Princess Check-In Time Request query

An out of the box thought - do you have close family who have newer phones who could help? If app downloaded successfully on a newer phone info can be accessed using just the cruise reference, your name and birthdate (no need for passwords). Family could add all the various bits and pieces on your behalf.

21 minutes ago, arxcards said:

That makes an interesting point. Elites and suites have access to the earliest boarding groups via the app. In ye olde times, your docs would be printed with your priority marked on them, but now is there anything to show in paper form if you don't have the app? Might be hard to get into the terminal for priority check-in if you don't have one of those slots. 

Geoff am I missing something on the app but I can’t see anything on the app  to say that we are elite, I printed off a travel summary and it’s noted that we are elite 

3 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Geoff am I missing something on the app but I can’t see anything on the app  to say that we are elite, I printed off a travel summary and it’s noted that we are elite 

The picture of the Princess medallion in the app will be the colour of your status, ie black for elite rather than blue, burgundy or grey/platinum 🙂

Edited by Jean C

8 minutes ago, Jean C said:

The picture of the Princess medallion in the app will be the colour of your status, ie black for elite rather than blue, burgundy or grey/platinum 🙂

Thank you just noticed that but I have my travel summary printed off

18 minutes ago, rkmw said:

There used to be a little dot at the bottom of your profile pic that showed your status but they had problems with it (mine kept turning blue B instead of black E) so they got rid of it. When they scan your QR code your status should show on their system. But I printed our travel summary just in case.

19 minutes ago, Jean C said:

If you've already chosen your medallion stuff and opted for the default free lanyard you might not be able to see the medallion pic any more.

1 hour ago, rkmw said:

I’m Group B at 11.30 cruising tomorrow and see if elites can get on at 11am

let you know  what happens 

My guess is that we have to arrive at our designated time and may not be admitted to the terminal until then. Once inside, the priority desks will be available for elite or suite guests. This is just my guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisecrazyaussie said:

Thanks for the feedback. As Aus Traveller thought my Samsung Galaxy phone (about 4/5 years old) is not compatible with the Medallion app.  My travel agent has loaded the app on her mobile and still did not get a check-in time.  She mentioned that I may be in Group B but had no idea about what time that meant. Any ideas?

Sorry. I believe your Samsung Galaxy should be compatible with the Medallion app. I have to comment that if your TA can't tell you what time Group B is 🤣 I am not surprised she can't help you load the Medallion app onto your phone.

We are in group A which is 11am - 11.30. I can't go into the system now and check, but it is reasonable to suggest that group B is 11.30 to 12noon. I just noticed that Bob (Rkmv) is group B at 11.30.

1 hour ago, cruisecrazyaussie said:

Thanks arxcards.  As for elite, while entitled I've found no priority boarding ever out of Brisbane. Maybe things will be different with the new Brisbane Cruise Terminal. In the past, I just had to queue up with everyone else, unlike overseas ports where it was easy and quick boarding

At Portside Princess always had a separate queue for Elite and suite guests. We boarded from there many times. It was further from the door than the general section.

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If you've already chosen your medallion stuff and opted for the default free lanyard you might not be able to see the medallion pic any more.

When you tap on your profile picture to log out of the app you should see the Princess logo beside your picture, in the colour of your status 😀 

34 minutes ago, rkmw said:

No so much Bob,

Good there is a travel summary that anyone without the app can use. Just that by being at elite or having booked a suite, you should be the only passengers that have access to the earliest boarding slots to pick from. I think that is how it is supposed to work.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

No so much Bob,

Good there is a travel summary that anyone without the app can use. Just that by being at elite or having booked a suite, you should be the only passengers that have access to the earliest boarding slots to pick from. I think that is how it is supposed to work.

... and here was me thinking we got the earliest boarding time because we got in early.

1 minute ago, Jean C said:

When you tap on your profile picture to log out of the app you should see the Princess logo beside your picture, in the colour of your status 😀 

That appears to have the same bug as the original status dot - mine is showing blue even though I'm Elite.

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

... and here was me thinking we got the earliest boarding time because we got in early.

That also helps. I just think anyone at a lower tier could get in early, but the first available slot to them being at noon.

Just now, arxcards said:

That also helps. I just think anyone at a lower tier could get in early, but the first available slot to them being at noon.

OK. We are in group A, 11-11.30. With everyone in that group also being Elite or in a suite, maybe all the check-in desks will be 'priority'.

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

I can't see that. It just shows I have ordered something but won't show what. 

When I click on the order, mine shows the black medallions. I haven't got the app open at the moment to see exactly where I saw the black medallion.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

OK. We are in group A, 11-11.30. With everyone in that group also being Elite or in a suite, maybe all the check-in desks will be 'priority'.

The old way could still apply. Be fashionably early 😉 by around half hour I reckon. As we also found on the first Pacific Explorer, we were already on the ship half hour before the published start time for check-in. Especially true for the first cruise, but also generally when the ship is on time.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

The old way could still apply. Be fashionably early 😉 by around half hour I reckon. As we also found on the first Pacific Explorer, we were already on the ship half hour before the published start time for check-in. Especially true for the first cruise, but also generally when the ship is on time.

In the 'old days' embarkation was usually under way by 10.45. Usually I have difficulty getting my husband to be on time, but I was surprised when he said he thought we should go "a bit early". I agreed.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That appears to have the same bug as the original status dot - mine is showing blue even though I'm Elite.

Oh dear, mine is my status colour (platinum). I'm sure it will all work out for you correctly on the day 👍 

On 6/15/2022 at 6:40 PM, Aus Traveller said:

My guess is that we have to arrive at our designated time and may not be admitted to the terminal until then. Once inside, the priority desks will be available for elite or suite guests. This is just my guess.

The priority line was for elite platinum and suites. All in same line whether black grey or whatever. But everything moved so fast I had no time to see what anyone else was doing (16th)