Solo Cruise Discount

vacation44

Do you have to call NCL or your PCC to get the solo cruise discount if it is offered on your cruise?   Right now we have a studio reserved for our daughter's boyfriend and I noticed that they are offering a solo cruise discount; however, when I price it out myself, the cabin fair is staying the same for both 1 passenger or two passengers.  

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

Do you have to call NCL or your PCC to get the solo cruise discount if it is offered on your cruise?   Right now we have a studio reserved for our daughter's boyfriend and I noticed that they are offering a solo cruise discount; however, when I price it out myself, the cabin fair is staying the same for both 1 passenger or two passengers.  

The studio is strictly 1 passenger rooms and are priced accordingly.

4 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

There shouldn't be any reason to call. The solo discount isn't necessarily offered for all cabin types. You have to make sure your date and cabin type has that solo discount symbol. 

Yes, it does have the symbol for the date and cabin we would be interested in. 

Just now, kelib said:

The studio is strictly 1 passenger rooms and are priced accordingly.

I know that and we currently have a studio booked for him.   It is a regular balcony cabin we are interested in with the solo cruise discount.

If I'm understanding correctly, you want to move your daughters boyfriend from a booked studio to a balcony and apply the 'solo' discount? For this you will need to make a call as it is probably going to be a cancel/rebook. Are you past final payment? That may get tricky.

45 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

If I'm understanding correctly, you want to move your daughters boyfriend from a booked studio to a balcony and apply the 'solo' discount? For this you will need to make a call as it is probably going to be a cancel/rebook. Are you past final payment? That may get tricky.

Yes, that is what I want to do.  Our sailing is next March so we can cancel and rebook.

I emailed my PCC, who I just started using as I always did things on my own.   He has not gotten back to me yet.    I am just not sure why the discounted fare is not showing up when I do a mock booking 

7 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Yes, that is what I want to do.  Our sailing is next March so we can cancel and rebook.

I emailed my PCC, who I just started using as I always did things on my own.   He has not gotten back to me yet.    I am just not sure why the discounted fare is not showing up when I do a mock booking 

I've noticed this on a few sailings where the "solo discount" symbol shows up but there really isn't a discount.   However, it never hurts to ask your PCC.

9 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

What ship/date are you looking at?

16 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Epic, March 19, 2023.

There does not appear to be a solo discount for the regular balcony for that date.

I am sailing the Getaway in August. 

When I changed from 2 to 1 passenger, the cost for a balcony remained the same, so there is currently NO solo supplement for that cruise. (or a "solo discount" has been given)

When I do that on your sailing, the cost of a balcony doubles. Not surprising for the Caribbean in March (Spring Break).

A larger inside cabin is less than $100 more; personally I'd probably change to that. 

But it does not appear that you are going to get a balcony at a 1 person rate for that date.

1 minute ago, KKB said:

A larger inside cabin is less than $100 more; personally I'd probably change to that. 

But it does not appear that you are going to get a balcony at a 1 person rate for that date.

I'd stay in the studios - cooler vibe and much better lighting (although maybe not as important if he's not worried about putting his make up on in the evening 😆) and easy access to the lounge for coffee!

• Like 1

Just now, alysonofagun said:

I'd stay in the studios - cooler vibe and much better lighting (although maybe not as important if he's not worried about putting his make up on in the evening 😆) and easy access to the lounge for coffee!

Sounds appealing!

Website glitch.  Happens often, especially with ships that have studios.  It would be very unusual to have the solo discount appear that far in advance.  4 months out seems to be common, although solo discounts through October 2022 seem to have been available months ago.

You can always rebook to a balcony cabin if the solo discount becomes available - but somewhat doubtful that will happen on a Caribbean spring-break cruise!

8 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Were are you folks seeing a symbol indicating a solo discount?  Is it on the NCL website?  Where?  Thanks.

I believe it only appears if you select 1 passenger as a filter.

image.png.215b5eba960465294c0af81474e6f4de.png

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

When I book a Studio, I keep an eye on prices. It’s possible that you’ll see actual solo discounts available after the final payment date.

