agree, backup not needed

Edited by Ombud

We will go locally where it is currently free, if they are still testing in September. Otherwise, we will use two more of our EMed tests (proctored) which we purchased before our British Isles cruise in May.