Beach chairs and umbrellas

bkrickles1

On 4/1/2023 at 10:47 AM, LLSpreeman said:

Yes, but I'm afraid that there won't be a private taxi available to take me back and then end up being stuck. Just overly cautious traveling solo.  Wonder if they use Uber in Bermuda?  Sorry I know I don't sound very knowledgeable and travel savvy.

There are plenty of taxis and private mini vans in the parking lot by the beach entrance.  We have never had a problem getting transportation back to the dockyard.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 6:41 AM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Does anyone know what the chair and umbrella price at Horseshoe is for this year? Trying to plan my off-ship budget for my upcoming cruise. (And also is the shuttle still $7 each way?)

2 lounge chairs & 1 umbrella was $45

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Couple questions please. We are a group of five. If we take minibus to the crystal caves, will there be minibus available for the return trip or for the next destination? Are minibuses or taxis available at all tourist locations?

1 hour ago, nemesees said:

Couple questions please. We are a group of five. If we take minibus to the crystal caves, will there be minibus available for the return trip or for the next destination? Are minibuses or taxis available at all tourist locations?

You have to have at least seven for a minibus. Most taxis have three rows of seats so taxis are what you want. They are readily available at the Dockyard.  At the caves there are taxis dropping off so it should not be a problem getting a taxi there to return or on to the next destination. As for other tourist locations, Hamilton and St. George would have taxis but best to use the ferries to get to them. Other locations it might be difficult to get a taxi. If you were more specific we could give you an opinion.  

We plan to see the Crystal Caves, and maybe the ice cream shop nearby, 

Horseshoe Beach

Hamilton for some souvenirs 

Aquarium

and don’t know what else is interesting. We are not into historical or wildlife sightseeing.

not into water activities except a dip in the water. 
Any suggestions?

26 minutes ago, nemesees said:

We plan to see the Crystal Caves, and maybe the ice cream shop nearby, 

Horseshoe Beach

Hamilton for some souvenirs 

Aquarium

and don’t know what else is interesting. We are not into historical or wildlife sightseeing.

not into water activities except a dip in the water. 
Any suggestions?

To go to the caves or the aquarium best to take a ferry to either Hamilton or St. George's and then taxis from there to those destinations, cave or aqauarium  which are in between Hamilton and St. George. Taxis are available in Hamilton, at the Aquarium and the Caves. The ice cream shop is a short walk from the Caves. If you walk there you can usually catch a taxi across the street from the ice cream shop at the popular Swizzle Inn. 

How many days are you in Bermuda? 

12 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

How many days are you in Bermuda? 

from Monday 8am to Tuesday 3 pm 

Which means we need to be back onboard by 2pm.
I would stay close to Kings Wharf on Tuesday maybe just a quick hop to Hamilton.