3rd in a Sky Suite

renji

We are in an Aqua Sky Suite on the Aug 27 Beyond and wondering if the sofabed would be comfortable for a 24 year old (my partner’s daughter).  I know 3 sharing a bathroom would be tight, but am thinking since we have access to the spa, perhaps one of us can shower there?  I would consider a Move Up but no guarantee we will get any of those and hate to lose the spa access without a second bathroom (which leaves just Penthouse and Edge villa as good upgrades, pricy and long shots but worth a try), and not sure the separate space in the Celebrity suite or Royal suite will be more important than the bathroom access at the spa (so not worth the extra expense).

it’s pretty port intensive so was thinking we might be ok sharing with Retreat and Spa access…would love any views on that!

The answer is maybe.  Depends on how picky they are about the mattress and if they are tall.  One grandson at 6'5" didn't fit.  Another was not happy with the sofa bed.  I thought it was fine.

Using the spa shower certainly is inconvenient.

We have simply booked an extra cabin as 3 except in a family veranda or top couple suites is too tight for us.

Unfortunately that will not be an option for you.   Aqua Class is limited to only 2 persons in a Cabin.   This is due to capacity limitation of Blu.

I thought that was the case but verified by doing a mock booking for 3 -

image.png.6768e950275a659066302fbd8d5c97d9.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Unfortunately that will not be an option for you.   Aqua Class is limited to only 2 persons in a Cabin.   This is due to capacity limitation of Blu.

Because Beyond has the Aqua Sky Suite, they say that cabin can hold 4!

1 minute ago, renji said:

Because Beyond has the Aqua Sky Suite, they say that cabin can hold 4!

Yes and No.   Aqua Sky Suite is just a rebranded Sky Suite and dines in Luminae not Blu.    The major difference is you have a Sky Suite but have access to Persian Garden (or whatever they call it now).  It was just another marketing ploy to increase revenue.  

Aqua Class itself is also limited due to Maximum Ship Capacity calculations.   There are also some other cabins in other classes limited to 3 for the same reason.

We faced the same decision cruising with our now 18 yr old son. A Royal Suite was nice and roomy, but having him laying on the sofa bed in the living room while we moved about the suite was annoying. And a second bathroom would have been really helpful. We had originally booked an aft Sky Suite with connecting sunset veranda on the Reflection in 2020, but will be sailing in an S3 Sky Suite along the Magic Carpet with a connecting inside stateroom for our son on the Apex 26 Jun. It used up our FCC; both itineraries were to Iceland/Ireland. Having that second bathroom and a real bed for our son were key factors in our decision. It would be lovely to have an Edge Villa or the 2 bed/ 2 bath Penthouse, but they always seem to be sold out, even if you could afford them.

50 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

OP booked a Aqua Sky Suite, so 3 or even 4 are allowed.

6 minutes ago, Water babies said:

We faced the same decision cruising with our now 18 yr old son. A Royal Suite was nice and roomy, but having him laying on the sofa bed in the living room while we moved about the suite was annoying. And a second bathroom would have been really helpful. We had originally booked an aft Sky Suite with connecting sunset veranda on the Reflection in 2020, but will be sailing in an S3 Sky Suite along the Magic Carpet with a connecting inside stateroom for our son on the Apex 26 Jun. It used up our FCC; both itineraries were to Iceland/Ireland. Having that second bathroom and a real bed for our son were key factors in our decision. It would be lovely to have an Edge Villa or the 2 bed/ 2 bath Penthouse, but they always seem to be sold out, even if you could afford them.

I would gladly buy her an extra stateroom just to sleep, but then without access to the Retreat and Luminae/Blu that might be hard…I’m already paid for the two of us or I would downgrade us all out of the Retreat!

Yes, I can see that point. Perhaps because of his age, we have been told repeatedly that it will be no problem for him to join us in the Retreat/ Luminae, that we only need to speak to the Retreat host (Butler). Now whether that is the reality when we board is yet to be seen.  He does not join us for most meals, only dinner some nights. He probably won’t really use Retreat pool or lounge either once he finds other cruisers his age. Your 24 year old may want to spend more time together than he does.

8 minutes ago, renji said:

I would gladly buy her an extra stateroom just to sleep, but then without access to the Retreat and Luminae/Blu that might be hard…I’m already paid for the two of us or I would downgrade us all out of the Retreat!

I’ve also been hearing great things about the 4 main dining rooms and Blu, more “meh” comments about Luminae on Edge class ships. I have not experienced that myself yet, so I can’t really speak about whether a Suite is really better than two Aqua class IV’s (if you want Spa access).

52 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes and No.   Aqua Sky Suite is just a rebranded Sky Suite and dines in Luminae not Blu.    The major difference is you have a Sky Suite but have access to Persian Garden (or whatever they call it now).  It was just another marketing ploy to increase revenue.  

Aqua Class itself is also limited due to Maximum Ship Capacity calculations.   There are also some other cabins in other classes limited to 3 for the same reason.

Actually the new Aqua Sky Suites can dine in either Blu or Luminae, given the choice I would dine in Luminae. After April 2023 I believe all the Celebrity fleet will have this new Aqua Sky Suite which as you said are just rebranded Sky Suites with a hefty price increase, in many cases within a couple hundred dollars of a Celebrity suite. Looking at our Apex cruise next year so far only 2 of these overpriced AQ Sky Suites are booked while over 80% of the regular SS are booked. I think Celebrity figures once the Sky Suites are sold out customers will book the more expensive Aq SS.

Edited by terrydtx

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

OP booked a Aqua Sky Suite, so 3 or even 4 are allowed.

Thanks.... my feeble eyes missed the Sky Suite part... still new to my eyes with this new suite type. 

With that they could have a 3rd in their room but as I recall the "sofa" was more of a Fainting Sofa... at least on an M-Class, so not sure how comfortable it would be but definitely doable.