1 free bag or two?? (laundry)

NCL's website indicates that, for Platinum tier, "Laundry Service (per member) - 1 free bag."  DW and I are both Platinum and received one bag from our room attendant stamped "Latitudes" on our recent cruise.  I asked him if it was one per person, and he said no (but asked that we let him know if we were informed otherwise.)  Have any of you who are a couple with Platinum status received two free bags?  Thanks.

Yes, 1 bag each. I send the first one through in one name & the next one in the other. Be sure to write your Latitudes status at the top of your paper with your list. If you both are Platinum status.

Edited by joyy7403
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

DW and I are both Platinum+ (Sapphire) and steward had only 1 downsized paper bag and zero laundry slip in our family suite.  We just asked him for another bag + 2 slips, fill it out with the items counted.  Sent both bags out the same morning, also wrote on the outside of the bag it's Platinum.  

Came back in 2 baskets, neatly folded and no charge.  Keep in mind that NCL has a good # of newly hired onboard these days and they aren't your seasoned crew members familiar with all the rules, which changed often themselves.  When in doubt, call and speak to the asst. housekeeper instead of asking to see the GM 😁 - most of the time, problems solved & fixed.

• Like 1

Not sure they check we have put 2 through on the same name/cabin in the past.

Some times it comes bag pressed not just wash/fold

Just write level on the count sheet and the bag.

Use the regular one in the cabin or ask make sure it's one of the big bags.

We do one early with travel stuff then one later to have some clean to go home.

20 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@ChiefMateJRK

Many times.   We write  PLATINUM/My Name on the first and PLATINUM/ Wife's name on the second.

Never had a problem.

Thanks.  We only received/used one on our last cruise.  That was really just intended to familiarize us with the process.  We'll likely use two from now on.  It really is a nice perk!  😎

• Like 1

I could have sworn on my last 2 cruises we had a single coupon ticket that said 'free laundry'. We had to put that inside the bag with our itemized slip. So it was only 1 bag for both of us.

Honestly, unless I'm on a super long cruise (possibly this February on my 15 day trip), I can't think of how we would even generate that much dirty laundry anyway to justify 2 full bags. 

Our most recent trip was a 10 day cruise with 1 day both pre/post cruise. We packed for 6-7 days and did laundry midway through, and still had plenty of clean stuff to pick from. Maybe we're just dirty people and should be changing clothes more often?

If any of you sail with me in the future, I give you full permission to gently ask me 'have you done your free laundry yet?' if I fail the sniff test.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

NCL's website indicates that, for Platinum tier, "Laundry Service (per member) - 1 free bag."  DW and I are both Platinum and received one bag from our room attendant stamped "Latitudes" on our recent cruise.  I asked him if it was one per person, and he said no (but asked that we let him know if we were informed otherwise.)  Have any of you who are a couple with Platinum status received two free bags?  Thanks.

Yes, one bag each for platinum. Plus our cabin of choice is a mini-suite, so an additional free bag, for a total of three. We tend to pack a lot lighter than before we were platinum. However, with shrinkflation hitting the laundry bags, we'll see how it plays out in the future.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

I could have sworn on my last 2 cruises we had a single coupon ticket that said 'free laundry'. We had to put that inside the bag with our itemized slip. So it was only 1 bag for both of us.

Honestly, unless I'm on a super long cruise (possibly this February on my 15 day trip), I can't think of how we would even generate that much dirty laundry anyway to justify 2 full bags. 

Our most recent trip was a 10 day cruise with 1 day both pre/post cruise. We packed for 6-7 days and did laundry midway through, and still had plenty of clean stuff to pick from. Maybe we're just dirty people and should be changing clothes more often?

If any of you sail with me in the future, I give you full permission to gently ask me 'have you done your free laundry yet?' if I fail the sniff test.

It doesn't matter that you only get one coupon. Just do what  @casofiliasays above .

• Like 1

The laundry people do not need the Latitudes coupon.  Just write your latitudes number on both the laundry slip and the laundry bag.

Somewhere in the fine print it says one bag per person.  This is per week, not per cruise.  Many people don’t know this (including some of the newer Cruise Next staff.).  We travel with carry on luggage only so definitely appreciate and use the free laundry perk.

On longer cruises, it's one bag per week per member (not per room). So we've got in the habit of sending a bag every 4-5 days, even if not full (we're both diamond), alternating the name.

We've never used the coupon, just write your latitudes status boldly and clearly by your name and by your signature on the slip.

With shrinkflation - personally, highly doubtful the downsized paper bag will fit more than 3 or 4 day's worth of underwear, t-shirts, polo-shirts, blouse and more than 2 pairs of jeans/casual slacks ... no matter how tightly you can roll & squeeze them in.  And, we try to cruise with a 22" rollerboard each plus a backpack/personal bag.  

Write on the outside of the paper tag and the laundry slip that it's Platinum, thus complimentary (still) and 2 bags washed, dry & folded, return in 2 wicker basket, at no charge ... the mini "coupon" was not needed (if you have one, put that inside and if not, don't need/have to take a trip down to ask CruiseNext for an extra coupon ... besides, it doesn't have your name/stateroom # embossed or printed on it anyway)

PXL_20220512_041150447.jpg

PXL_20220514_024057699.jpg

Got the big bags on Getaway a couple of weeks ago.

Always try to get the first one in before they put out the general bag.

The last bag we did close to end of cruise  came bag very quick.

Never put a voucher in the bag just written on both bag and slip.

Next up is Princess with unlimited laundry,  we are driving but are going to try to limit luggage, hard to go carry on with northern Europe cruises you need your wet weather stuff even in the summer.

6 hours ago, Rob_H said:

On longer cruises, it's one bag per week per member (not per room)

This is not stated in NCL's list of Latitudes Rewards benefits. It can and does happen on longer cruises, but is not guaranteed.

14 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yes! One per person platinum! When home you’ll be finding little marking tags on your clothes! Sometimes it’s on next cruise you’ll find em! 

• 2 weeks later...

on this laundry topic - we will be using the first time on our cruise next week...are there any items that we CAN'T include?

someone on my roll call, heard from someone else that underthings were not washed anymore in the laundry service and should be included in the bag.  I certainly hope that is not true, and not wanting to start a big bruhaha, just trying to get an answer for us all...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrsTocko said:

on this laundry topic - we will be using the first time on our cruise next week...are there any items that we CAN'T include?

someone on my roll call, heard from someone else that underthings were not washed anymore in the laundry service and should be included in the bag.  I certainly hope that is not true, and not wanting to start a big bruhaha, just trying to get an answer for us all...

They washed my boxers in May!   Just remember to pack some kitchen garbage bags to line the flimsy paper NCL bags so that you can pack, pack, pack.

On 6/9/2022 at 4:51 PM, insidecabin said:

Some times it comes bag pressed not just wash/fold

Yeah, they do a better job than I do myself.  I got so spoiled on my last cruise I decided to hire a laundry service 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrsTocko said:

You can include all of your clothes in the bundled laundry bag (unlike other cruise lines that limit what you can do).  

Just now, BirdTravels said:

You can include all of your clothes in the bundled laundry bag (unlike other cruise lines that limit what you can do).  

Roll,roll,roll!! You'll get a lot more in the bag if you roll your clothes and pack the bag tightly. Also, a roll of tape to reinforce the bag is a great idea. Or, as ChiefMate JRK stated above, bring a small trash bag to line the inside of the laundry bag.