Deluxe Owners Suite - Pearl (or sister ship) Anyone stay lately ?

Has anyone stayed in an Owners Suite lately ? - Can they confirm in-room amenities ?

(NOT a deal breaker - just want to be prepared 😁

We just returned from 9 day Alaska Cruise on the NCL Sun - In a Deluxe Aft Suite - or also called Deluxe Family Suite -a little disappointed in the reduction of suite amenities - no mini bar at all - no nice toiletries (of course it was NOT the Owners Suite - we tried for an upgrade bid to the one remaining one - but someone else got it ! and NOT the same class of ship - ) anyway 

all the soaps, shampoos were fastened to the wall of the shower (or over the sink in the bathroom) in a large bottle 

REALLY. REALLY Looking forward to our upcoming cruise on the NCL Pearl - where we are booked in Cabin 15000 (used up several FCC's from cancelled cruises to be able get it !)

THANK YOU 

I believe that is the new standard in suites.  If you were in a suite, they were L'Occitaine products.

Much better than the Bvulgari they have been supplying.

We were on the Dawn in April, it was the first time we experienced those, wall mounted contraptions, but I kind of liked them.

6 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

The amenities depend on the type of suite you have. This pdf may help you:

Welcome Aboard Suite+.pdf 131.56 kB · 4 downloads

Do you know what the date on this document is ? As I posted, we were in a Suite and did not receive these amenities - ( The suite we were in was 2nd only to the Owners suite) 

4 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Do you know what the date on this document is ? As I posted, we were in a Suite and did not receive these amenities - ( The suite we were in was 2nd only to the Owners suite) 

Yes. It was just sent to my by the NCL concierge for our upcoming cruises. One is on the Sky (we are in the OS) and one on the BA in the Haven. What was the type of suite you were in, i.e. SA, SB…?

Edited by HBCcruiser

These are the types of suites on the Sun that should receive suite amenities.

The aft Penthouse Suites should receive suite amenities. Is that the cabin you were in? If so, next time try reaching out to the concierge desk (email and phone number is on that pdf) to make sure you are on their radar! 

5D59B070-3A55-4F06-8383-A8B6D9D422D3.jpeg

08BF2186-A3FB-468E-B904-756DE8099AFC.jpeg

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

The aft Penthouse Suites should receive suite amenities. Is that the cabin you were in? If so, next time try reaching out to the concierge desk (email and phone number is on that pdf) to make sure you are on their radar! 

That OS on the Sun was our favorite suite ever.  And we had that wide, wide forward view for an Alaska cruise!  (We think it should be called a DOS, but no one has asked us...)

However, it was then plus when we had a DOS on another NCL ship that we had the included sparkling water and soft drinks, etc.

When we were in a 2BR Haven Suite, we did NOT get those perks, and we were not expecting them.

Has this changed?  (It would be great to have unlimited sparkling water, especially in a 2BR Haven suite.  With no Diet Coke available 😢, sparkling water is even more important for us.)

Thanks.

GC

1 hour ago, GeezerCouple said:

That OS on the Sun was our favorite suite ever.  And we had that wide, wide forward view for an Alaska cruise!  (We think it should be called a DOS, but no one has asked us...)

However, it was then plus when we had a DOS on another NCL ship that we had the included sparkling water and soft drinks, etc.

When we were in a 2BR Haven Suite, we did NOT get those perks, and we were not expecting them.

Has this changed?  (It would be great to have unlimited sparkling water, especially in a 2BR Haven suite.  With no Diet Coke available 😢, sparkling water is even more important for us.)

Thanks.

GC

I do know that the 2bd Haven suite does not include the sparking water. That is an added cost. The butler will put complimentary pitchers of still water or ice tea in the refrigerator for you if you ask, but not sparkling water. You should ask the butler to remove everything from the refrigerator if you don’t want to be charged for any used items. We always get the Premium Beverage Package to make sure we don’t have to worry about any of the drinks we order. 

Edited by HBCcruiser

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

I do know that the 2bd suite does not include the sparking water. That is an added cost. The butler will put complimentary pitchers of still water or ice tea in the refrigerator for you if you ask, but not sparkling water. You should ask the butler to remove everything from the refrigerator if you don’t want to be charged for any used items. We always get the Premium Beverage Package to make sure we don’t have to worry about any of the drinks we order. 

Right.

But that pdf in the earlier post shows (or certainly seems to show!) that there is sparkling water and also soft drinks available for all of the listed suite categories.  There's nothing distinguishing some suites from others, the way it is done for the alcoholic beverages.

