1 free bag or two?? (laundry)

On 6/9/2022 at 5:18 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks.  We only received/used one on our last cruise.  That was really just intended to familiarize us with the process.  We'll likely use two from now on.  It really is a nice perk!  😎

And @ChiefMateJRK, keep in mind that some of the cabins also come with a laundry perk, e.g., Club Balcony.  So I and DW have done laundry three times on a 7-day cruise with no charge. 🐀

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HuliHuli said:

And @ChiefMateJRK, keep in mind that some of the cabins also come with a laundry perk, e.g., Club Balcony.  So I and DW have done laundry three times on a 7-day cruise with no charge. 🐀

Thanks.  Those cabins are generally above my pay grade, but it's good info for others. 😎🐀

• Like 1

while you may  only get one bag, if you do it right, you can stuff it to the gills. there is no limit on the number  of items you can put into a bag.  my wife has this uncanny knack of stuffing a bag 

and chiefmate, again, if we're ever on a cruise together, i will personally bring you up to the haven area for drinks and dinner (on me) its the least i can do to repay you for all the chuckles i have gotten out of your comments, and i want to take you out of steerage

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, complawyer said:

and chiefmate, again, if we're ever on a cruise together, i will personally bring you up to the haven area for drinks and dinner (on me) its the least i can do to repay you for all the chuckles i have gotten out of your comments, and i want to take you out of steerage

I've seen this movie.  It didn't end well....  🤣

• Haha 6

On 6/9/2022 at 4:21 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

NCL's website indicates that, for Platinum tier, "Laundry Service (per member) - 1 free bag."  DW and I are both Platinum and received one bag from our room attendant stamped "Latitudes" on our recent cruise.  I asked him if it was one per person, and he said no (but asked that we let him know if we were informed otherwise.)  Have any of you who are a couple with Platinum status received two free bags?  Thanks.

We just turned platinum in April, and we were on an 10 day cruise, and we each got 2 free bags! So handy! 

• 4 weeks later...

It’s $30 a bag - anytime during the cruise, and the bags have been confirmed to be smaller than before? or not?

looking to use the 50% latitudes discount I get and do my unmentionables about halfway through a 10 day euro cruise as I will have no balcony for dryouts. I like the idea of lining it with plastic and duct taping. I’m gonna add that to my packing list

On 6/10/2022 at 6:34 AM, Turtles06 said:

This is not stated in NCL's list of Latitudes Rewards benefits. It can and does happen on longer cruises, but is not guaranteed.

How do I know if it is happening as I am on a 14 day cruise with a family of four and this would be great, but I also don't want to be charged.

1 hour ago, lisa928 said:

How do I know if it is happening as I am on a 14 day cruise with a family of four and this would be great, but I also don't want to be charged.

My recollection is that we were told on board we’d get another “free” bag. You can certainly ask. (That was on a 20-day cruise.)

9 hours ago, ronheg said:

Do they sort your laundry?  Can my jeans be put in the same bag as a white shirt?  Or do i need to send 2 bags, one white and one dark.

I've never sorted my laundry. It's always all come back pristine and nicely folded, much better than I would do myself.