Escape Rooms

Just wondering if Escape rooms are back on RCCL ships. Heard they shut down for awhile due to Covid. Wasn't sure whether they have returned. Will be on Harmony of the Seas in a couple months -- hoping to do one with the family.

Just completed the escape room on Oasis this week (and with over 7 minutes to spare, the staff member told us it was the fastest he had personally seen). 

My wife and I do a lot of escape rooms, we are snobs, and both of us thought it was incredibly well built (and actually quite challenging). 

Oasis also had a Museum Heist Puzzle Competition (made by the same people who do the escape rooms). It was really cool, except that one of the clues, which is vital to completing the puzzle, was missing from a bunch of the group bags. When we asked the staff they said they were aware of the problem and waiting for replacements. Really wish they would let people know a piece was missing and at least have a picture of it available to look at. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jacobtsf said:

My wife and I do a lot of escape rooms, we are snobs, and both of us thought it was incredibly well built (and actually quite challenging). 

This was my fear (that they would be too easy).  So, all in all, you would recommend the rooms for very experienced room escapists/puzzle-solvers?

Also, do you know what the typical size is?  My group is 4, but it could be fun to do it with randos.

45 minutes ago, jacobtsf said:

Just completed the escape room on Oasis this week (and with over 7 minutes to spare, the staff member told us it was the fastest he had personally seen). 

We were on the same cruise as you and completed it with 8 minutes to spare.  There were 12 of us in our group and we had a blast doing it.  We also did the escape room on the Navigator, but this one was much better.  Loved the ending!

4 hours ago, jacobtsf said:

Oasis also had a Museum Heist Puzzle Competition (made by the same people who do the escape rooms). It was really cool, except that one of the clues, which is vital to completing the puzzle, was missing from a bunch of the group bags. When we asked the staff they said they were aware of the problem and waiting for replacements. Really wish they would let people know a piece was missing and at least have a picture of it available to look at. 

How much was the escape room on oasis?

We were on the Oasis in October & did the Escape Room.  It was our first time & we were afraid of keeping the others back but we were able to work as a team.  We didn't complete but all had a good time.  We had 12 people & paid $19.99 pp.   

Funny true story about when we were participating in the Escape room pre covid a few years ago-  A guest had such horrible body odor that we  couldn't wait to escape!  That experience cured me and my DH of going to an escape room with any strangers!    Bathe please!