Only booking to 70% capacity

kaymoz

Just got off Pursuit-lotsa Covid and Azamara hid it all-honestly,wouldn't believe a thing they told me.If you want to cruise, just go but don't expect Azamara to care about social distancing or anything else.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

They keep them in the passenger compartment (pressurized), not in the baggage hold (non-pressurized).  Big difference.

Just spoke with a friend who’s a steward with an airline who said the hold is pressurised, too, as it’s where they carry animals.  

For going off-topic (😔) I promise to contribute to the thread subject when I board Journey in 6 weeks’ time and find out the numbers onboard. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Just spoke with a friend who’s a steward with an airline who said the hold is pressurised, too, as it’s where they carry animals.  

For going off-topic (😔) I promise to contribute to the thread subject when I board Journey in 6 weeks’ time and find out the numbers onboard. 

Thanks for the education.  My memories must go back to the early days of flying [like when I was a stowaway on Lindy's flight...]  If you have any FeverTree left over, leave it with the Butler for 7114 and all will be forgiven!!!  🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Thanks for the education.  My memories must go back to the early days of flying [like when I was a stowaway on Lindy's flight...]  If you have any FeverTree left over, leave it with the Butler for 7114 and all will be forgiven!!!  🤣

😆😆😉

On 6/20/2022 at 10:41 AM, kaymoz said:

OP here....I'm just reporting on what the woman told me about that 70%, which frankly surprised me.  I'd already booked for late July so it seemed clear that it applied to our sailing, but I didn't ask her for specific dates.  In my last few calls, the wait times were much more reasonable than, say, a month ago, so calling for more specifics related to individual situations might not be a big hassle if it matters.  It wouldn't affect my decision!  

Wikipedia cites the max passenger capacity for Pursuit as 777 (maybe that is maxing out all the fold-out berths?).  At 70%, I come up with 543.  Onward is listed for 826 max, so that would be 578.  I can't explain 600  mentioned earlier unless someone rounded up from five hundred something!  Or maybe there is a totally different calculation that wraps in all the people aboard, passengers and crew?  OR something else?!

Or else they just plain lied to you or  just made up the numbers.  I will bet that my idea is the correct one.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

On 6/23/2022 at 6:55 PM, ECCruise said:

Depends on where you are sailing.

Just got off  Journey and masks were required in all indoor venues except actively eating or drinking.  Compliance was around 90% or so.  Always the same handful of non-compliant, strolling everywhere unmasked including crawling along the buffet line in Windows.  No challenge from staff whatsoever. 

That’s in Greece, right? They’ve been an exception right along, with tighter rules about masks and tests.

10 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

That’s in Greece, right? They’ve been an exception right along, with tighter rules about masks and tests.

Greece and Turkey, yes.

Greece was actually a little better in October, 2021 then they were in June, 2022. 

• Like 1