MDR Menus on the Apex

Raxter54

Had a few questions concerning the menus for the 4 MDRs on the Apex. There are 3 sections on the menu in each of them - Classic, Celebrity Signatures, and selections exclusive to each restaurant.

1. The menu that I see shows 3 appetizers and 3 entrees for the exclusive selections in each restaurant. Do these change every night, or are there only those selections for each night?

2. The same for the Celebrity Exclusives - the menu shows 5 appetizers, 5 entrees. Does this change during the cruise?

3. If I'm eating in the Cosmopolitan, can I have something from the Cyprus? That Hot Melted Cheese Saganki looks good 🙂

TIA for any answers...

• Like 1

Hi - I compiled this info before our cruise on Edge - assume it will be the same for Apex. Unfortunately, don't recall the source/s, as I did a lot of research before our cruise.

All 4 of the MDR menus have the “Celebrity Classics”, which are the always available items and remain the same every night in all the dining rooms.

There are 3 portions to the menu in each of the 4 MDRs;

2 sections are the same in all 4 restaurants

The 3rd section is the dishes “Exclusive “ to that restaurant. The “Exclusives” include 3 starters, 3 entrees and 1 dessert per dining room.  They remain the same every night.  

Each menu has the “Celebrity Signature” items for starters, entrees and desserts.

This section is the same THAT night in all the dining rooms and changes every night.   

All 4 MDRs share a galley, so items on any menu can be ordered in any dining room.

Cosmopolitan:  Walk through Wine display – Formal look - Traditional

Cyprus: Greek influence – Seafood

Normandie: Ties to Murano – Modern upscale space - Springtime in Paris – Regional European wines & unique cocktails

Tuscan: Modern classic design - Italian fashion and film décor – Homemade pastas with rustic flair

P.S. I'm right there with you on CDO!

Edited by MarKay525
  • Thanks 2

The menu itself change daily on a 14 day rotation, unusually starting on day 1.    In the MDR there are some special items at the bottom of the menu for each theme.   These items never change but you can order ones on the other MDR menus even if not in that particular restaurant.

• Thanks 1

Just be aware the the order they will offer each menu of the 14 menus will change. Apex has been running day 7 of the sample menus on Day 1, Day 3 of the Sample Menu on Day 5, Day 10 of the Sample Menus on Day 6, etc..

Also, there are some minor changes to the menus Apex is currently offering. For example, Day 7 Sample Menu Veal Cordon Bleu and Steak Dianne are eliminated and Pork Scaloppini Marsala is added. Day 2 Sample Starter Menu Crispy Frog Legs are eliminated and Signature Crab Cake is added. There are a few other changes I've notice but the linked menus above is a great planning resource.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very disappointed to see salmon instead of halibut on our upcoming Apex cruise (Iceland/Ireland) in Normandie's nightly dinner menu.  When I booked reservations for our party of 6 - purposely chose Normandie several evenings.  When we were on Apex in Caribbean earlier this year - had halibut several times... in Normandie..

maybe because of location and not readily available??? or more likely to cut costs??

2 hours ago, cstro said:

Very disappointed to see salmon instead of halibut on our upcoming Apex cruise (Iceland/Ireland) in Normandie's nightly dinner menu.  When I booked reservations for our party of 6 - purposely chose Normandie several evenings.  When we were on Apex in Caribbean earlier this year - had halibut several times... in Normandie..

maybe because of location and not readily available??? or more likely to cut costs??

Maybe a bit of both.  If you don’t care for the Normadies exclusives  you can order the exclusives from the other 3 MDRs while in Normandie.  

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, De Colores said:

Thank you I had tried but searched more and found it…

If you like seafood, try the Sea Bass in Cyprus.  On the Apex last fall, it was one of the BEST seafood dishes I’ve had . . . Land or sea.  I do realize a year later and a different chef, it could be different.

E581FCAC-A9D4-4D2D-B256-694653790973.thumb.jpeg.20e85439fd511b14f894ab8b8d6e1b81.jpeg

also the Tenderloin en Croute in Normandie was outstanding.

020F2C49-A0BB-4E99-B906-391699133D2B.thumb.jpeg.d9b807ffc414e2c4a288145a1ef4cdd1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Greetings fellow cruisers: I have a question regarding "no sugar added" desserts in the main dining rooms. 

I previously sailed on Celebrity Apex in January and was told the only "no sugar added" dessert was ice cream when dining in one of the four main dining rooms. 

I am booked again for November and, while browsing menus on the Celebrity App, I saw that a "no sugar added" dessert (other than ice cream) is offered each night in Blu.  Unfortunately, I am not booked in Aqua Class and will not have access to Blu.

Has anyone been successful in arranging a "no sugar added" dessert (other than ice cream) when dining in one of the four main dining rooms?  Thank you, in advance, for your help.