That’s fine because you can then buy your way into a fancier cabin. I booked a Studio for my last two cruises; when the discounts kicked in, I called NCL (just the regular number, I don’t even know who my assigned PCC is). Wound up in a balcony on one sailing and a club balcony on the other. I kept my original perks, which might not have been the case if I had repriced prior to final payment.

IIRC, this isn’t possible if you’re using NCL’s airfare promo. The new cabin must be priced higher than the fare you’ve already paid.

14 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Website glitch.  Happens often, especially with ships that have studios.  It would be very unusual to have the solo discount appear that far in advance.  4 months out seems to be common, although solo discounts through October 2022 seem to have been available months ago.

You can always rebook to a balcony cabin if the solo discount becomes available - but somewhat doubtful that will happen on a Caribbean spring-break cruise!

Very annoying as it clearly states solo discount.    

PXL_20220609_170247870.MP.jpg

2 minutes ago, coastcat said:

When I book a Studio, I keep an eye on prices. It’s possible that you’ll see actual solo discounts available after the final payment date.

That’s fine because you can then buy your way into a fancier cabin. I booked a Studio for my last two cruises; when the discounts kicked in, I called NCL (just the regular number, I don’t even know who my assigned PCC is). Wound up in a balcony on one sailing and a club balcony on the other. I kept my original perks, which might not have been the case if I had repriced prior to final payment.

IIRC, this isn’t possible if you’re using NCL’s airfare promo. The new cabin must be priced higher than the fare you’ve already paid.

Thank you.   This is what we will end up doing then.   We do not use NCL air.   Just frustrating to me that they are promoting it on the website but are not applying it.     

Sometimes the solo discount is reduced but not 1/2 the 2 guest rate.

Sometimes there is absolutely no solo supplement whatsoever for interior cabins and above.   I was lucky enough to get the no solo supplement on recent Escape sailings.  

For solos on cruises with no solo specials, one pays fare for 2 and taxes/fees for 1 guest.

For "Let's Get You Upgraded", solos pay double their bid, if accepted.  

Often an inside cabin  w/no solo supplement is less than the studios. Of course, one should factor in what category as sailaway guaranty, for example,  does not come with all the perks offered to studios.

Under "deals" at ncl.com you can go directly to the sailings that offer some form of solo cruiser discounts.

• Like 2

I get wrapped around the axle with semantics in this realm.  If a cruise has "no solo supplement," does that mean that:

a) a solo cruiser pays twice the per person cost paid by a pair of travelers

b) a solo cruiser pays the same per person cost paid by a pair of travelers

• 1 month later...

Sorry to dredge up a post that's a couple of months old, but has anyone had any luck with the cruises advertised with a Solo Cruise Discount?  I have been trying all afternoon to speak with someone in resolutions, but keep getting "disconnected".  

The cruise I'm looking at comes up in the search using the Solo Cruiser Discount and includes the icons both on the cruise itself and the specific room type I'm looking at.  However, the price is the same whether I have 1 Guest or 2 Guests selected (with the exception of taxes/fees and free at sea gratuities).  Has anyone had any luck actually getting one of these "less than 200%" discounts?

1 minute ago, missnd said:

Sorry to dredge up a post that's a couple of months old, but has anyone had any luck with the cruises advertised with a Solo Cruise Discount?  I have been trying all afternoon to speak with someone in resolutions, but keep getting "disconnected".  

The cruise I'm looking at comes up in the search using the Solo Cruiser Discount and includes the icons both on the cruise itself and the specific room type I'm looking at.  However, the price is the same whether I have 1 Guest or 2 Guests selected (with the exception of taxes/fees and free at sea gratuities).  Has anyone had any luck actually getting one of these "less than 200%" discounts?

I just changed an upcoming cruise from Oceanview to balcony due to the solo cruiser discount yesterday.  I called my PCC directly and gave me a BF guarantee with all FAS benefits for $400 less than Oceanview. Final payment is in 1 week. I'm happy