New NCL AMEX Offer - $250 off $1,000 (Targeted)

13 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Try my suggestion above to get more offers to load in….

Only 100 offers are visible, but you may have way more available to you. So to get more offers to load in, add a whole bunch of offers to your card, then sign out and back in and you will see more available offers. If it still says 100 available then keep adding a bunch more so more new ones load in. 

I have found that to be true, too.  I don’t know how they determine who gets what offers, but apparently there’s some sort of “secret” formula.  They use.

There are a bunch of offers, usually.  Signing out and back in again seems to refresh them, as you point out.

I’ve had the $100-$200-$300 OBC offer in my offer list for a few years now, though.

I looked, and I have no NCL offer (though I did already use a previous one in booking a cruise on the Prima for the summer of 2023). There are offers for Celebrity and American Queen (a river cruise line).

We have the Blue Cash Everyday AMEX card.  One shared account with a card for each of us.  My card had $125 back on $500.  Husband's had $250 back on $1000.  Both for NCL.  Love these offers!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, anirudhrege said:

Do you know how much time it takes for the statement credit to post? My transaction shows NORWEGIAN ASIA USD and I'm worried it won't trigger the offer.

That won’t trigger the offer. It would have to be the US Norwegian processing. So it would show up as “Norwegian CruiseLineMIAMI FL”

As to how long it takes to post the credit, usually within less than a week.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I presume these deals are for new bookings, and not paying on an existing reservation.

You can make a payment on an existing reservation and it will trigger the offer. Make sure to add the offer to your AMEX card first before you make the payment!

1 hour ago, Cruise Gopher said:

You can make a payment on an existing reservation and it will trigger the offer. Make sure to add the offer to your AMEX card first before you make the payment!

What kind of witchcraft is this?!? How did you discover this works?

49 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I'm afraid I'm in the same boat (no pun intended), since I have the same card.

Delta branded MEX seems to have different rules.  I know the OBC my Platinum AMEX offers isn't valid with the Delta Platinum AMEX card.

40 minutes ago, CherWolf said:

I have the $500 offer for Royal and Celebrity on my Platinum card, but no NCL. 😒

I don't know how they keep track of what offers they have, and who they offer them to.  It's a lot of them.  And, at least to me as an individual, I don't understand how they can make an offer to one person, with the same card as I use, and not to another.

For a while, they didn't have an offer for me on NCL, but did have one for me on Celebrity.

5 hours ago, smillerholmes said:

What kind of witchcraft is this?!? How did you discover this works?

What do you mean? That is just how it works. When AMEX detects the charge from Norwegian Cruise Line it applies the offer and issues you the credit. 

6 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

What do you mean? That is just how it works. When AMEX detects the charge from Norwegian Cruise Line it applies the offer and issues you the credit. 

OH! I misunderstood.  I thought you were implying that if the offer wasn't already available to you, a "small" payment could be made with your card triggering the offer which would then become available to you.

I don't use either of my AMEX's for NCL - I use my NCL card from BoA, but if that offer was available I would definitely partake.

Sorry for the confusion (on my part!)

9 hours ago, vanchelle said:

Grrrrr…I continue to be passed over for the NCL offers and I have two Delta branded Platinum Amex cards 😖

very cool to all who have it, though!

Unfortunately the Delta co-branded AMEX cards typically never have the AMEX travel category offers like these cruise line offers. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, victory2020 said:

For those of you who got the offer; have you redeemed prior offers? I have gotten them twice & used them twice, but have not gotten the offer the last 2 times it has appeared. FYI, I got an offer for RCI on both cards

Just used the OBC offer on an NCL cruise I have booked sailing on July 9.  Booked it about 2 weeks ago.

4 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Unfortunately the Delta co-branded AMEX cards typically never have the AMEX travel category offers like these cruise line offers. 

What a bummer. I paid our whole cruise off with my Amex and hoped it would help. 
we fly out tonight to Athens🙌🏼

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vanchelle said:

What a bummer. I paid our whole cruise off with my Amex and hoped it would help. 
we fly out tonight to Athens🙌🏼

I feel the same way, my final payment is due in the next 2 weeks. I don't see that offer on my Amex account.

1 hour ago, KKB said:

SOOO…does it have to be used on a new booking?

Or can u use it to purchase shore excursions,etc ?

In the past I have used it on shore excursions, specialty dining, and prepaying the gratuity.  It has always tripped the offer. 

• Like 1