Future Cruise Deposits

john2003

Just off the NA. I signed the form onboard for the future cruise deposits. No confirmation and not processed through my credit card.

Anyone know if they still do them onboard? Trying to contact HAL but this is no longer easy.

Hopefully you took a pic of the form you filled out.  They are supposed to drop off a confirmation prior to your disembarkation.  Sometimes you will see it after the fact but I no longer trust them since they didn’t process one of ours (my husband’s).  Took a copy of it on my next cruise because it was just a few weeks later and had a chat with the onboard cruise consultant.  She said she didn’t think she could do anything about it because he wasn’t currently on this cruise with me, but she gave Seattle a call and they honored it.  Lesson learned.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, john2003 said:

Unfortunately, I was too trusting. We will see what happens.

I always insisted on a hard copy when I bought them pre Covid.

Keep an eye on your inbox.  You should receive a Welcome Home offer.  The benefits are similar to the future cruise deposit if you book within x number of days.

47 minutes ago, john2003 said:

Just off the NA. I signed the form onboard for the future cruise deposits. No confirmation and not processed through my credit card.

Anyone know if they still do them onboard? Trying to contact HAL but this is no longer easy.

Did you give the form to someone or was it just left in your cabin?

I did this on Zuiderdam cruise ended 6/15.  The charge hit my card separately from my final balance from the cruise.  I had an email before disembarking showing the details and when I logged into HAL when I got home, it was showing up as a credit.

4 hours ago, john2003 said:

I dropped the form into the box. Sounds as though it is no longer nearly instant.

We got off the NA on 15th May so probably the same cruise consultant. We dropped the form in the box and were concerned not to have confirmation before we left the ship.

However the 4 FCD were charged to my credit card and email confirmation arrived from HAL within 24 hours. So I guess she is overwhelmed with applications.

Have a followup question. I bought 4 of these for $100 each, 2 for each of US.

My TA booked a cruise and HAL insisted they had to take all 4 which they did.

This makes no sense to me. I planned on using the second one for a future cruise.

Unsure if they took them all as deposits or 100 was a deposit and the second 100 was a payment against the final balance.

Clearly I am very confused about the rules.

21 minutes ago, john2003 said:

Have a followup question. I bought 4 of these for $100 each, 2 for each of US.

My TA booked a cruise and HAL insisted they had to take all 4 which they did.

This makes no sense to me. I planned on using the second one for a future cruise.

Unsure if they took them all as deposits or 100 was a deposit and the second 100 was a payment against the final balance.

Clearly I am very confused about the rules.

If the cruise selected was for the correct time parameters it should only be $100.  I booked one the other day and the website tried to take $200 where $100 was enough.  I called and they fixed it.  Seems to be a glitch 

HAL removed two of the FCDs today from the booking and put them back in our respective accounts. So now we used one $100 FCD for each of us which  what I expected. 

We also got an offer from HAL to add HIA to our booking for $50 us each which seemed a good deal so our TA added this.

• Like 3