Ship rooms numbers from outside

ccc321

My last cruise was way back in 2016 on the Breakaway.   While doing research on cruise critic, Someone had posted a link which showed a picture if specific ships showing  the room numbers on the outside.   So it showed  all the balconies with room numbers.  I wouldn’t  even know where to begin a  search for that.  Is that something that has surfaced lately?  Does anyone know what it is I’m talking about?

It wouldn't be horribly difficult to match a deck plan to a picture of the side of the ship to get an idea.  On Breakaway the Waterfront is on deck 8, count up from there.  match up the "humps" as landmarks for cabins...

We take a "balcony" photo (if possible) on every cruise. At the end of a port day, I head up to our room, step out on the balcony and wave to my DH who is still on the dock, and he takes a photo.

You can understand why it is not always possible I am sure.

I just looked at the balcony photo from our April 2022 cruise....No numbers on the outside of our cabin to identify our room.

Hope this helps.

30 minutes ago, MrsTocko said:

No numbers on the outside of our cabin to identify our room.

I think what the OP is asking about is photos where someone has overlaid the numbers based on the deck plans, not that the numbers were painted on the outside of the ship/balcony.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hallux said:

I think what the OP is asking about is photos where someone has overlaid the numbers based on the deck plans, not that the numbers were painted on the outside of the ship/balcony.

I got ya - I obviously understood it a completely different way!

Thought I was missing an OBVIOUS thing on every cruise...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Don't be hard on yourself.  I read it the same way initially. 🤣

Was thinking I could be way smart and impress my husband by picking out our room, and not tell him how, for those balcony pics…

I recall what the OP is referring to - don't know if it was NCL or other cruise line

I positioned a deck chair in an awkward way to flag my cabin location - my efficient cabin

steward was about to undo my locator effort - caught him on the balcony repositioning the

chair back to its original place. No loss here.

Another way to locate your balcony cabin is turn on the deck light.

Or pull the curtain half way and maybe pin something noticeable to it.

Use cruisedeckplan and view the Pictures taken of the ship.

But the best was having your cabin mate be on the balcony 

And of course this only works when your balcony faces the pier  

5 hours ago, ccc321 said:

My last cruise was way back in 2016 on the Breakaway.   While doing research on cruise critic, Someone had posted a link which showed a picture if specific ships showing  the room numbers on the outside.   So it showed  all the balconies with room numbers.  I wouldn’t  even know where to begin a  search for that.  Is that something that has surfaced lately?  Does anyone know what it is I’m talking about?

Select your ship. Shows all decks with cabin numbers, and pictures of cabins and public areas. I was looking at Encore last. 

Norwegian Encore Deck Plans, Layouts, Pictures, Videos (cruisedeckplans.com)

Edited by drumming cruisers

Here is link with no ship selected. Select ship and deck you are interested in. 

In the public areas the little black marks are phots of areas. Just roll over the dot and a picture will appear. Love this site

Norwegian Cruise Line Cruise Ship Fleet (cruisedeckplans.com)

Edited by drumming cruisers

6 hours ago, ccc321 said:

My last cruise was way back in 2016 on the Breakaway ... Does anyone know what it is I’m talking about?

Yeeeees, I do - and got the link to the Google Doc - thankfully, it's still working and accessible.  Bookmark and save it offline.  It's not easy to find it here on CC ... the "search" function is really useless, IMHO.   Looking it up to book the BA for this Fall ... enjoy 

There is a great picture of Breakaway/Getaway B6 and M6 cabins on the visual aids tab of the link I copied below.  I bookmarked this years ago.  I don't know who was the fantastic CruiseCritic member who created this, but I wish we had one for every ship!

Was this what you were looking for?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

• Like 1

17 hours ago, drumming cruisers said:

Here is link with no ship selected. Select ship and deck you are interested in. 

In the public areas the little black marks are phots of areas. Just roll over the dot and a picture will appear. Love this site

Norwegian Cruise Line Cruise Ship Fleet (cruisedeckplans.com)

That site uses my YT video I did for the 2br Fam Suite on the Pearl (11530).  I couldn't figure out why it had so many views until I stumbled across the page a few years ago

26 minutes ago, ccc321 said:

Thanks everyone.   I guess it was a little hard to articulate exactly what I was looking for.  

I know exactly which picture you are looking for! I’ll look for it and, if I’m able to find it, I’ll post! It was a great way to see where your cabin was - unlike cruise ship deck plans which doesn’t show the cabin location from the outside of the ship!

6 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

There is a great picture of Breakaway/Getaway B6 and M6 cabins on the visual aids tab of the link I copied below.  I bookmarked this years ago

This is a fantastic listing and just what I was looking for - but are there lists like this for other ships??

NCL and / or other lines??

Hope springs eternal...

1 minute ago, RGEDad said:

This is a fantastic listing and just what I was looking for - but are there lists like this for other ships??

NCL and / or other lines??

Hope springs eternal...

I've never seen anything as detailed as the Breakaway/Getaway spread sheet for other ships.  

If you click on the visual aids on that spreadsheet it does show the cabin numbers on the outside picture of the ship for a couple of different cabin classes.