Celebrity When to Book Specialty Restaurants

ScottC4746

They offer a 1st night discount on some of the restaurants in the Cruise Planner.  They do frequently sell out so if your interested booked sooner rather than later.

On our cruises in February and April discount ‘s were few and small-$5 off.

Which ship?  If on E class and you’re interested in Eden, book now!  Reports of zero availability upon boarding are frequent.  Even last year when we sailed on Apex at ~40%capacity on a 14 night cruise, I heard others commenting that they were waitlisted and never got in despite checking back daily.  And Eden was well worth it!

A lot depends on the ship.  As mentioned, on Apex, there was no availability well before the cruise.  However, there are usually more options on the S class ships.  Book early if you want the first night discount or if you want a particular  day and time.  There may be limited times once on the ship.

I would book now if you have specific dates in mind.   If you can negotiate a better price on board cancel the booking you have.  

I'm on a B3B on Summit in August and all first nights were sold out months ago.

We were on Reflection and didn't plan doing much with specialty restaurants, having great experiences in Blu over the years. We saw when we boarded that a few specialties were 30 percent off the first night. We decided to go with Tuscan. It was great. Not crowded. Good decision. We stuck with Blu the remainder of the cruise.

17 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

C3 on the solstice.

I'd agree to book now, that way at a minimum you're covered for what you want.  If you see discounts in the future, you can cancel your existing reservation and re-book with the discount (assuming the time works for you).