Changing booking to ‘cruise only’ from ‘always included’

JanThe1st

Is it possible to change a booking to ‘cruise only’ from ‘always included’ under the Best Price/Offer Guarantee policy or does it have to be like for like?

I made the original booking directly with Celebrity for a cruise on 10th Sept from Southampton. Over the last couple of weeks they have introduced a ‘cruise only’ option.

The booking was made during Cruise with Confidence and the final payment is due on 2nd July.

8 hours ago, JanThe1st said:

Is it possible to change a booking to ‘cruise only’ from ‘always included’ under the Best Price/Offer Guarantee policy or does it have to be like for like?

I made the original booking directly with Celebrity for a cruise on 10th Sept from Southampton. Over the last couple of weeks they have introduced a ‘cruise only’ option.

The booking was made during Cruise with Confidence and the final payment is due on 2nd July.

I asked about this on Silhouette in May and was told yes on any cruise departing after 2 June that has "cruise only" pricing which is practically every cruise. Not applicable to Aqua and above.

I've done it before and all you have to do is call Celebrity if booked with them or your agent.

Possible downside is that the price will change to the current price and perks may change to what is currently being offered.     I've usually done it with a paid upgrade or in conjunction with a price drop.

I did it and saved $746 on our upcoming Caribbean trip April 2023.  I was on hold for 1 hour and 50 mins.  Be sure and tell them you are wanting to reprice at the cruise only rate.  My original booking went down in price with this current promo, and I had to wait while the rep repriced that too.  

Edited by Dancing Shoes

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Good point.  Didn't think about the OP being from UK.   My understanding is the rules are different.   I suggested a similar change to a friend in Australia and he was denied.

Australia and NZ are different as their prices include tips which cannot be removed or as Celebrity puts " tips not required".