RCL Suite Drink Tokens

Hello folks, first question I’ve asked here.   We are going to book a Grand Suite on Mariner of the Seas.  I believe this gives us Suite Lounge Access but do we also get 4 drinks vouchers because we will be Diamond Level.   If that is the case we won’t need to buy the drinks package.   Thanks for your help in advance.

Ian

9 hours ago, 34fireman said:

Hello folks, first question I’ve asked here.   We are going to book a Grand Suite on Mariner of the Seas.  I believe this gives us Suite Lounge Access but do we also get 4 drinks vouchers because we will be Diamond Level.   If that is the case we won’t need to buy the drinks package.   Thanks for your help in advance.

Ian

@34fireman

Howdy Ian and welcome back to the Cruise Critic message boards emo22.gifI see it has been a while since you have posted.

Thank you for your new thread titled RCL Suite Drink Tokens posted on the Cruise Blogs & Websites forum. emo34.gif However, the thread is off topic there. That forum is for members to share their personal travelogue-type cruise-related blogs or websites with their fellow Cruise Critic members.

To help you out, your thread has been moved to the Royal Caribbean International forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed on a RCI cruise frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Be sure to browse through the thread titles on this forum l👀king for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you.

And don't forget, be sure to look for the specific Roll Call thread for your cruise after booking. That is where you will find your fellow Cruise Critic members sailing with you. To explain our Roll Call threads and finding the Roll Call thread for your next cruise, please read What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know and How To: Create A New Roll Call. And for more information about our famous Roll Calls, please read the Roll Calls and Our Policy Regarding Facebook and Roll Calls sections in the Guidelines. We also have a Cruise Critic article you might enjoy too: 8 Reasons to Join a Cruise Critic Roll Call

Cruise Critic is a great resource for new as well as experienced cruisers. Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community Categories list. Read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka Stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in a forum. You will find very important instructions or information there.

After your cruise, be sure to submit your review for publication by Cruise Critic. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience! emo49.gif See How To: Submit a Member Review.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

10 hours ago, 34fireman said:

If that is the case we won’t need to buy the drinks package.  

Yes, you can have unlimited drinks in the SL during happy hour and then have another 4 drinks at anytime at any venue on the ship (and CocoCay).

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, 34fireman said:

Ian

Agree with previous posts , we are diamond plus so we had unlimited drinks during the 3 hour happy hour up to the 13 dollar level , plus we had 5 drinks again up to the 13 dollar limit , this will cover almost every drink occasionally we get wine above the limit then you pay extra plus tip so for a 15 dollar drink you pay 2.36. Have a great cruise. Love the grand suites.

Thank you all so very much for this.   I have one more question folks.  We are not Diamond status yet.   I have 2 cruises booked at the minute.   One in August and one next February.  After the February cruise, I achieve Diamond status.   This cruise I am about to book will be in November 2023.   So if I am booking it without Diamond status now, will I still get the Diamond perks in November?

Thanks in advance.  Ian

4 minutes ago, 34fireman said:

Thank you all so very much for this.   I have one more question folks.  We are not Diamond status yet.   I have 2 cruises booked at the minute.   One in August and one next February.  After the February cruise, I achieve Diamond status.   This cruise I am about to book will be in November 2023.   So if I am booking it without Diamond status now, will I still get the Diamond perks in November?

Thanks in advance.  Ian

Yes.

1 minute ago, 34fireman said:

Thanks in advance.  Ian

Yes.  Onboard Diamond benefits are not based on when you book, but when you sail.  If the next two cruses in August 2022 and February 2023 give you enough points, then you will be D on the November 2023 cruise and get all the onboard benefits.  

I think the only thing you won't get is the Diamond discount on balcony/suite staterooms.  You may be able to cancel and rebook and get discount that once you become Diamond, or maybe the discount can be applied if you contact the C&A reps once you are D.  The problem may be that the rates go up so the discount may not be enough to offset the lowest rate you could book at.