GC

Just now, GeezerCouple said:

Right.

But that pdf in the earlier post shows (or certainly seems to show!) that there is sparkling water and also soft drinks available for all of the listed suite categories.  There's nothing distinguishing some suites from others, the way it is done for the alcoholic beverages.

GC

That PDF is only for the category of suites listed, which includes the DOS on NON Haven ships. It is NOT for the Haven suites. Example: When we are in the Sky DOS I expect to have the sparkling waters and sodas and bottles of wine (in our case) included free. On the Breakaway Haven 2bd Suite I do NOT expect to have any of that included. Hope this helps. I know it is confusing, but not unlike Royal Star Class VS Sky Class. 

3 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

That PDF is only for the category of suites listed, which includes the DOS on NON Haven ships. It is NOT for the Haven suites. Example: When we are in the Sky DOS I expect to have the sparkling waters and sodas and bottles of wine (in our case) included free. On the Breakaway Haven 2bd Suite I do NOT expect to have any of that included. Hope this helps. I know it is confusing, but not unlike Royal Star Class VS Sky Class. 

But that list states 

"As a Suite Guest, we take great pride in making your suite a personalized sanctuary. As such, there are several complimentary amenities we can have ready and waiting for you upon arrival."

It's only for the alcohol that they distinguish between the different categories of "S" suites.  And I don't think all "S" suites get unlimited sparkling water or soft drinks.  That's what caused me to ask if NCL has changed those perks for "all S suites".   A separate question would be about the H suites.

(I mentioned "all of the listed suite categories", not "Haven suites".)

After having that for a DOS on a non-Haven ship, we were a bit disappointed that we didn't have the same with a Haven 2BR suite.  However, we hadn't seen anything that led us to expect it.

(Our Butler would occasionally leave us an extra bottle of two of the San Pellegrino.  He knew we enjoyed it, because we "ordered it" through him.  He did charge us ... most of the time. 😉 )

I'm not complaining.  I'm just a bit confused by that pdf.

GC

12 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

But that list states 

"As a Suite Guest, we take great pride in making your suite a personalized sanctuary. As such, there are several complimentary amenities we can have ready and waiting for you upon arrival."

It's only for the alcohol that they distinguish between the different categories of "S" suites.  And I don't think all "S" suites get unlimited sparkling water or soft drinks.  That's what caused me to ask if NCL has changed those perks for "all S suites".   A separate question would be about the H suites.

(I mentioned "all of the listed suite categories", not "Haven suites".)

After having that for a DOS on a non-Haven ship, we were a bit disappointed that we didn't have the same with a Haven 2BR suite.  However, we hadn't seen anything that led us to expect it.

(Our Butler would occasionally leave us an extra bottle of two of the San Pellegrino.  He knew we enjoyed it, because we "ordered it" through him.  He did charge us ... most of the time. 😉 )

I'm not complaining.  I'm just a bit confused by that pdf.

GC

I received that PDF because we are going to be cruising in the DOS on the Sky. Your best bet, IMO, is the email or call the land based concierge and ask what specific perks your suite category receives. That way you will know what to expect. I hope you have a great cruise. 😎🥂🚢

15 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Edited by GreenValleyDogWalker
oops

2 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Yes - we were in the Aft Penthouse Suite (now called a Family Suite) - Cabin 8277

No mini bar at all 

Oh yes - I sent emails to the Concierge in advance of boarding - all of our Shore Excursions and our Specialty Restaurants reservations were made in that way  

Edited by GreenValleyDogWalker
oops

Yes, only owners suites and garden villas get free bottled water/soda in the cabin. No other suites, Haven or otherwise, get free mini bar items. If your reservation does not have the words "Owners" or "Garden Villa" in there... you have to walk your own soda and glass of sparkling whatever to your room yourself by using your drink package at the bar outside of your room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Yes, only owners suites and garden villas get free bottled water/soda in the cabin. No other suites, Haven or otherwise, get free mini bar items. If your reservation does not have the words "Owners" or "Garden Villa" in there... you have to walk your own soda and glass of sparkling whatever to your room yourself by using your drink package at the bar outside of your room.

Thank you for for that clarification ! - 

We did get lots of water - now in a cardboard boxes instead a bottles 

19 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Only the DOS and OS get the bottles of liquor on NCL. It is not like Princess where you get the free mini bar set up in suites. 

On 6/12/2022 at 5:17 PM, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

The easiest way to tell what to expect is to look at the category designation, if it starts with "S" it's part of the suite group that has butler, etc. 

Edited by Shellbelle28